IGNORED

Supporters Club & Trust Statement: Taking The Knee (Merged)

Redandproud

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Just out of interest, ignoring views on taking the knee for a second, do you believe that people sending racist tweets to players or going to the ground and shouting racist comments at players are "football fans playing with extreme politics"? Are people entitled to moan at that?

If so, what would you do about that? Do you also see that as a dangerous game or fair game?

1 minute ago, Big C said:

Are you saying that every time someone kneels they are supporting BLM then? 

Of course not, I kneel down when changing the wheel on my car, but the kneeling was adopted by the BLM in support against actions against the American police, it has taken off from there.

Make up another sign if need be against the racism here and we would all follow and accept it. I'm sure in most peoples mind the BLM is the last thing on their mind when kneeling, but to others , it's the symbol of the BLM movement.

19 minutes ago, redcard said:

Taking the knee was resurrected by the BLM in response to the actions of the American Police and the rest of the world followed those actions, or am I being paranoid about that too?? Again a Question!!!

No it wasn't "resurrected" by BLM. BLM is not one group and a lot of the time BLM is just a phrase not linked to anything political.

Taking the knee was resurrected by an American sportsman, not by BLM. 

Bristol City (and England) have explained themselves countless times, if you think they are lying or have been tricked into it, then yes you are paranoid.

8 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It took years but it had to start somewhere and that was with the people who were prepared to take the false accusations of racism on the chin and fly their flags. Only the most brain dead and ignorant would deem someone flying an England flag from their window and car during a sporting tournament as racist. So we now have a situation where footballers are taking the false accusations of marxism on the chin and kneeling in order that others can do it in the future without being subject to that accusation. Am I missing something here?

Perhaps your the one being brain dead and ignorant since you started throwing these accusations, you probably are missing something!

14 minutes ago, TheReds said:

It will forever be linked to BLM the Organisation by many people because it was the reason why it started, there is no getting away from that fact. There were literally full blocks covered with Black Lives Matter flags and messages (in most stadiums) when all of this started, Sky sticking banners up on the screen next to score at intervals during the match, that was all down to the George Floyd killing. Once people started to actually look into the Organisation many started distancing themselves away from it, including the Premier League/EFL/Football Clubs etc etc. They then changed the stance to "it's nothing to do with the Organisation". So regardless of what people say it means now, it will always be linked to the Organisation.

As for players doing it because they all care so much (majority obviously do), I find it odd that many of them simply couldn't be bothered to do it in the Euros to send a powerful message to their own countries. Sort of tells me they are doing it just to toe the line, rather than a personal free choice.

The "organisation", if you can even call it that, is a different thing to what you're describing though.

It's like how you can be a conservative (the outlook), without being a Conservative (the political party).

1 minute ago, redcard said:

Perhaps your the one being brain dead and ignorant since you started throwing these accusations, you probably are missing something!

I would suggest that anyone flying an England flag during a sporting tournament is not being racist by definition and I would also suggest that anyone taking a knee against racism is not a marxist organisation supporter by definition. I agree, that makes me brain dead and ignorant in comparison to your logic on the world. Whatever it is I'm missing don't bother to educate me on it!!

1 hour ago, Redland said:

I go to the football for enjoyment (hopefully) entertainment and recreation. I do not go to watch a party political broadcast on behalf of BLM or indeed any other organisation. It is ridiculous for the players and media  to claim that taking the knee is nothing to do with BLM when the gesture is indelibly linked to that particular organisation. I am sure that the majority of those that boo are not racist but simply do not wish to be associated with the BLM agenda of defunding the police, ending capitalism etc.

Imagine publicly announcing that you don’t posses the basic comprehension skills of a 5 year old. Weird. 

4 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

No it wasn't "resurrected" by BLM. BLM is not one group and a lot of the time BLM is just a phrase not linked to anything political.

Taking the knee was resurrected by an American sportsman, not by BLM. 

Bristol City (and England) have explained themselves countless times, if you think they are lying or have been tricked into it, then yes you are paranoid.

It was started not resurrected by an 'American sportsman' and yes it was resurrected by the BLM, tell thousands of rioters in USA dressed in black with face coverings that BLM is not political!! Look up the meaning of paranoid, not sure where that come from!

23 minutes ago, Yoyo2345 said:

Don't moan if people have an opinion on people taking the knee, if I was there I would of booed. This is football playing with politics a dangerous game.

Do you boo the minutes silence at football games on Remebrance Day? 

12 minutes ago, redcard said:

Of course not, I kneel down when changing the wheel on my car, but the kneeling was adopted by the BLM in support against actions against the American police, it has taken off from there.

Make up another sign if need be against the racism here and we would all follow and accept it. I'm sure in most peoples mind the BLM is the last thing on their mind when kneeling, but to others , it's the symbol of the BLM movement.

So how do we know you're not supporting BLM when you kneel to change the wheel on your car?

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I would suggest that anyone flying an England flag during a sporting tournament is not being racist by definition and I would also suggest that anyone taking a knee against racism is not a marxist organisation supporter by definition. I agree, that makes me brain dead and ignorant in comparison to your logic on the world. Whatever it is I'm missing don't bother to educate me on it!!

