IGNORED

Adam Nagy

petehinton

20 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Letting clubs know the player wants out ?

Reduces value surely.

Yep, but better than letting a player suck £0.75m out of the club in wages by leaving on a free next summer.  Damage limitation, maybe?  Get something now by way of a fee and save the wages.

18 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

To the people who seem to criticise all my posts and u know who you are  i mentioned i hope kalas stays. if you look at the post just before my comment i was replying to the person who said he heard kalas wanted to leave. Of course i know Taylor Moore is not a midfield player. 

Yes, that ought to have been clear from the discussion on here, and i agree that relying on taylor moore if kalas leaves is asking for trouble, however much of a good lad he is.

He understands that he not in the plans of NP. Think its naturell he will leave He is a good player and I Think he Will do fine in a team that the manager believes in him.He played the euros against good teams and did it well. Sorry he did not make it here but thats life. Hope we get good money for him and I wish him well.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Nagy is a regular in a pretty average international team.

That’s not the point though, it’s the quality of players he’s up against that will improve him. 
Being in an average international team means he gets more chances to test himself against the best.

Him and Kalas must be very confident of shining at our level after their recent Euro exploits.

20 hours ago, Super said:

Since when has Taylor Moore been a midfielder?

20 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

What ! ? what has.  taylor Moore got to do with it & you do know Nagy is a midfielder , right ? 
he doesn’t need to be replaced either , we got plenty of midfielders. 

Think he is referring to the rumours from further up the page that Kalas wants out too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

He understands that he not in the plans of NP. Think its naturell he will leave He is a good player and I Think he Will do fine in a team that the manager believes in him.He played the euros against good teams and did it well. Sorry he did not make it here but thats life. Hope we get good money for him and I wish him well.

I think he needs a manager that understands his strengths and weaknesses, sets him a role and sticks with it.

By his own admission he tends to be a bit of a headless chicken. He needs to be shackled into a specific role, then he will excel - as shown in the Euro’s. 

We couldn’t have done worse really with a player of his nature, asking him to perform different roles, within constantly changing systems and with a revolving door of players. 

My only doubts with him is whether he’s suited to the physicality and speed of Championship football. Always criticised the ‘mini-me’ philosophy/strategy of LJ…. so, I’ll trust Big Nige’s call on this one.

All the best Nagy and at least I won’t now have to listen to 50 different pronunciations  of his name on commentaries. 

• Like 2

Looks like Nagy and Kalas will be gone by the close of this window, while we reinvest (some) of their wages in a big hearted striker from Rotherham or such like. If it works- and these plans do occasionally- we can relax in mid table as other Championship clubs implode financially. But if the new CF turns out to be 8 goals a season tops ( and auto correct initially changed ‘striker’ above to ‘drinker’ !), and Baker does his ACL ( or any one of his other dubious ligaments) in September, this could turn into a grim winter. Being a natural pessimist ( you tend to be when you press 60) I’m telling myself to try and enjoy August and develop a back up hobby, just in case.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

Looks like Nagy and Kalas will be gone by the close of this window, while we reinvest (some) of their wages in a big hearted striker from Rotherham or such like. If it works- and these plans do occasionally- we can relax in mid table as other Championship clubs implode financially. But if the new CF turns out to be 8 goals a season tops ( and auto correct initially changed ‘striker’ above to ‘drinker’ !), and Baker does his ACL ( or any one of his other dubious ligaments) in September, this could turn into a grim winter. Being a natural pessimist ( you tend to be when you press 60) I’m telling myself to try and enjoy August and develop a back up hobby, just in case.

Just imagine having a top scorer with just 8 goals…..and getting to a play off final. ???

???

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Bedred31 said:

We have two internationel players, Nagy and Kalas, both not good enough for Bristol City. Think its both funny and tragic. Last season Kalas was our best defender and played euros this summer, did it well. Nagy injuried a lot and not played in the position he likes, Wells same thing. Maybe Im old fashioned but think we should play the game from the skills of our players. Last season Holden preferd 532, therefore no room for Eliasson. Since Eliasson left we play without a naturel winger, dont count or hope for COD anymore. Sometimes football is simple I remember Terry Cooper said.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 2

On 08/08/2021 at 12:57, BTRFTG said:

Accounts due to be published soon. I'd be amazed were they anything other than catastrophic £40-£45m loss? Net debt pushing upward of £150m.

In which case anything of value must go. Expensive liabilities we can offload, ditto.

