IGNORED

FBC Podcast - we dissect the Blackpool game.... not all doom & gloom?

headhunter

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/it-felt-like-a-defeat-blackpool-h-reviewed/   ; also on Spotify & Google Podcast

Walking out of the ground at 4.55 it felt more like a defeat after the hammer blow of Blackpool's 93rd minute equaliser. City .... they rarely fail to disappoint don't they?!!

In this recording of our post match podcast we discussed both the positive and negative aspects of the game as we saw it.

On the plus side: Baker & Atkinson looked sound & Jay Dasilva showed glimpses of his best form, Alex Scott showed more of his tremendous talent, King & James offered a controlling presence in midfield

The negatives? 11 shots BUT only 2 on target, Weimann lots of endeavour, often chasing lost causes, baffling substitutions and what is the rationale for leaving out our highest wage earners?

Earlier this week an OTIB thread on BCFC Podcasts saw FBC labelled as being overly negative. I don't think that's the case, we just call it as it is.

3 away games in a row - a shock cup exit & nil points will create immense early season pressure.

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

Earlier this week an OTIB thread on BCFC Podcasts saw FBC labelled as being overly negative. I don't think that's the case, we just call it as it is.

3 away games in a row - a shock cup exit & nil points will create immense early season pressure.

Says “We’re not overly negative”.

Then proceeds to give the most negative scenario….

Now, run that negativity by me again ?

On 08/08/2021 at 07:32, headhunter said:

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/it-felt-like-a-defeat-blackpool-h-reviewed/   ; also on Spotify & Google Podcast

Walking out of the ground at 4.55 it felt more like a defeat after the hammer blow of Blackpool's 93rd minute equaliser. City .... they rarely fail to disappoint don't they?!!

In this recording of our post match podcast we discussed both the positive and negative aspects of the game as we saw it.

On the plus side: Baker & Atkinson looked sound & Jay Dasilva showed glimpses of his best form, Alex Scott showed more of his tremendous talent, King & James offered a controlling presence in midfield

The negatives? 11 shots BUT only 2 on target, Weimann lots of endeavour, often chasing lost causes, baffling substitutions and what is the rationale for leaving out our highest wage earners?

We'll get pelters David, but as usual, City were masters of their own downfall. How the hell did we draw that game? Why was Nigel in the stand when his pitchside presence was desperately needed, particularly during the last 10 minutes. Why didn't Wells replace Scott, or Palmer, to kill off the game or run the clock down in injury time?

Some good performances ruined by that equaliser.

We're fair and balanced.

Listen to the podcast and judge for yourself.

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I saw a Blackpool preview with four fans discussing the upcoming fixture at AG. It was with all four guys in what looked like a zoom call but obviously recorded.

Why dont you guys do something similar? 

We all have faces for radio!!!

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I know two of your guys personally……neither of them are shy characters.

Well, get them on the pitch with  megaphones, and they can make announcements instead of the sound system.

On 08/08/2021 at 07:35, Silvio Dante said:

Says “We’re not overly negative”.

Then proceeds to give the most negative scenario….

Now, run that negativity by me again ?

5 minutes in and I'm thinking of calling the Samaritans after listening to that monotone negative Ian. I really couldn't listen to the rest of it. 

Each to their own, and I'm sure many people love the podcast and I'm sure those guys are great supporters of City, but Its not for me.

I'm out.

Listening now.  There are too many views and conversations based on pre-conceived opinions of players rather than what they actually did in the game being reviewed.  Too many start with “I don’t rate x, y, or z….”.  Quite a few contradictions….”play too many long balls” then “we played some lovely stuff into feet”, “controlled possession”, etc.

Do you think that sometimes the personnel dictate some of the style, e.g. if Wells plays a midfielder might look to spring him behind the defence, rather than go into Martin’s feet for example.  Players are intelligent enough (in the main) to adapt based on their teammates.

”we didn’t put enough crosses in”….we put 15 (8th highest in the Champ from round 1) in, we scored from one of them. Atkinson might’ve done better from another, Palmer had one blocked with Weimann in for a tap in.

image.thumb.png.f7312b798e72dce6ea96e365b3a34519.png

I don’t expect to agree with everything / everyone, it’s all about opinions, and I realise (as well as you all) that it’s done live too, so no prep / editing.

Nigel Messi? ???

I still enjoyed listening though.

How can Ian say we didn’t look like scoring v Villa?  

Archived