IGNORED

Carabao Cup Matchday No. 1 - Forest Green Rovers v. Bristol City

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

Other new managers come in and at least stop the rot and get the players into the right mindset......then they start the rebuild.

“The rot” has been significantly reduced as we saw against Blackpool. Are we suddenly able to see out a game, something we’ve been unable to do since Lee Johnson’s time? No. That’s certainly an issue, but when we’re still playing the same morons who’ve bottled matches for the last two years it’s hardly a shock is it?

2 minutes ago, KegCity said:

The meltdown I’ve seen on social media is pathetic. Is it news to people that we have a poor squad that have picked up some terrible habits from Lee Johnson and subsequently Holden? This rubbish is not an overnight fix, we all know we lack goals and we are still trying to assert some defensive discipline into the side. Why is it a shock to then struggle to create chances and lose focus at the end of a match?

I’d like to have seen more progress on seeing out games and creating chances, but they’re issues that have plagued this squad for the last 18 months- 2 years. These will take time and money, the latter of which we don’t have, to fix. I’m not saying Pearson has been perfect or that these results have been acceptable, but **** me some people need to give their heads a wobble. This is the start of a long rebuild, accept the situation and have some patience.

This rebuild may well be in league one hopefully not we got a point of a very poor Blackpool Pearson played for a 1-0 when we should of tried to kill the game off 

5 minutes ago, The Gambler said:

Bunch of bed wetters on here.

2 games in. 2 games we should have won.

Reckon we will win at Boro at the weekend and be in the top 6.

OMG, wouldn't that be just brilliant.  Mind you, I'm sure they'll find something else to be very concerned and worried about.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

I’m not saying Pearson has been perfect 

4 minutes ago, KegCity said:

I’m not saying Pearson has been perfect 

Until he gets his a*se out the stand & into the players faces, even though he (correctly) doesn't rate those Johnson left in his wake, I'm not for giving him the benefit of the doubt. He's there to manage. He's not doing that in the public arena, why the hell should I assume he's doing so in private?

• Like 1

its all pretty crap and cant see an end to it we are just weak in all positions whichever players we put on the pitch, there is a lack of confidence and fragility to us that just wont go away. when was the last time we played a game and won comfortably...? I know its only 2 games but was hoping NP would of sorted out the fragile team and instilled a bit of confidence in the team but it just don't seem any better... 

Hopeful things will improve but still seems a lot of work to do much of it on the mentality as much as the actual football on the pitch.... really don't want it to be a long negative season..

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Agree just some perspective please, and Saturday wasn’t shit , big improvement from last year, shit late goal but not performance 

I'm sorry to say it, but we are going nowhere quickly. As i've got older i try to look at things in a balanced way but there is no doubting that we are a below average side (again) and this will be another season of struggle.

In years gone by we've always had a couple of decent players in the squad, however this is as average as i can ever remember. 

I would be very surprised if we get anything at The Riverside on Saturday and the pressure will be on Nige and the squad already.

6 minutes ago, KegCity said:

The meltdown I’ve seen on social media is pathetic. Is it news to people that we have a poor squad that have picked up some terrible habits from Lee Johnson

Er, in his first full season here he took us to the semi-finals of the tournament we just were dumped out of by a 4th tier club.  Not sure we ever lost a competitive match to a 4th Tier club under LJ?

They crammed us in to the away stand like sardines whilst the rest of the ground was half full.  Dont worry about a global pandemic eh FGR !! 

Overall, it was a very poor display especially given the opposition.  Yes, they were in our faces in the first 30 minutes but we are surely better than long balls to Wells?!  Time and time again Kalas and Simpson smashed it long.  It look Pring to show a bit of composure to bring it out from the back.  Wells was completely isolated in a 4-3-3 with Nagy holding and the first half just didnt work at all.  I am loathed to criticise effort but it looked like a few didnt want to be there.