From an FFP perspective, that's before Covid losses adjusted out I take it? Added to 2019/20 and halved, also bear in mind it's £5m per year in the usual Allowances quite probably (Academy, Depreciation etc).

What then follows is how much SL can/will fund. Of course the wage bill needs to fall, the Amortisation as well probably by next Summer and stay at reasonable levels for a little while.

My estimates for losses were maybe £30-35m inclusive of FFP costs but before Covid allowances. ie £30-35m then impact of Covid.

8 hours ago, Bedred31 said:

Why not a useful RB/RWB loanee, striker and maybe wide man.

We have to utilise the loan market well if we sell, not sure Smith would be the answer. Crooks would have been a strong addition, Odemwinya if he's a winger/wide midfielder and has promise.

Have to wonder about how much headroom, Sheffield Wednesday freshly relegated have just signed 12-13 players. Yes a lot left but we had a lot leave too, they've sold nobody of note (£600k for Borner aside). Relegation also means a hit of £5-6m maybe.

I note that they've added:

Peacock-Farrell- Loan, Burnley (PL)

Gibson- Loan (Everton) (PL)

Byers- Free then fee (Swansea) (Championship)

Wing- Loan (Middlesbrough) (Championship)

Gregory- Undisclosed (Stoke) (Championship)

Also added Hunt on a free after he left us, Adeniran from Everton on a free (think was on loan at Wycombe). He might have had wages that were real cheap though, as well as other loanees, one from St Gallen and a young guy from QPR.

About to seek to extend Windass deal as well, or new deal. Seems very odd that they're spending like that in their position emerging from Covid. They couldn't/ didn't even want to sign Pickering from Crewe in Jan on terms Crewe wanted, offering Crewe loan then fee in Summer! 

Could NP utilise some of his Leicester connections? Promising young players at RB, wide area and up front.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

32 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Why not a useful RB/RWB loanee, striker and maybe wide man.

We have to utilise the loan market well if we sell, not sure Smith would be the answer. Crooks would have been a strong addition, Odemwinya if he's a winger/wide midfielder and has promise.

Have to wonder about how much headroom, Sheffield Wednesday freshly relegated have just signed 12-13 players. Yes a lot left but we had a lot leave too, they've sold nobody of note (£600k for Borner aside). Relegation also means a hit of £5-6m maybe.

I note that they've added:

Peacock-Farrell- Loan, Burnley (PL)

Gibson- Loan (Everton) (PL)

Byers- Free then fee (Swansea) (Championship)

Wing- Loan (Middlesbrough) (Championship)

Gregory- Undisclosed (Stoke) (Championship)

Also added Hunt on a free after he left us, Adeniran from Everton on a free (think was on loan at Wycombe). He might have had wages that were real cheap though, as well as other loanees, one from St Gallen and a young guy from QPR.

About to seek to extend Windass deal as well, or new deal. Seems very odd that they're spending like that in their position emerging from Covid. They couldn't/ didn't even want to sign Pickering from Crewe in Jan on terms Crewe wanted, offering Crewe loan then fee in Summer! 

Could NP utilise some of his Leicester connections? Promising young players at RB, wide area and up front.

Any more Leicester old boys more like! Maybe Wes Morgan could replace Kalas. He’s only about 10 years older than him and hardly played in the last year or so. And our last Leicester loanee at centre back didn’t turn out to be quite so good (Benkovic).

I can see both Kalas and Nagy being sold on for both financial and footballing reasons. The question is who we bring in instead, and I am not getting my hopes up. I predict a long and at times quite dire season ahead, toughing it out in the lower reaches of the division.

Not worried about Kalas & Nagy going which will hopefully fund some new players

Despite his good form in the Euros, Kalas was poor for us last season and not a captain

I like Nagy, but the problem with foreign players is they can become homesick and not settle, to have his family in Hungary shows lack of commitment to the club and needs to jog on

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Not worried about Kalas & Nagy going which will hopefully fund some new players

Despite his good form in the Euros, Kalas was poor for us last season and not a captain

I like Nagy, but the problem with foreign players is they can become homesick and not settle, to have his family in Hungary shows lack of commitment to the club and needs to jog on

I am not sure having his family in Hungary shows a ‘lack of commitment to the club’.

AN’s partner has just given birth to their first child and perhaps, just perhaps, as her partner (AN) is a full time footballer in England, with little time or experience of raising children, she preferred the support of her mother and family in this new and important task.

