IGNORED

Embarrassing names for grounds

Hampshire Red

13 minutes ago, InCyder said:

Wasn't there a Stadium in Austria named after Schwarzenegger at one point? I vaguely recall some faffing about having his named removed some years ago. 

SK Sturm Graz and Grazer AK in Austria.  He asked for his name to be taken off the stadium when he was Governor of California to spare the concern of the locals after he refused to grant clemency to Stanley Tookie Williams.  Austria are dead set against the death penalty and a petition had been set up asking for the removal but he jumped in before it received enough signatures to say "Ja, mach das".

1 hour ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

In terms of UK stadiums the Tony Macaroni stadium is probably the weirdest and best. 

Cheltenham play at the Jonny-Rocks stadium how can we forget Mike Ashley's Sports Direct Arena 

? I was going to mention the Jonny-Rocks!!!!

I keep getting a vision of that blonde stupidly disproportioned cartoon character bloke with shades that my kids used to watch on the Cartoon Network back in the mid 1990s; Jonny Bravo

Jonny Bravo.png

16 hours ago, Red white and red said:

Didn’t Wimbledon play at the cherry red records stadium?… doesn’t really smack of football ground to me. 

There's a Cherry Red Records Stand at the new Plough Lane ground as well.

They were shirt sponsors at Wycombe Wanderers for some time too. 

Archived