IGNORED

Carabao Cup Matchday No. 1 - Forest Green Rovers v. Bristol City

1 minute ago, phil_clevedon said:

Shows the squad has decent strength in depth if we can make 11 changes and still field a side that could compete in a Championship game. 

Do you reckon they could? Against a side like Fulham or Bournemouth? Respect your opinion but if that was our day-to-day League XI I think we'd be bothering the bottom 6 places far more frequently than people would like.

Just now, JonDolman said:

Yeah I think it is where France have generally played him. He has rarely played there for us. The odd sub appearance maybe to help see out the game, and he did start there away at Wycombe last season.

Yeh I knew we'd seen him there for us on a rare occasion. 

8 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

He would have obviously had a conversation with him prior to announcing the team, cmon surely you can’t be that dim.

Oh tomas, i know you carried the team on your back last season when i couldnt motivate anyone to bother trying, and i know you kicked arse in the euros, but you arent captain anymore,,, that guy wells over there, who couldnt be bothered playing on the wing, i think he would make a better captain than you, hope thats ok.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

This is a shop window game…. I reckon. Question is, who’s in the window? 

Nagy - definitely 

Kalas - probably

Moore - probably (subject to Kalas)

Massengo - maybe? 

Wells - maybe?

slightly surprised Palmer and Bakinson aren’t starting… I don’t think NP would lose too much sleep about losing either. 

Edited by Mendip City
8 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Probably had the conversation long before now.

Perhaps Kalas didn't want the captaincy this season?

Exactly my thoughts 

3 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Oh tomas, i know you carried the team on your back last season when i couldnt motivate anyone to bother trying, and i know you kicked arse in the euros, but you arent captain anymore,,, that guy wells over there, who couldnt be bothered playing on the wing, i think he would make a better captain than you, hope thats ok.

He’s not captain material sunshine, everyone can see it. Good call from Pearson. Rubbish call from Holden for giving it to him in the first place, quite frankly.

Edited by RedEyez
  • Like 5
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, Super said:

Where did it actually come from that he wanted to leave?

The mouth of the saviour himself. Post-Blackpool.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-manager-nigel-pearson-5756604

When asked as to whether the decision to leave him out was related to injury or a tactical decision, Pearson said : "Adam Nagy is fine."

The City manager then added: "But he has expressed a wish to leave and it’s more important to play players that want to be here."

Pearson said Nagy had expressed his desire to leave "privately" and confirmed the club are yet to receive any bids for the former Bologna midfielder who's under contract until next summer.

Edited by ExiledAjax
1 minute ago, Super said:

Where did it actually come from that he wanted to leave?

When asked as to whether the decision to leave him out was related to injury or a tactical decision, Pearson said : "Adam Nagy is fine."

The City manager then added: "But he has expressed a wish to leave and it’s more important to play players that want to be here."

Pearson said Nagy had expressed his desire to leave "privately" and confirmed the club are yet to receive any bids for the former Bologna midfielder who's under contract until next summer.

3 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Carried the team, your having a laugh, he was as bad as the rest

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Early contender for “Post of The Season with Fewest Actual Truths and the Most Completely Baseless Statements”

Such few words and minimal use of sentences, and yet a work of infinite fantasy.

Good effort.

Edited by TomThumb84
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Exactly my thoughts 

He’s not captain material sunshine, everyone can see it. Good call from Pearson. Rubbish call from Holden for giving it to him in the first place, quite frankly.

Expect Kalas will play and talk the same way regardless of whether he is captain or not. Can't really see it being that much of a problem for him ,either.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Indeed, it is unfortunate how some people can deride others for their preferences, even when these are not actually being forced upon them.

I am a confirmed carnivore; I love a nice rare steak, a tender lamb rack etc., but my wife makes a wonderful lentil soup and a carrot and raisin salad with homemade coleslaw.

I enjoy them all: where is the problem?

Joking apart with tongue firmly out of cheek, I am exactly the same.

I grow my own veg and love cooking Indian veggie dishes. If there is any country in the world that has truly mastered the art of cooking without meat it is India.

However if I was sitting on Death Row, a mere two hours away from being electrocuted through my testicles, my final hurrah simply could not be anything other than a large, rare dripping bleeding steak ??

Flesh is Best! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Big C said:

When asked as to whether the decision to leave him out was related to injury or a tactical decision, Pearson said : "Adam Nagy is fine."

good the players can trust the manager to keep something private... private.  Bad form from Pearson, how do other players trust him now?

Edited by TRL

Nagy playing is a very interesting one.

Is it to be in the shop window? (most likely)

Clearly he hasn't thrown his toys out the pram, as he wouldnt' get selected?

If no offers, would he be in the equation for the rest of the season?

Has something changed since Saturday? (I don't think so, but Nige's comments do seem to contradict selection this eve)

7 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Early contender for “Post of The Season with Fewest Actual Truths and Most Completely Baseless Statements”

Such few words and minimal use of sentences, and yet a work of infinite fantasy.

Good effort.

I could quote some of pearsons interviews to you if you want to see some actual fewest truths and baseless comments if you like.

10 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

slightly surprised Palmer and Bakinson aren’t starting… I don’t think NP would lose too much sleep about losing either. 

The same Palmer who has been in virtually every squad since NP came along and played in nearly every friendly?

The same Palmer who is fitter and has been flying into sliding tackles and was complimented on his attitude by NP just this week?

Some fans need to try opening their eyes - I don’t see him going anywhere this season.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
15 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah I think it is where France have generally played him. He has rarely played there for us. The odd sub appearance maybe to help see out the game, and he did start there away at Wycombe last season.

played mostly left side of diamond from someone I know who has spoken to him.  Did play at the tip too, but predominantly left of diamond.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

This is a shop window game…. I reckon. Question is, who’s in the window? 

Nagy - definitely 

Kalas - probably

Moore - probably (subject to Kalas)

Massengo - maybe? 

Wells - maybe?

Have you read this? 

Edited by RedEyez
  • Flames 1
Just now, Simon bristol said:

I could quote some of pearsons interviews to you if you want to see some actual fewest truths and baseless comments if you like.

No its ok thank you. I would rather see how we go this season and get behind him.

Plus it would be wasted as I am not the worlds biggest Kalas fan, and I actually think Wells is under-appreciated, under-used, and wasted by not being played up top. I fully endorse tonights captaincy selection.