IGNORED

Carabao Cup Matchday No. 1 - Forest Green Rovers v. Bristol City

Just now, The Original OTIB said:

Without being overly dramatic, there is a losers mentality. It is a mental thing, it needs addressing.

Been here for decades.

We’ve had loads of opportunities since the mid eighties amd not once did we back ourselves properly. We simply felt the zenith was simply getting back to division 2

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

The parallels between watching england and city are clear,,, if theres a way to **** it up, both will find it.

I'm not sure there are many parallels between in the last 3 years World Cup semi finalists, Nations League semi finalists and Euros runners up and the nonsense representing this club each week tbh. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Without being overly dramatic, there is a losers mentality. It is a mental thing, it needs addressing.

This is what kind of worries me a bit. Ok I thought performance was fine on Saturday, but to now concede late goals in 2 successive games - it screams of poor mentality

In the last 30 years City usually only get five or six years in the second tier before the club gets relegated and has to re-set. We wasted four years under Johnson selling all our best players and wasting the money on bad signings, and now a South exit from the Championship is looking more likely than a North exit. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Agree 100%. There was a lot of dross here and rot had set in. Still going to take more time but players need to toughen up and quick. A team that was just promoted from L1 and a L2 side. Doesn’t bode well. 

1 minute ago, Marco the red said:

Our reserve team lost on pens seriously get a grip everyone.

"Our reserve team"  - featuring our most expensive player and two players who featured for their countries in the Euros.

The fact that an academy player getting his first start was our best performer is deeply concerning.

The team we put out there probably cost 30 times more than the whole FGR squad.

We should have pissed it. That we didn't is worrying.

• Like 2

I can’t believe people are saying that because we lost to FGR in the Mickey Mouse Cup we’re going to get relegated and Pearson has failed. 

Yes it’s a shit performance and Saturday was shit too, but there’s 45 matches to go and no one was expecting immediate success and promotion were they?

If anyone can convert this lot into challengers it’s Pearson, he’s done it before. Unlike Johnson, Cotterill, SOD, McInness..

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Blackpool were probably the worst team we've played in the championship. 

We still couldn't win..! 

Agree the result was frustrating, but look at the performance. It was the first time in forever that we've created multiple good chances and have deserved to win a game. Shame to drop the points, but a clear improvement on last season IMO.

(and I'll certainly agree that Blackpool are the worst team we've played in the Championship this season ?)

• Like 1