IGNORED

Adam Nagy

petehinton

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

Bentley

Atkinson Kalas Baker

JD Scott/Palmer King James Vyner

Wells Martin

Never a wingback, Vyner- IMO. Unless it's a back 5 you mean.

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Nagy is not suited for the Championship I’ve always thought that to be the case. 

Nagy, Kalas and Wells all came here in the hope we would have enough for promotion or be close. However LJ and Holden proved that we don’t. 

Pearson has been tasked with a rebuild and that’s not what they signed on for

Nagy looks neat but not the sort you need for a 46 game battle, easily brushed aside and really does not make any difference where ever he plays. 

Kalas I’m convinced is pretty much yesterday’s man here. Three weeks for an offer to come in and I fully expect it!! 

Wells I like but I’ve always thought he regretted coming here from the moment LJ wanted to play him out of position. 

Semenyo. Will help when fit. But along with Bentley could still be subject to interest. 

I will reserve judgement on any level until EO October as we are very much work in progress and I’m still hopeful we will get stronger than many think we will, however much we feel that today was same old City snatching a draw from the jaws of victory!!

How does he slot into a more possession based/looking to dominate with 3 in CM type side?

Or one where he plays e.g. in the role he did for Hungary, and vs good sides at that in the Euros.

Think he's a bit of a continuity type CM anyway, in the right side.

• Like 1

Hmm, my view is that he’s a good player; stating the obvious, you don’t get to international level if you’re not. 

However it seems he struggled to settle here and suffered some injuries (not alone there) so we only saw flashes of his ability. 

I have a degree of respect for him for saying that he wants to move away - it’s a clear position for the club and gives us a chance to get player(s) in that will contribute more in what’s left of the transfer window (assuming he moves on fairly quickly of course). 

Edited by Nickybee
Spelling

50 minutes ago, TRL said:

Dsagree to an extent, he is a sitter  a great reader of the game who plugs holes that creative players try to pass through, what I do agree with is he used his pace and his athletic ability to do it. 

He can pass the ball around effectively to team mates, although does not have that raking ball that people may associate with the position he plays in.

For me he is a deep lying breaker up of play type player who spring the counter attack  very quickly, plugs the hole, feeds the likes of a bakinson, who gets the ball forward quickly.  I think (but I was never 100% sure) this is the game Johnson wanted to play but never really got it working. Unfortunately I don't see this type of player working in a Pearson team, I don't think it's the football he wants to play.

He is a sitter……for Hungary!

For City, he’s a runner, who allows himself to be sucked to the ball in an ill-disciplined way.  That’s a generalisation, as he has qualities too.  He’s rarely played the same way for city as he does for Hungary, albeit very different systems….which makes me continually question his suitability for City / Champ.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He is a sitter……for Hungary!

For City, he’s a runner, who allows himself to be sucked to the ball in an ill-disciplined way.  That’s a generalisation, as he has qualities too.  He’s rarely played the same way for city as he does for Hungary, albeit very different systems….which makes me continually question his suitability for City / Champ.

Agree. But thats not his fault, that is the coaches. When played in the correct position doing what he does best he has looked fantastic. Unfortunately our managers/coaches seem to think they know his best position!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marco the red said:

The point is he SHOULD be a sitter for us. City have used him as a CAM and a wide attacker FFS he has been woefully managed by multiple managers.

Exactly this. I am sure Johnson bought him for the right position. He played him there the first few games. Then the coaches got their hands on him!

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Never a wingback, Vyner- IMO. Unless it's a back 5 you mean.

How does he slot into a more possession based/looking to dominate with 3 in CM type side?

Or one where he plays e.g. in the role he did for Hungary, and vs good sides at that in the Euros.

Think he's a bit of a continuity type CM anyway, in the right side.

Not sure how to answer your comment s directly. But I just think….this division is a little bit too agricultural (I’m sure you get my drift) than what he needs to excel. 

I can see him in Italy or Spain doing well and getting on the ball and passing it. Even in the Prem. But here he looks like he offers little but a body with some touch. This can be said of HNM too. They are both in the wrong country in the wrong division, neither of whom offer so much as a shot on target for all their ability’s 

Two international footballers, who recently shone at hr Euros............neither can get into the first team selection of the season.  Both obviously have ability, so does this say more about the standard of tactics and management at City, or is it more down to the individual players themselves?