Coupled with the restrictions brought about by this horror that is COVID, perhaps AN is missing his partner and newborn baby, thus is unsettled.

It seems quite understandable and normal to me.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 16

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am not sure having his family in Hungary shows a ‘lack of commitment to the club’.

AN’s partner has just given birth to their first child and perhaps, just perhaps, as her partner (AN) is a full time footballer in England, with little time or experience of raising children, she preferred the support of her mother and family in this new and important task.

Coupled with the restrictions brought about by this horror that is COVID, perhaps AN is missing his partner and newborn baby, thus is unsettled.

It seems quite normal to me.

My understanding is she has never moved here even before covid (so not committed as a family to Bristol), with now having a baby Nagy's got no chance of settling in Bristol and keeping is head straight for football. 

50 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Any more Leicester old boys more like! Maybe Wes Morgan could replace Kalas. He’s only about 10 years older than him and hardly played in the last year or so. And our last Leicester loanee at centre back didn’t turn out to be quite so good (Benkovic).

I can see both Kalas and Nagy being sold on for both financial and footballing reasons. The question is who we bring in instead, and I am not getting my hopes up. I predict a long and at times quite dire season ahead, toughing it out in the lower reaches of the division.

Was thinking more of younger players.

Benkovic tbh we didn't see the best of. At LCB in a back 3, suddenly an improvement under DH.

Moore-Kalas-Benkovic could have been interesting. Plus, Baker and Williams in reserve (was not too sure about the latter age wise).

Or Kalas-Benkovic and at other times, Moore-Benkovic- in the right structure Benkovic can carry it, not bad technically- young enough for a high line.

I really wanted to love Adam.  He is a good player.  He has quietly gone about 54 club appearances.  I think quietly is the key word.  The more he fell out of love with this club, the feelings started get reciprocated.

Intelligent player (you only had to see the job he did for Hungry, marking space in front of their defence), he will find a continental club and flourish with ease.

Best all round for a move.

PS Looking forward to seeing V England next month, where ever he lands.

Stevo

Edited by WayOutWest
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

My understanding is she has never moved here even before covid (so not committed as a family to Bristol), with now having a baby Nagy's got no chance of settling in Bristol and keeping is head straight for football. 

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure I read some time ago, pre COVID, that AN and his partner had found/were looking for an apartment down by the harbour.

Don’t hold me to it, I have slept several times since I read (or imagined) said article.

• Like 1

NP wants to work with a smaller group of players, and that is great in practice.

The only downside is if he only has 2/3 players per position, then if we sell one of those players; they will have to be replaced.

This is the situation we find ourselves with in regard to Kalas. If we sell a CB at present, we will first have to replace him like for like; before spending money on a forward. I don't know if Wells is off (I'd be surprised). But I can't see him being an NP player moving forward. His general work rate just isn't there. For his size he is also not particularly quick. He's the type of player that thrives off wingers/wide men that create loads of chances with their crosses or dribbles. We just aren't that team at the moment. At QPR he had Eze, Osayi-Samuel etc. His signing has to go down as one of the strangest in recent times. 

Looking at our full back position. Where in all honesty we need strengthening on both sides; but financially we're just not in a place where we can do that. I think we're going to struggle if JD or Vyner get injured. Got to be looking for some cover there maybe before the end of the month (another loan?)

The sole position in the team where we can afford to lose players at present (other than sending out some of the youth on loan) is at CM. Even without Nagy's request, he was on a sticky wicket. High wages, entering his last year of contract. By no means in the starting 11; and unlikely to get a similar contract from the club again. I think he's made the decision easy for the club. I think i'm right in saying that if he asks to be released as well, we don't have to pay up his contract? (one for @Davefevs and @Mr Popodopolousthere.

I can only think that we will take offers for a number of players at present; and then look to replace them with loans. In that way, the general reset in regards to the squad won't be affected beyond the end of this season.

What's amazing now is that the coffers are bare, we have very little room on our FFP; and are struggling to spend £1m on a player by the look of it. But look at the squad and the money spent on it:-

Wells - £3.5m

Kalas - £8m

JD - £2m

Palmer - £3.5m

Weimann - £2.2m

Nagy - £2.25m

COD - £1m

Baker - £3.5m

Williams - £1.25m

Moore - £1.5m

Bentley - £2m

Massengo - £2m (possibly more?)

Bakinson - £500k

A long hard struggle ahead this season I fear.

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

NP wants to work with a smaller group of players, and that is great in practice.

