IGNORED

Geoff's interview with Steve Lansdown

Midlands Robin

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Apologies if missing something obvious, but where was this confirmed?

It's not mate. It was more of a question really. Steve Lansdown in his recent Radio Bristol interview, when talking about naming a stand for Terry Cooper says that Ashton Gate has two named stands, the Atyeo and the Lansdown. 

It may well have been a mistake but it does seem odd that our owner didn't recognise the Dolman Stand. 

I thought I may have missed something myself.

20 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

It's not mate. It was more of a question really. Steve Lansdown in his recent Radio Bristol interview, when talking about naming a stand for Terry Cooper says that Ashton Gate has two named stands, the Atyeo and the Lansdown. 

It may well have been a mistake but it does seem odd that our owner didn't recognise the Dolman Stand. 

I thought I may have missed something myself.

Nothing lasts forever. The names of Des Williams and Billy Wedlock have been lost as stand names. No doubt Harry Dolman and John Atyeo will go the same way in time, although wouldn't have thought so while Marina's still around. Seems clear to me that the Bears are now a factor - Ashton Gate is no longer just Bristol City's ground.

Bristol Sport Football Division 'til I die.

58 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Nothing lasts forever. The names of Des Williams and Billy Wedlock have been lost as stand names. No doubt Harry Dolman and John Atyeo will go the same way in time, although wouldn't have thought so while Marina's still around. Seems clear to me that the Bears are now a factor - Ashton Gate is no longer just Bristol City's ground.

Bristol Sport Football Division 'til I die.

Thank goodness it's still Ashton Gate. Selling off the naming rights would be a very easy deal to do for a 7-figure sum, you'd have thought. 

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Thank goodness it's still Ashton Gate. Selling off the naming rights would be a very easy deal to do for a 7-figure sum, you'd have thought. 

Surely a matter of time. I'm amazed it hasn't happened yet 

Don’t see why the Bears and the football need to call the stand the same thing. In fact in their rebranding documentation they renamed the South Stand the ‘Bear Pit’ (bit cringe) so if we call the South Stand one thing there’s no obligation for the Bears to do the same 

E7DB7CB1-61A4-4504-BCD0-6A2D6CF60EB1.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dredd said:

Don’t see why the Bears and the football need to call the stand the same thing. In fact in their rebranding documentation they renamed the South Stand the ‘Bear Pit’ (bit cringe) so if we call the South Stand one thing there’s no obligation for the Bears to do the same 

The whole name 'Bristol Bears' is the most cringe name, bit like the new badge of ours (I still hate it) just has zero identity to Bristol City for me.

16 minutes ago, 2015 said:

The whole name 'Bristol Bears' is the most cringe name, bit like the new badge of ours (I still hate it) just has zero identity to Bristol City for me.

Agreed.Maybe Bristol Badgers? Or Bristol Babbers.... Having seen a few of our badges btw I've gotta say I really like the new one. Very simple and clean looking. Have a look at Blackpool's....

17 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

The bears shouldn’t have a say in any stand names , taking city of the dolman was just the start

It's all down to what the owner thinks - evidently he no longer regards Ashton Gate as city's ground.

I think we'll rename the training ground to "The Terry Cooper HPC" or something similar. Given that he always desired a fantastic training ground (but never got it) I think that would be fitting.

Either that, or borrow from the Importance of Being Earnest (don't worry I've only ever seen the film): "Well, at the football I am The Terry Cooper Stand, and the (or insert whosever name they want) Stand at the rugby."

Archived