I’ve always been a huge fan of Nagy, as others have said i think fait has transpired against him here with him and his partner probably feeling hugely isolated due to covid and not being able to travel home plus the injuries he has suffered along the way will have all unsettled him.
It’s a shame as he clearly has a lot of talent but i think to be quite frank he isn’t a Pearson player, he isn’t somebody Nigel would have signed so i think its best for both parties if we try and get what ever dough we can for him and move on. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bris red said:

I’ve always been a huge fan of Nagy, as others have said i think fait has transpired against him here with him and his partner probably feeling hugely isolated due to covid and not being able to travel home plus the injuries he has suffered along the way will have all unsettled him.
It’s a shame as he clearly has a lot of talent but i think to be quite frank he isn’t a Pearson player, he isn’t somebody Nigel would have signed so i think its best for both parties if we try and get what ever dough we can for him and move on. 

The fairest assessment I have seen here. People forget that players are human with private lives, it's not all about ego as @harvey54 so crassly suggests.

We have never seen anything from him that suggests he doesn't want to play, there's plenty of effort when he gets on the pitch, and as far as we know he would be the same now, but Pearson quite rightly wants to focus on the longer term.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, TRL said:

Exactly this. I am sure Johnson bought him for the right position. He played him there the first few games. Then the coaches got their hands on him!

I’m not ITK on many things, but I do know (and have mentioned before on here) that before we signed Nagy we were in for Skuse back, who LJ wanted. That plays to the theory Nagy was bought as a DM, but also that he may have been a signing instigated by Mr Ashton…

I get all the detailed analysis and criticisms of players like Nagy, O’Dowda and Wells, but at the end of the day they’re experienced internationals, trusted as first picks by their international managers, two of whom have recent, decent experience of international competitions. If they’re not showing at a pretty average and currently struggling Championship club, I can’t help thinking that the problem is more with the club than the players.

8 hours ago, Mr Hankey said:

Very good player, likes we could only dream of 3 or 4 years ago, will do well to move on from this shit heap. Apparenly his type aren’t good enough but dross like Vyner will be lauded just because he comes from Bristol, shame…..

Harsh on Vyner.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, brad blit said:

I keep reading about him having high wages, but does anyone have an idea what he’s actually earning in comparison to someone like Kalas who I presume is our highest earner? @Davefevs perhaps you know? 

He was in the top third as I understand it, not on as much as Kalas but with Weimann & Baker having renegotiated, probably now in the top five or six.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brad blit said:

I keep reading about him having high wages, but does anyone have an idea what he’s actually earning in comparison to someone like Kalas who I presume is our highest earner? @Davefevs perhaps you know? 

I haven’t got a clue how much money he’s on  but I should imagine he earns more in a fortnight the most on here earn in a year. Nice money if you can get it!

Will be easy to find another club for him if he’s half as good as some of the comments on here make him out to be. 
We shall see, had a good first few games for us but I can’t remember another game where I’ve walked away from the ground thinking he stood out. 
I think we have better players than him, a backup player, offload him and his wages.

30 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

I get all the detailed analysis and criticisms of players like Nagy, O’Dowda and Wells, but at the end of the day they’re experienced internationals, trusted as first picks by their international managers, two of whom have recent, decent experience of international competitions. If they’re not showing at a pretty average and currently struggling Championship club, I can’t help thinking that the problem is more with the club than the players.

Like Joe Morrell though, Nagy is a regular in a pretty average international team. Morrell got plenty of plaudits for his performances at the Euros too but has barely got a minute at two Championship clubs.

International tournament football is very different to the Championship. It's horses for courses in many ways.

If Nagy leaves us for another Championship club or for the Prem and performs we can say that the club have screwed up.

But he isn't, he'll be heading back to the continent, where his style of play is better suited.

Good luck to him. 

• Like 7

I think unless he goes on to spectacular things and is regularly talked about he will be yet another play who in a couple of years time most of us will have forgotten he ever played for us. Rarely shone for us, or had a chance to shine. Injuries again hit him early in his career here and once out of the team only played a limited role. 

As others have said, he isn’t needed and I think we need a new Diedhiou more urgently.

A club of our our standing rarely gets the opportunity to sign such high quality talent and it should be a case of some regret within our management team they were unable to get the most out of him. 

"On 10 June 2016, Nagy was listed among the top 10 young talents at the Euro 2016. and includes football players such as Kingsley Coman, Julian Draxler, and Raphaël Guerreiro".

As to his future destination -"During the European Championship, Nagy attracted attention from clubs such as Benfica, Olympique de Marseille and Leicester City."

• Like 2

Think there seems to be a lot of people who’ve forgotten we’ve gone through/are still going through a global pandemic, and Nagy is one of many who’s living miles away from family/friends. 

he’s just had his first kid, that’s not the greatest combination. Don’t blame him for wanting out one bit

• Like 11
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Think there seems to be a lot of people who’ve forgotten we’ve gone through/are still going through a global pandemic, and Nagy is one of many who’s living miles away from family/friends. 

he’s just had his first kid, that’s not the greatest combination. Don’t blame him for wanting out one bit

100%.

