IGNORED

Attendance

bs3

1 hour ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Bingo on the ‘but do they count the season tickets sold but not in actual attendance’ comment. 

Unlikely anyone would say that, everyone surely knows by now that STH's are counted whether they actually turn up or not.

Decent attendance and thoroughly enjoyed being back inside AG again. 

I found the atmosphere a little strange though, not quite as euphoric as I was maybe expecting.  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't terrible but I was perhaps expecting something a little more upbeat given the circumstances.

It felt like there was almost a collective nervousness, perhaps coupled with a hangover from last season, which left people with a sense of not knowing quite what to expect which could have contributed I guess.

Also, I'll still never understand the mass exodus on 85mins, even less so after so long without being able to attend games. Just bizarre if you ask me.

Still, great to be back though. 

COYR.

9 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Atmosphere was poor I thought , why go and not cheer your team on I never understand people attend and sit on their hands ,show some passion 

Compared to other clubs so many of our fans just sit down all game . Can understand if older but so many in 20s or 30s just sat down with an occasional clap it’s unreal 

26 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Atmosphere was poor I thought , why go and not cheer your team on I never understand people attend and sit on their hands ,show some passion 

Some people just aren’t noisy extroverts. Doesn’t make them bad supporters.

51 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

15-16k yesterday I expect in reality, once factoring in season tickets being included no matter what.

Somewhere between 1,000-1,500 from Blackpool I believe.

Fair play to them that really is a tough trip down the m5 in august

1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

I’m a sitter and watcher I’m afraid.  I do shout at the ref and cheating goalkeepers, and sometimes join in with the songs, but I’m definitely not a singer.

I get more frustrated by the two guys who sit just down from me who spend all their time on their phones….probably texting each other.  They don’t even watch the game.

I’m grateful to those who do create the atmosphere.

18 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

3rd highest attendance in Championship yesterday, behind Sheff Utd (29k) and Stoke (300 more than us) = pretty good I’d say ?

When I saw the attendance yesterday I was a little disappointed, I thought we should be having over 20k for our first game back in 500 days but in context it actually looks like a good crowd then

16 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

15-16k yesterday I expect in reality, once factoring in season tickets being included no matter what.

Somewhere between 1,000-1,500 from Blackpool I believe.

Thought they made some good noise actually.

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

When I saw the attendance yesterday I was a little disappointed, I thought we should be having over 20k for our first game back in 500 days but in context it actually looks like a good crowd then

Concerns about Covid. I know of two older guys who’ve decided not renew because both of their wives are considered vulnerable.

18 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

City 18,739

Blackburn 10,260

Cardiff 17,431

Luton 10,019

PNE 12,452

Stoke 19,068

Sheff. Utd 29,043

Derby 16,000 (?)

QPR 16,100

Fulham 16,058

Coventry ?

Blackburn and Luton attendances seem really poor for 2 teams widely tipped to do well this season 

18 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

City 18,739

Blackburn 10,260

Cardiff 17,431

Luton 10,019

PNE 12,452

Stoke 19,068

Sheff. Utd 29,043

Derby 16,000 (?)

QPR 16,100

Fulham 16,058

Coventry ?

Blackburn and Luton attendances seem really poor for 2 teams widely tipped to do well this season 

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Concerns about Covid. I know of two older guys who’ve decided not renew because both of their wives are considered vulnerable.

Personally think the club should be doing something to ensure a level of safety for fans, but that's another discussion.

20 minutes ago, Bernard Lerring said:

image.png.5bb8c8f557617bda3ac585e1fa4201d0.png
Scandalous ?

We just have many more fans than the majority of these clubs that the football world deem to be bigger than us. I also thought Coventry's was pretty bad for their 'homecoming' and a fairly local derby although it was on Sky.

The only attendance significantly down on before is Derby due to their current predicament.

5 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

The only attendance significantly down on before is Derby due to their current predicament.

You'd think their fans would get behind their poor little club while it's being victimised by the evil EFL.

A rousing chorus of

Trialist A

He's one of our own!

might lift the team.

26 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

We just have many more fans than the majority of these clubs that the football world deem to be bigger than us. I also thought Coventry's was pretty bad for their 'homecoming' and a fairly local derby although it was on Sky.

The Coventry crowd was also boosted by about 4000 Forest fans I believe. 

Probably the ‘smallest’ collection of clubs in the championship for quite a while this season, some big teams in league one and a few now in the prem who usually prop up attendances. Coupled with covid worries it should be a slightly lower attendance average than normal across the league. Those tend to end up being my favourite seasons anyway. 

Archived