IGNORED

Carabao Cup Matchday No. 1 - Forest Green Rovers v. Bristol City

1 minute ago, Lympsham Red said:

I can’t believe people are saying that because we lost to FGR in the Mickey Mouse Cup we’re going to get relegated and Pearson has failed. 

Yes it’s a shit performance and Saturday was shit too, but there’s 45 matches to go and no one was expecting immediate success and promotion were they?

If anyone can convert this lot into challengers it’s Pearson, he’s done it before. Unlike Johnson, Cotterill, SOD, McInness..

Agree just some perspective please, and Saturday wasn’t shit , big improvement from last year, shit late goal but not performance 

• Like 7
1 minute ago, Marco the red said:

Our reserve team lost on pens seriously get a grip everyone.

Get a grip of what, exactly? I agree that we have to try and get behind the team and no one likes fair weather fans, but this club hasn’t won in 5 months, whoever plays. I’ve worked and slept in my loft for the last 18 months. We could all do with a break but currently all being a City fan is doing is making me angry and miserable twice a week. Every week. I don’t think that plugging away and relying on character and spirit is going to cut it. NP needs players and he needs them fast. Sacking him in February because the Landsdown’s ‘can’t contemplate relegation’ is really not acceptable.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Lympsham Red said:

I can’t believe people are saying that because we lost to FGR in the Mickey Mouse Cup we’re going to get relegated and Pearson has failed. 

Yes it’s a shit performance and Saturday was shit too, but there’s 45 matches to go and no one was expecting immediate success and promotion were they?

If anyone can convert this lot into challengers it’s Pearson, he’s done it before. Unlike Johnson, Cotterill, SOD, McInness..

You’re new here, aren’t you? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The meltdown I’ve seen on social media is pathetic. Is it news to people that we have a poor squad that have picked up some terrible habits from Lee Johnson and subsequently Holden? This rubbish is not an overnight fix, we all know we lack goals and we are still trying to assert some defensive discipline into the side. Why is it a shock to then struggle to create chances and lose focus at the end of a match?

I’d like to have seen more progress on seeing out games and creating chances, but they’re issues that have plagued this squad for the last 18 months- 2 years. These will take time and money, the latter of which we don’t have, to fix. I’m not saying Pearson has been perfect or that these results have been acceptable, but **** me some people need to give their heads a wobble. This is the start of a long rebuild, accept the situation and have some patience.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 2

I get we are all disappointed, but come rain or shine we need to back this team, manager and just have a bit of faith. 

We survived watching our annual losing streaks before but you can see glimpses of change.. we have had it worse. Last season we had games where we barely had a shot.

Lets not throw players, managers etc under the bus.. it's two games. The season is a marathon not a sprint.

Everyone has an opinion, but come on we have had such a long time away from the game, Stay positive

We wanted change we got it, we wanted better medical people we got it. Things will take time.

If we now all went on social media ranting how is that going to help the mentality of these players.

Let's get behind this team 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1
1 minute ago, KegCity said:

The meltdown I’ve seen on social media is pathetic. Is it news to people that we have a poor squad that have picked up some terrible habits from Lee Johnson and subsequently Holden? This rubbish is not an overnight fix, we all know we lack goals and we are still trying to assert some defensive discipline into the side. Why is it a shock to then struggle to create chances and lose focus at the end of a match?

I’d like to have seen more progress on seeing out games and creating chances, but they’re issues that have plagued this squad for the last 18 months- 2 years. These will take time and money, the latter of which we don’t have, to fix. I’m not saying Pearson has been perfect or that these results have been acceptable, but **** me some people need to give their heads a wobble. This is the start of a long rebuild, accept the situation and have some patience.

Other new managers come in and at least stop the rot and get the players into the right mindset......then they start the rebuild.

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

We've just lost to a vegan village who's population you could fit in the Dolman Stand. 

What a time to be alive. 

Nowt wrong with being vegan. The bunch of beef curtains we had out tonight on the pitch, on the other hand…

Was trying to follow the shootout on BBC live text - which is like trying to thread a needle in the dark - and it initially said Pring scored his pen making it 6-6. Then changed it.

Hey Ho it’s “only” the EFL” cup but conceding two injury-time goals in our opening two fixtures is extremely concerning. 

Going to have our work cut out for us at Boro.

1 minute ago, KegCity said:

Lets just hope that somewhere along the line of the rebuild we find three worse sides than us in the Champ.

It's not looking very likely at the moment...

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Poset Red said:

Purchased a season ticket at the last moment with the hope this season may be ok, couldn’t go Saturday as I was isolating so listened on radio Bristol as I did tonight. Can’t help but think I may have wasted my money, I know it’s knee jerk but I’m absolutely gutted!!

After the last 18 months, gone are the days when I lose sleep over Bristol City 

• Like 5