IGNORED

Carabao Cup Matchday No. 1 - Forest Green Rovers v. Bristol City

Short trip up to Gloucestershire tonight for our first ever competitive game v. FGR. 

Presumably the XI will see a few changes from Saturday with the opportunity to rotate a few players to keep it fresh. Kalas, surely, must start? As we know, a decent run in the league cup can do wonders for you if you can negotiate the early rounds successfully. 

As it seems that the only way to keep up-to-date with the action from your armchair is Radio Bristol on the actual wireless (no TV coverage or internet radio) it's 94.9FM for me later, proper old skool. 

FGR certainly feel like a club on the rise. They won on saturday and will surely challenge for the playoffs again this season? They're never short of publicity with Dale Vince as the owner. 

I think it could be close. But we will prevail. 3-2 away win. 

• Like 3

Not overly bothered about the early rounds of this competition but I am expecting us to win.  Whilst a cup run can boost morale, it can also increase injuries and fatigue in our players and can affect league performance either way, so has as many pros as cons.

Still, we can all remember knocking Jose Mourinho's massive Man Utd out of the cup not too long ago and what a special night to remember. Such a shame we had to sell that team.

38 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Short trip up to Gloucestershire tonight for our first ever competitive game v. FGR. 

Presumably the XI will see a few changes from Saturday with the opportunity to rotate a few players to keep it fresh. Kalas, surely, must start? As we know, a decent run in the league cup can do wonders for you if you can negotiate the early rounds successfully. 

As it seems that the only way to keep up-to-date with the action from your armchair is Radio Bristol on the actual wireless (no TV coverage or internet radio) it's 94.9FM for me later, proper old skool. 

FGR certainly feel like a club on the rise. They won on saturday and will surely challenge for the playoffs again this season? They're never short of publicity with Dale Vince as the owner. 

I think it could be close. But we will prevail. 3-2 away win. 

Isn't it sad that we are not even talking about the prospect of hammering a div 2 team and we recon it could be close. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Shelton’s Love Gravy said:

Anyone else going to smuggle in a meat pie? 

Or something else suitably carnivorous?

Eat Flesh! ??

Not vegan, but I guarantee the food there is 100x better than any meat pastry served at the gate now and in the past 

Get stuck in 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

I’m told the food there is delicious. Lots of away fans go there who only eat meat and are pleasantly surprised. 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Not vegan, but I guarantee the food there is 100x better than any meat pastry served at the gate now and in the past 

Get stuck in 

Expecting the food reviews to be more interesting than the match ?

• Like 3

As always (honestly) looking forward to this especially as it’s an opportunity for numerous squad players to impress and stake a claim. Hope MO’L, DS, TK, TM, TB, JW HNM and NW all start. I know that’s eight changes but would hope they are all in contention for a place in the first team.

This is probably the most keen I've been on us winning in CCR1. In recent seasons I've had delusions of a promotion charge and I only cared about league form but this season being transitional and mid-table being very acceptable, a cup run would be nice for entertainment and money into the club. Hoping tonight for some good performances from youngsters/fringe players, and a goal for Conway or Bell.  

2 hours ago, Mike Stone said:

A vile chairman who is moving a football club away from its community. Telling people how green he is and then expecting people to travel to JCT 13 of the M5 to watch their team play.

The same chairman who says he wears what clothing he wants and nobody will tell him any different but expects people to eat the food he tells them to eat, bloody hypocrite.

Forest Green Rovers just a marketing tool for Ecotricity and Stale Mince.

Yes your right I dont like him.

Seemingly the majority of their fans think he's a great owner.

Don't worry a vegan pie isn't as scary as you think it is

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Mike Stone said:

A vile chairman who is moving a football club away from its community. Telling people how green he is and then expecting people to travel to JCT 13 of the M5 to watch their team play.

The same chairman who says he wears what clothing he wants and nobody will tell him any different but expects people to eat the food he tells them to eat, bloody hypocrite.

Forest Green Rovers just a marketing tool for Ecotricity and Stale Mince.

Yes your right I dont like him.

I have met him via a acedemy side playing v FGR and Mr Vince welcomed the players, coaches and parents to FGR.  

Mr Vince also conducted a Q&A session with staff for visitors. He was polite and humble. One of the topics they covered was nutrition. They do not tell people what to eat. They outlined the benefits of vegan food. The health benefits are obvious. Their U teams certainly are not vegan .

Mr Vinces marketing tool has a expanding academy beyond normal expecations v the size of FGR and is investing in development centres for kids ... Hardly a club with its heart in the wrong place. 

Preferred their old kit v that green striped mutant thing.

• Like 5