IGNORED

Carabao Cup Matchday No. 1 - Forest Green Rovers v. Bristol City

I have many questions.

1. Has Nagy withdrawn his "indication he wants to leave"?
  2. Wonder how Kalas feels about playing but Wells being giving the captaincy?
  3. Will Massengo play further up the pitch as part of the "3" in the 4231?

Having said that, it's good to see Pring and Janneh getting minutes, I quite like that as a League Cup 1st round team.

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Indeed, it is unfortunate how some people can deride others for their preferences, even when these are not actually being forced upon them.

I am a confirmed carnivore; I love a nice rare steak, a tender lamb rack etc., but my wife makes a wonderful lentil soup and a carrot and raisin salad with homemade coleslaw.

I enjoy them all: where is the problem?

That's what i call a balanced outlook, I don't like meat or dairy produce and the long term effects it is having on our planet, but if you wish to eat meat it''s a free country, and I have no right to judge your choices, even if i disagree with them.  Enjoy the match Ha!.

• Thanks 1
Just now, richyy66 said:

Why would you start someone who wants to leave the club and put Bakinson on the bench. Seems odd to me.

Shop window, or NP might think he will be difficult to shift at the right money, so would rather make use of him.  Guesswork from me.  Not everything is so black and white is it?

Just now, JonDolman said:

I reckon Massengo in behind Wells. Bell has been playing left in preseason and on Saturday. Had a really good game off the bench against Villa. I am sure Nige will want to watch him more closely in that position tonight.

Janneh looked good on the wing too in a couple of preseason games so I expect him to be on the right.

Such a shame there is no way of watching it! Would have loved to have seen this team play tonight. Nice weather for it, wish i'd gone now.

I’d like to see Massengo central, with The two youngsters (???) wide.

• Like 1

Anyone know whether Edwards and Pearson are injured? A bit Surprised that one isn’t included tonight. 

Not a lot of width in this side and if Jenna and Bell go wide, Wells will be isolated. 
Simpson isn’t going to be bombing on from fullback. 

I still feel this squad is better set for 352. 

Edited by Mendip City
1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I reckon Massengo in behind Wells. Bell has been playing left in preseason and on Saturday. Had a really good game off the bench against Villa. I am sure Nige will want to watch him more closely in that position tonight.

Janneh looked good on the wing too in a couple of preseason games so I expect him to be on the right.

Such a shame there is no way of watching it! Would have loved to have seen this team play tonight. Nice weather for it, wish i'd gone now.

That's what I'd expect if he does play further forward. I believe that is roughly how he has been used in the past for France U21s.

Guess we have to hope for a win and a decent, attractive-to-TV-companies, draw in round 2.

Just now, Davefevs said:

I’d like to see Massengo central, with The two youngsters (???) wide.

Yeh, it's a very young '3' behind Wells if this is the case. Williams is only 23 or so as well isn't he?

11 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

Surprised Kalas is not captain. 

I really don't believe its any kind of sleight, the general opinion seemed to be it was an unnecessary distraction to his performances, so that's probably why?   I think too much emphasis is put on captaincy, the most vocal players will always make themselves  heard,    whoever they are? 

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 2