IGNORED

Supporters Club & Trust Statement: Taking The Knee (Merged)

Redandproud

5 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

So who booed at the taking  the knee, quite a few did, do you think this should end now,

Imagine being away from Ashton Gate for 18 months and one of the first things you do when you see the players is boo them 

luckily it was just a few muppets 

16 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

If the players want to take the knee,  then we should respect their decision.  I for one will clap them when they do. 

No the club told the players to take the knee,it should be optional,, the players should have a choice, personally I think this has gone on long enough, 

I can’t see what it achieves now. What I’d like to see is a team actually walk off and not come back out next time a player is racially abused. Actions speak louder than any strongly condemning press statement ever will. Managers need to take that decision away from the players and make a stand but so far none have been bold enough. They would have my backing even if I’d driven 4 hours to watch the game. 

Before Bristol City's Championship fixture against Blackpool, a minority in attendance booed the players taking the knee. This statement is the Bristol City Supporters Club & Trust’s response, which has also been shared on our Facebook & Twitter pages: http://bristolcitysupporters.org/statement-taking-the-knee

Please feel free to share; and

Just imagine how insecure you must be to be triggered by a group of footballers making a gesture to show that they’re against racism.

Just imagine the mental gymnastics you have to do to justify the booing on the basis that the footballers are Marxist.

Just imagine being proud to live in a country with free speech and then booing when someone invoked theirs in a non violent or aggressive way.

Just imagine. 

Luckily, about 99% of people applauded. But just imagine living in the heads and lives of the booers. It’s got to be exhausting living in such a place.

18 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

No the club told the players to take the knee,it should be optional,, the players should have a choice, personally I think this has gone on long enough, 

If the players wish to do this to highlight racism within the game, then we should wholeheartedly support them.

20 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

By gone ob long enough, do you mean the injustices minorities suffer, or, now that these injustices have been highlighted people who are oppressed should now just man up and get on with it?

There is already a thread on this subject that you could have added this too.

Whilst I applauded personally it was a couple of seconds of quickly drowned about booing by a very small minority - do we really need a fan group preaching to other fans over the actions of a few?

So elitist it’s laughable to me

Archived