Second half, we moved Nagy up closer to Wells and it worked a fair bit better.  The long balls were reduced and we tried to play through midfield a lot more.  Bakinson bought some much needed composure and Janneh was a handful for them.  One word I would highlight is composure.  Hardly any player showed it today whereas they seemed a lot calmer on the ball.  Obviously its a terrible end to the game and another lead has been lost.  But as importantly, there was no player tonight (Janneh aside) who can be banging down Pearson's door tomorrow to ask to be picked on Saturday

O'Leary - 7 - not at fault for anything and dealt with most things well

Simpson - 5 - offered little going forward and distribution average

Pring - 7 - composure, got forward, good display

Kalas - 6 - was bullied by Matt in the first half but grew into the game

Moore - 6 - see above

Nagy - 6 - ran around a lot but did nothing on the ball

Williams - 4 - poor in possession with many misplaced passes

Massengo - 6 - very quick with the press over 5 yards.  Offered something with the ball at least but pretty limited

Bell - 5 - tried his best but nothing came off for him

Janneh - 8 - very raw but effective tonight.  Often had 2 men on him

Wells - 5 - felt for him a bit as chasing long balls isnt his game.  

Bakinson - 7- finally a bit of composure!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, SouthS22 said:

We can only dream about having Lee Johnson back at this point. At least we did occasionally win games then. Even Holden was better than this 

Come on it was dire under Holden. Unless i was watching something else?!

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I’m not saying Pearson has been perfect 

Until he gets his a*se out the stand & into the players faces, even though he (correctly) doesn't rate those Johnson left in his wake, I'm not for giving him the benefit of the doubt. He's there to manage. He's not doing that in the public arena, why the hell should I assume he's doing so in private?

So if Pearson was shouting on the sideline and nothing actually changed on the pitch, that would be enough for you as you personally could see him “manage”?

Each to their own, I didn’t realise shouts per 90 was the measure of a manager these days.

• Like 1
Just now, SouthS22 said:

We can only dream about having Lee Johnson back at this point. At least we did occasionally win games then. Even Holden was better than this 

Who do you think reduced the team to this level. It is thanks to Johnson and Holden we are here now and  why it is proving so hard to turn things around.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, KegCity said:

The meltdown I’ve seen on social media is pathetic. Is it news to people that we have a poor squad that have picked up some terrible habits from Lee Johnson and subsequently Holden? This rubbish is not an overnight fix, we all know we lack goals and we are still trying to assert some defensive discipline into the side. Why is it a shock to then struggle to create chances and lose focus at the end of a match?

I’d like to have seen more progress on seeing out games and creating chances, but they’re issues that have plagued this squad for the last 18 months- 2 years. These will take time and money, the latter of which we don’t have, to fix. I’m not saying Pearson has been perfect or that these results have been acceptable, but **** me some people need to give their heads a wobble. This is the start of a long rebuild, accept the situation and have some patience.

I get the first bit about creating chances, but losing focus at the end of a match? We were playing FGR not PSG.

That injury time goal was absolute total shambles from our perspective. I wouldn’t expect a bunch of 11 year olds to allow opponents the space in the centre of the penalty box that several FGR players had. It was pathetic. No excuses, just simply pathetic for any professional footballers, let alone Championship players, to allow that. 

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Er, in his first full season here he took us to the semi-finals of the tournament we just were dumped out of by a 4th tier club.  Not sure we ever lost a competitive match to a 4th Tier club under LJ?

Sadly that wasn’t how he left the squad, which was in a fragmented state being unable to defend properly, hold on to leads or create chances. Holden then did nothing to improve that situation, made it worse and we now have to remedy it.

Just now, RedRock said:

I get the first bit about creating chances, but losing focus at the end of a match? We were playing FGR not PSG.

That injury time goal was absolute total shambles from our perspective. I wouldn’t expect a bunch of 11 year olds to allow opponents the space in the centre of the penalty box that several FGR players had. It was pathetic. No excuses, just simply pathetic for any professional footballers, let alone Championship players, to allow that. 

You can be playing manor farm, switching off is switching off, regardless of level. 

5 minutes ago, SouthS22 said:

The shower of sh*te we are is BECAUSE of Johnson, he's the cause of this present debacle.

Wouldn't wish that Muppet on my worst enemy.

Edited by BTRFTG
  • Like 5