IGNORED

Carabao Cup Matchday No. 1 - Forest Green Rovers v. Bristol City

Pearson on RB just now.

On XI changes - strength of it is testament to the squad. A luxury to field a strong side and bench. Mentions relentless season and that he wants progress in the cup and to give players a chance to show what they are about. He expects a strong performance. Decent situation to be in.

On the mix of experience and youth - Yeh it's great. Mentions Massengo and Williams in particular. Wells as well. Just generally says that competition for places is good. Semenyo has been training on the grass again.

CODs injury - he should be available for the weekend.

That was it.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6
1 minute ago, Meh said:

The same Palmer who has been in virtually every squad since NP came along and played in nearly every friendly?

The same Palmer who is fitter and has been flying into sliding tackles and was complimented on his attitude by NP just this week?

Some fans need to try opening their eyes - I don’t see him going anywhere this season.

That’s really rude. We’re all entitled to our opinion. 

Maybe you didn’t have your eyes open to this: 

Palmer the sub who was substituted (always an insult to a pro footballer)

Palmer who has completed how many 90 mins? 

Palmer who had a 17 year old selected ahead of him 

and the main thing I was thinking: Palmer the very high earner - and NP has been clear about having to reduce the wage bill. 

All about opinions and being respectful with them. 

• Confused 1
23 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Exactly my thoughts 

He’s not captain material sunshine, everyone can see it. Good call from Pearson. Rubbish call from Holden for giving it to him in the first place, quite frankly.

I really don;t think that Tomas Kalas gives a flying  pheck    who is captain, he has nothing to prove as far as i am concerned............ as long as he is the Best defender at the club

Edited by maxjak
6 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Have you read this? 

Well that’s a view and he’s definitely working hard. However, he’s a massive earner, rarely gets through 90 mins and was a substituted sub who had a 17 year old picked ahead of him. 
Any interest in the big earners and I reckon they will be gone regardless of ability and form. 

• Sad 1
Just now, Big C said:

If he wants to go surely the more people who know about it the better

Depends, Did Nagy go to him privately to say he wanted to leave but wanted it kept private, or did he go to Pearson privately and say let people know I want to leave.

I am betting option 1, but even if it was option 2 you would have thought it would have been controlled through the club media department, rather than blurted out in a answer to a question about a current Bristol city player.  So I think option 1 was the reality.

Doesn't sit easy with me and I doubt if it is the case that it was option 1 that team members can trust the manager when they approach him privately.

Screams of throwing someone under a bus to me.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Ahh cheers, only tuned in on Joe Williams interview. 

Very pleased with the O'Dowda news. Just need Semenyo back now and hope for no more injuries for a while!

You've a proper soft spot for COD don't you.

I had to pop away when he was on. Anything more interesting than the usual "No easy games, great to see the fans travel so well, we're just hoping for the win" type stuff?

7 minutes ago, TRL said:

Depends, Did Nagy go to him privately to say he wanted to leave but wanted it kept private, or did he go to Pearson privately and say let people know I want to leave.

I am betting option 1, but even if it was option 2 you would have thought it would have been controlled through the club media department, rather than blurted out in a answer to a question about a current Bristol city player.  So I think option 1 was the reality.

Doesn't sit easy with me and I doubt if it is the case that it was option 1 that team members can trust the manager when they approach him privately.

Screams of throwing someone under a bus to me.

Well at least you got all the details of a conversation that you don't know how it went before coming to a conclusion that NP has thrown Nagy under the bus and then strangely picked him to start in the next game.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

My theory of the Nagy Vs Bakinson thing, I wonder if it's down to how Pearson sees the team shape/set-up. Nagy & Williams look more like the King/James in the first game. Bakinson has caused us problems in deep positions, missed placed passes set up as many chances as his forward passes. I see him playing in a more forward position when he plays. 

I'm surprised that he went with a new team, but , it does give him a look at everyone in a competitive setting. Now Saturdays starting XI gets interesting.

• Like 1

Just tuned in to Robin’s TV audio stream to realise it’s the Radio Bristol stream including reports on the Sag’s.  Sorry but If they’re going to charge £140 per year for TV coverage that they’re not showing, they can at least provide a bespoke club commentary which doesn’t mention our bitter neighbours.

Edited by Malago
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, grifty said:

Well at least you got all the details of a conversation that you don't know how it went before coming to a conclusion that NP has thrown Nagy under the bus and then strangely picked him to start in the next game.

I think you missed where I said I was betting, not that I was in the know.

Pearson says Nagy came to him privately.  Add to that the way it was announced, it all seems very odd.  But I guess people can see it any way they want. It just seems very a very unprofessional way to announce someone wants to leave, considering all we hear from Pearson is how professional he is.