The only downside is if he only has 2/3 players per position, then if we sell one of those players; they will have to be replaced.

This is the situation we find ourselves with in regard to Kalas. If we sell a CB at present, we will first have to replace him like for like; before spending money on a forward. I don't know if Wells is off (I'd be surprised). But I can't see him being an NP player moving forward. His general work rate just isn't there. For his size he is also not particularly quick. He's the type of player that thrives off wingers/wide men that create loads of chances with their crosses or dribbles. We just aren't that team at the moment. At QPR he had Eze, Osayi-Samuel etc. His signing has to go down as one of the strangest in recent times. 

Looking at our full back position. Where in all honesty we need strengthening on both sides; but financially we're just not in a place where we can do that. I think we're going to struggle if JD or Vyner get injured. Got to be looking for some cover there maybe before the end of the month (another loan?)

The sole position in the team where we can afford to lose players at present (other than sending out some of the youth on loan) is at CM. Even without Nagy's request, he was on a sticky wicket. High wages, entering his last year of contract. By no means in the starting 11; and unlikely to get a similar contract from the club again. I think he's made the decision easy for the club. I think i'm right in saying that if he asks to be released as well, we don't have to pay up his contract? (one for @Davefevs and @Mr Popodopolousthere.

I can only think that we will take offers for a number of players at present; and then look to replace them with loans. In that way, the general reset in regards to the squad won't be affected beyond the end of this season.

What's amazing now is that the coffers are bare, we have very little room on our FFP; and are struggling to spend £1m on a player by the look of it. But look at the squad and the money spent on it:-

Wells - £3.5m

Kalas - £8m

JD - £2m

Palmer - £3.5m

Weimann - £2.2m

Nagy - £2.25m

COD - £1m

Baker - £3.5m

Williams - £1.25m

Moore - £1.5m

Bentley - £2m

Massengo - £2m (possibly more?)

Bakinson - £500k

A long hard struggle ahead this season I fear.

Not so pessimistic as you about the squad if we have a reasonable fitness rate for a change. Not saying we will hit the top 6 but long hard season subject to injuries sounds a bit overblown.

Nagy have we seen the best of- or if he leaves, did we? A fit Williams will be like a new signing, Massengo and Bakinson still have much time to develop. 

I still think we're a tad short, 2-3 players but a number of players age range wise who can still develop moving forward.

Was it wide service as such or more like through balls he (Wells) thrived on? Eze, Osayi-Samuel to name 2 are more creative than wingers, wonder how a hypothetical Weimann wider right, Paterson wide left and Wells central might have done.

Semenyo first reserve right, O'Dowda left albeit differing styles too.

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure I read some time ago, pre COVID, that AN and his partner had found/were looking for an apartment down by the harbour.

Don’t hold me to it, I have slept several times since I read (or imagined) said article.

I recall Nagy say something along the lines of that he maybe didn’t put all his effort into settling here, should’ve moved his girlfriend over at the start, etc, etc.  Maybe that harbour apartment was the new plan, until she become pregnant.  Maybe the change in manager changed things.

We just need to find a buyer.

@NcnsBcfcre contractual bonuses, typically end of year bonuses, they continue to be paid unless he puts in a written transfer request….whether he’s done that or just verbally I’ve no idea.

18 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

From an FFP perspective, that's before Covid losses adjusted out I take it? Added to 2019/20 and halved, also bear in mind it's £5m per year in the usual Allowances quite probably (Academy, Depreciation etc).

What then follows is how much SL can/will fund. Of course the wage bill needs to fall, the Amortisation as well probably by next Summer and stay at reasonable levels for a little while.

My estimates for losses were maybe £30-35m inclusive of FFP costs but before Covid allowances. ie £30-35m then impact of Covid.

Not particularly interested in the farce that is FFP.

I reckon from previous accounts and trading issues the club will lose circa £40-£45m last year. Our outgoings won't have reduced much and income is signally down.

Pisa have reached the two legged play off finals to get out of Serie B, they got through the semi final even though the tie finished 1-1 based on their higher league position which seems a bit odd. 
Adam has played 29 of their 38 games and played in both of the recent games. The first leg is on the 26th May away to Monza, the 2nd leg is on the 29th.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

I thought Eros Pisano also went to Pisa. I checked and wiki says he moved on and now plays for some Seris C team  (who I will not attempt to spell) with a  stadium capacity 2.8k or similar… so I guess pretty small team.  

Good luck to Adam. I also like following ex players and see how it all pans out..

• Like 2