IGNORED

O'dowda

Rocking Red Cyril

5 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Well, for the 10 mins he was on the pitch he continued to show no reason why he should be anywhere near the starting 11. 

useless. 

Bit harsh but he should really have scored with that run on goal. 

4 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

Bit harsh but he should really have scored with that run on goal. 

Agreed- for an attacking player, He doesn’t have that instinct or drive to ever look confident of scoring/assisting in those dangerous areas. 

Now in his 6th season with us, 141 games, 7 goals in that time- Pathetic. 

I thought he was alright for the 8 mind on the pitch....

2 runs behind their back 4. Albeit the ball wouldn't come down for him with the 2nd, and the defender got back; and injured him in the process.

That was more than any of our other wide men managed in the remaining 85 mins.

Not his biggest fan  due to his inconsistency. But i think he started the season ok today.

Six years on and people are still parroting the same old stuff about COD being a key player, this will be his season, looked lively, etc.

It was a shame to see him forced off the pitch early as I felt that a strong game from him with the fans back would help his case a lot and make the COD-moaners like me look like idiots.

However, I remain staunchly of the opinion that when it comes to what he has brought over the last six years, he's just not the answer. Sorry. If he was up to it, he surely would have proven that by now.

Funnily enough I always get flack on here for saying stuff like this about him, despite the very clear evidence we have all seen for SIX YEARS now.

The obvious disclaimer here is that I have always wanted my opinions about him to be proven wrong and for all my posts criticising him to bite me in the arse. But if we are being honest, that is not likely.

2 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I thought he was alright for the 8 mind on the pitch....

2 runs behind their back 4. Albeit the ball wouldn't come down for him with the 2nd, and the defender got back; and injured him in the process.

That was more than any of our other wide men managed in the remaining 85 mins.

Not his biggest fan  due to his inconsistency. But i think he started the season ok today.

Spends more time on the treatment table than on the pitch.

O'dowda seems to be one of those players that have all the attributes managers  love and trains like a demon, but when it comes to game day very rarely brings the A Game. He is a traing ground hero, and managers love them. Really great managers acknowledge that some players are crap on the training ground but can be devastating in a game ala Le Tisser.

For me O'Dowda is a managers training wet dream. Unfortunately us fans only see the very occasional flash of brilliance where it really counts

4 hours ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Agreed- for an attacking player, He doesn’t have that instinct or drive to ever look confident of scoring/assisting in those dangerous areas. 

Now in his 6th season with us, 141 games, 7 goals in that time- Pathetic. 

Completely agree, well said. ?

10 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Hopefully not too serious. Key player for us this season. A runner who looks to get in behind with real pace and power. Only Semenyo has that but he's also out ?

O'dowda & Semenyo "key" players for us?????

If this truly is the case we are headed in one,and one direction only.

I'd lay off the 'hard stuff Jon.......

11 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

ohhshaun cant find any good word for COD, wonder what he thought of Martin, Baker, Scott, Atkinson

Martin- did well and was semi effective 

Baker- usual “no nonsense” stuff- distribution when heading poor IMO. 

Scott- Lively, looked to be still slightly “safe” but drove forward and got on the ball. 

Atkinson- composed, good on the ball, won his headers well. 

11 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Weird how every manager picks him isn’t it. Maybe he’s just good and you are wrong!

Yup- maybe I am. 
But as others have said, I’ve waited 5 full seasons to see an impact from him, and sadly they’re few and far between- I would love him to “release the shackles” and show me on a match day what all his attributes should display. 

Just now, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Martin- did well and was semi effective 

Baker- usual “no nonsense” stuff- distribution when heading poor IMO. 

Scott- Lively, looked to be still slightly “safe” but drove forward and got on the ball. 

Atkinson- composed, good on the ball, won his headers well. 

Scott did well and winning lots of free kicks. He had a decent game.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Scott did well and winning lots of free kicks. He had a decent game.

Agree that his Grealish like ability to draw a foul is a real asset- especially late on is games. 
I’d like to see Scott and Palmer in the team more to allow them to build some moment and a 4-3-2-1 system although lacking width could help us keep it on the deck, and not be over exposed as you could have James/King/HNM as the 3 at the base. 

Archived