Wasn't going too!

4 minutes ago, redcard said:

It was started not resurrected by an 'American sportsman' and yes it was resurrected by the BLM, tell thousands of rioters in USA dressed in black with face coverings that BLM is not political!! Look up the meaning of paranoid, not sure where that come from!

British footballers kneeling against racism in the game has NOTHING to do with what you are describing. If you and the people that boo can’t see that, then, well…..!

Just now, Greedo said:

Imagine publicly announcing that you don’t posses the basic comprehension skills of a 5 year old. Weird. 

At least I am able to offer an explanation as to why a significant number of people boo the taking the knee and it’s Marxist connections. For your part you are only able to offer insults. Says it all really.

1 minute ago, redcard said:

No, it was started in the 60s by the civil rights movement.

Colin Kaepernick then resurrected it.

It has nothing to do with BLM, other than some BLM people may do it. 

People dressed in black and wearing face coverings? Are we policing the colour of people's clothes now? And anybody sensible has worn a face covering for the last year and a half.

As for rioters, some will be political, some won't be. Some will be part of a BLM group, some won't.  None of that has anything to do with footballers taking the knee. 

2 minutes ago, Redland said:

At least I am able to offer an explanation as to why a significant number of people boo the taking the knee and it’s Marxist connections. For your part you are only able to offer insults. Says it all really.

There are no Marxist connections.

The club and players have told you this. Over and over and over again. And you refuse to listen. Says it all really.

2 minutes ago, Greedo said:

Do you boo the minutes silence at football games on Remebrance Day? 

Don't we literally have the armed forces marching out onto the pitch at least once per season? Flags covered in our national flag? Kick it out patches? Recognition of pride month?

What they really mean is keep the politics I don't agree with out of football. Football and politics has been linked and always will be.

27 minutes ago, redcard said:

It took years for the St George cross to become accepted as a patriotic symbol after being used by far right groups, some associations still deem the cross as a symbol of racism. As with the kneeling, people with good reason would still associate it with the BLM. 

It was interesting to notice while watching the recent rerun of the 1966 World Cup Final that the fans were all waving Union Jacks, not a cross of St George in sight.

6 minutes ago, Big C said:

Players knelt fans booed. ergo they booed the players? Clear enough?

You don't know. You cannot. You may want to revisit the Trusts poorly worded statement. It mentions the taking of the knee. Ergo fans can be booing the action. Why? Racism .. Well its a weird type of racism that clocks ins for this kneeling then clocks off to buy expensive season tickets to watch a multi racial team. To malign fans like that is silly.

The Supporters Trust should check their own behaviour that prejudges fellow fans as racists.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Let's face it, any booing was totally drowned out by applause.

Those who boo think they represent the "silent majority" in this country. Events like yesterday, show they are in fact just a dopey minority - and a tiny minority at that. 

The same ‘tiny’ minority that voted for Brexit and repeat years of Tory Governments.

Maybe, a multitude of other reasons for their votes but put to the ballot I strongly suspect it’s a sizeable minority, if not a majority. 

Would be useful if all sides sat down - condemned their extreme racists/religious nutters on all sides - and had a full and frank, open discussions out this Country and how we can unify around a common set of principles and values. Too hard for most so they just go around screaming and gesturing at each other and the divides widen.

Always thought this Country was lions led by donkeys. Now think donkeys led by donkeys.

2 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

There are no Marxist connections.

The club and players have told you this. Over and over and over again. And you refuse to listen. Says it all really.

Would be pretty stunned if anyone booing could even give a decent description of what Marxism is personally.

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

It was interesting to notice while watching the recent rerun of the 1966 World Cup Final that the fans were all waving Union Jacks, not a cross of St George in sight.

Yeah you were allowed to wave and fly flags back then

without some snowflake being offended 

1 minute ago, RedRock said:

The same ‘tiny’ minority that voted for Brexit and repeat years of Tory Governments.

Maybe, a multitude of other reasons for their votes but put to the ballot I strongly suspect it’s a sizeable minority, if not a majority. 

Interesting that you think the same people that voted Brexit & Tory are those that boo anti-racism gestures.....

1 minute ago, Cowshed said:

You don't know. You cannot. You may want to revisit the Trusts poorly worded statement. It mentions the taking of the knee. Ergo fans can be booing the action. Why? Racism .. Well its a weird type of racism that clocks ins for this kneeling then clocks off to buy expensive season tickets to watch a multi racial team. To malign fans like that is silly.

The Supporters Trust should check their own behaviour that prejudges fellow fans as racists.

So kneeling is now a booable offence? Should make these events interesting in future 

Image result for Queen KnightingImage result for kneeling in church

1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

Would be pretty stunned if anyone booing could even give a decent description of what Marxism is personally.

Gonna be honest I've read what it means a few times and still don't fully understand it. Probably because it's been thrown around a lot recently followed with others not understanding it. 

It sounds like an spectrum of concepts that can be made up on the spot. 

3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Those were the days we had the support of the Welsh and Scots behind us!! ?

Archived