IGNORED

Np dugout

Rocking Red Cyril

1 hour ago, Street red said:

He was sat in the lansdown in front of the corporate boxes a better view of the game I guess.

Been waiting for a football manager to go that route tbh, think they fear fan backlash of not being on the touchline barking instructions if things aren’t going well. Aerial view, radio to the bench makes sense.

Nige strikes me as an observer that will put a framework in place and tweak the framework and coach the coaches within the framework for good long term results, he will leave the fact that someone needs to communicate a tactical changes to others unless he feels the need to step in, that would likely mean someone else isn't doing there job within the framework though. 

He was up high relaying messages all game aka big Sam style.

Makes sense to me you can seemuch more of the game from up there.

And let's be honest, it the coaches that bark orders nor the manager, they are needed at the start and half time to give a rollicking or advice.

6 minutes ago, TRL said:

He was up high relaying messages all game aka big Sam style.

Makes sense to me you can seemuch more of the game from up there.

And let's be honest, it the coaches that bark orders nor the manager, they are needed at the start and half time to give a rollicking or advice.

I can never understand how bielsa can see the game so we’ll watching Leeds sat down on a tub , like nige I would want to be at a higher view point to be able to see everything but then again I’m not a manager so what would I know

11 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I can never understand how bielsa can see the game so we’ll watching Leeds sat down on a tub , like nige I would want to be at a higher view point to be able to see everything but then again I’m not a manager so what would I know

Well I reckon that's because bielsa is a one trickk pony not the mastermind that many give him credit for. His teams have always been about high fitness and high tempo press, all he needs to see is if individuals are not performing and make that sub decision, he really has no plan b just plan A. This is why although he is lauded as great I am not sure his actual achievements stack up to tbe myth

7 hours ago, TRL said:

Well I reckon that's because bielsa is a one trickk pony not the mastermind that many give him credit for. His teams have always been about high fitness and high tempo press, all he needs to see is if individuals are not performing and make that sub decision, he really has no plan b just plan A. This is why although he is lauded as great I am not sure his actual achievements stack up to tbe myth

Maybe, but it’s incredibly effective though.

8 hours ago, TRL said:

That's like saying Rolex are a one trick pony because all they sell is high quality watches, they sell really good watches that work. 

Bielsa provides highly effective football that wins, if the plan A is good enough there's no need for a plan B - seems to be something that most football fans would want. He has progressed most football clubs he has been at - that's not something many managers can say. 

No problem with Nigel being in the stands to observe the game but I was disappointed that he didn’t make his way to the bench for the last 10 minutes.  Personally I think his presence and vocal encouragement on the touch line for the last part of the game would have been much more useful than anything gleamed from the stands in that period. 

44 minutes ago, Pezo said:

That's like saying Rolex are a one trick pony because all they sell is high quality watches, they sell really good watches that work. 

Bielsa provides highly effective football that wins, if the plan A is good enough there's no need for a plan B - seems to be something that most football fans would want. He has progressed most football clubs he has been at - that's not something many managers can say. 

Not sure about the analogy, Rolex make good watches so the sit on your wrist and tell you time accurately for the length of time you have a watch, it is their only function, a football manager is there to instill his ideas and tactics to a team and manage that team to wins by planning for games and reacting to to what happens on the pitch. This is where I feel he can fail. If the opposition can stop you effectively you need to change those tactics  o just don't see it with Bielsa

I don't disagree about the effectiveness  its just when the effectiveness is countered he has no plan B and his record in finals testifies to that. I think you are right he certainly progressed some clubs he went to but I am not sure he went anywhere long enough to really instill the Bielsa way, and his game plan was long thrown away once his standard 1 to 2 year tenure passed (if he even got that far into his contract)

That said I like his football and he certainly has a unique way of going about things.. I think he is one of those short term type managers clubs need to try and kick a sleeping giant into life before moving on.

36 minutes ago, General Zod said:

No problem with Nigel being in the stands to observe the game but I was disappointed that he didn’t make his way to the bench for the last 10 minutes.  Personally I think his presence and vocal encouragement on the touch line for the last part of the game would have been much more useful than anything gleamed from the stands in that period. 

I get your point but would you have said the same thing if we hadn't conceded and had won?

54 minutes ago, Pezo said:

He's progressed a few clubs but none of the worlds biggest. Won nothing at Bilbao. 

Olympic gold with Argentina maybe his biggest achievement?

In terms of honours won I doubt he troubles the top 100 managers of all-time. 

Pearson spent pretty much the entire season watching from the stands when  we won and started the PL season there too. He got banned from the touch line early in the season and hardly ever returned. Think he doesn’t see a need to be down there/wants to control his emotions/thinks you get a better view of the game and players

2 hours ago, Pezo said:

I get your point but would you have said the same thing if we hadn't conceded and had won?

I just think from his view from the stand he would have seen we were being pushed back, I don’t think there was much to gain observing the last 10 minutes from there.  The analyst next to him could have kept a stands eye view of goings on for him and I think his presence on the touch line would have been more useful.  We still might not have won but I was surprised that he stayed in the stands for 90 minutes.

Archived