8 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Question needs to be asked, will he be missed? No is the answer so it’s an easy sell, especially with minimal time remaining on contract. He has his pros but I think he will very quickly be forgotten, no disrespect intended

There are no “easy sells” unless you can get someone to buy.

Hopefully his agent has been warming clubs up or we could be left with a player still with us next month that doesn’t want to be here & we won’t pick.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bris red said:

This is about right. Nagy is a good footballer. Doesn’t strike me as a Billy Big Nuts at all. In fact seems to have actually given a toss in a lot of games where other players hid during our worst runs. The fact seems clear that he doesn’t look likely to be in the Manager’s plans so best thing for both parties is for him to move on and get either a decent return for a fee, or at least help our FFP and get a a mobile main striker that after yesterday showed we desperately need (fair play to Martin who worked hard, took his goal well and had a decent game. I will be overjoyed if he can do this all season but even more surprised. We need someone with some pace, physicality, keeps the opposition on their toes and can press - Pearson I’m sure knows who fits the bill roughly out there, but as he says, it will cost. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

A club of our our standing rarely gets the opportunity to sign such high quality talent and it should be a case of some regret within our management team they were unable to get the most out of him. 

"On 10 June 2016, Nagy was listed among the top 10 young talents at the Euro 2016. and includes football players such as Kingsley Coman, Julian Draxler, and Raphaël Guerreiro".

As to his future destination -"During the European Championship, Nagy attracted attention from clubs such as Benfica, Olympique de Marseille and Leicester City."

And at one point, Marvin Brown was going to be a £10m footballer and Bas Savage was going to be a competent pro.

Fact is, even if Nagy showed potential in 2016 he was a long way from realising it to the level of the others quoted. Had he done so, sure as eggs is eggs, he wouldn’t have been playing for Bologna and they wouldn’t have been happy to sell him to us. Five years ago he had potential - I don’t think anyone can say that in his time with us he’s looked a cut above the rest.

If our management team should regret not getting the best out of him, Adam himself based on his career to date should be looking doubly hard.

Or, it might be he’s just not as good as he may have been seen to be at one point.

16 minutes ago, ray savino said:

This is about right. Nagy is a good footballer. Doesn’t strike me as a Billy Big Nuts at all. In fact seems to have actually given a toss in a lot of games where other players hid during our worst runs. The fact seems clear that he doesn’t look likely to be in the Manager’s plans so best thing for both parties is for him to move on and get either a decent return for a fee, or at least help our FFP and get a a mobile main striker that after yesterday showed we desperately need (fair play to Martin who worked hard, took his goal well and had a decent game. I will be overjoyed if he can do this all season but even more surprised. We need someone with some pace, physicality, keeps the opposition on their toes and can press - Pearson I’m sure knows who fits the bill roughly out there, but as he says, it will cost. 

Exactly this.

I rate Nagy but we've never played the right system for him (and nor has he done enough to justify us building our midfield around us). As you say, I thought he was one of the few players who tried last season but he obviously isn't quite what the manager wants and - given we have James, King, Bakinson, Massengo and Williams, plus Scott and Palmer as attacking midfield options - it makes sense for everyone if he moves on.

But I don't think anyone has to be the bad guy there. Nagy is good enough for it to be reasonable for him to want to be someone where he can play regular football and Pearson has every right to pick the team he wants. I hope a move gets found for him quickly and that everyone can move on. 

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Dave we had a long discussion about Nagy earlier in the summer, especially anout positions etc. 

When picked for us he's played in the roles that have been asked of him by managers who seemingly want to play him here there and everywhere. 

Personally I think he can and probably would excel in a more forward 3 and we've had that discussion too. 

However here we are with his place in the team being taken over by someone who's 30 plus and not played Champs football in donkeys

It marks the 3rd successive manager who's tried to square peg, round hole or left him out completely. 

A few have mentioned bit part elsewhere  Nagy came through at a similar age to HNM at Ferencvaros and then went to Bologna in Serie A to carry on learning. (being a similar age to Vyner at Aberdeen etc there, but clearly at a much higher level.) 

We've literally been a step down for him, and not utilised the asset we have. 

Wouldn't be shocked to see him in the Prem and am absolutely dismayed as to how much we've wasted a player of his calibre. 

I have never seen such a rose-tinted post about a player. A player of his calibre ? I can’t recall one game for us where he has stood out as anything special. Physically weak, not great on the ball, and good stamina but zero intelligence in terms of how to maintain shape. 

1 minute ago, SuperRed said:

I have never seen such a rose-tinted post about a player. A player of his calibre ? I can’t recall one game for us where he has stood out as anything special. Physically weak, not great on the ball, and good stamina but zero intelligence in terms of how to maintain shape. 

Blimey by the sound of things you think it's unlikely that we could give him away.

• Like 1