IGNORED

Wells can relax - Messi going to PSG

Hampshire Red

I still don't think PSG will win the champions league.

Obviously a great player and one of the greatest ever but when you haven't got the ball you effectively have one player less than the opposition.

Like Ronaldo he's still quality on the ball as is going to score a lot of goals. But and it's a big but, I think to beat the real top sides in Europe nowadays you need players who are just as good off the ball as on it.

Lionel Messi, 34, said: “I am excited to begin a new chapter of my career at Paris St-Germain.

"Everything about the club matches my football ambitions.

"I know how talented the squad and the coaching staff are here.

"I am determined to help build something special for the club and the fans, and I am looking forward to stepping out onto the pitch at the Parc des Princes.”

Have you ever read a more banal or unenthusiastic signing statement?

Anyone tht knows me will aprreciate i am no Walshie (left winger) and i actually cant stand socialsim, BUT this transref along with Grealish, Lukaka et al has really made me think the collective we are wrong to support these currently obscene sums of money (possibly all generated in the Arab world like the next Worrld Cup) so we should boycott one week's fixtures across Europe to make that point. Up and down the country and others in Europe, people are soon to be much worse off due to the pandemic so it seems totally wrong for football's corrupt elite to move these sums around as they do, apparently with our encouragement.

Last night at FGR we saw how some highly paid players lloked rather ordinary agaisnt some (probably) poorly paid players - how enlightening was that?

30 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Anyone tht knows me will aprreciate i am no Walshie (left winger) and i actually cant stand socialsim, BUT this transref along with Grealish, Lukaka et al has really made me think the collective we are wrong to support these currently obscene sums of money (possibly all generated in the Arab world like the next Worrld Cup) so we should boycott one week's fixtures across Europe to make that point. Up and down the country and others in Europe, people are soon to be much worse off due to the pandemic so it seems totally wrong for football's corrupt elite to move these sums around as they do, apparently with our encouragement.

Last night at FGR we saw how some highly paid players lloked rather ordinary agaisnt some (probably) poorly paid players - how enlightening was that?

Sadly not that enlightening. It's always been obvious that most of our players should be getting nowhere near a million pounds a year. It's ridiculous money

PSG.

This puts into a slightly different light if accurate- and Swiss Ramble is really good btw, but if in 2018-2020 ie seasons 2017/18, 2018/19 and 2019/20, the spending of PSG.

IF accurate, it doesn't seem right at all but if they've made 272m euros in Profit on Transfers in those 3 years, that really eats into operating costs/losses.

E85AkzAXsAIqKCI?format=jpg&name=large

They've clearly made some good sales but 90m or so a season x 3?? Doesn't seem accurate at all.

42 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

PSG.

This puts into a slightly different light if accurate- and Swiss Ramble is really good btw, but if in 2018-2020 ie seasons 2017/18, 2018/19 and 2019/20, the spending of PSG.

IF accurate, it doesn't seem right at all but if they've made 272m euros in Profit on Transfers in those 3 years, that really eats into operating costs/losses.

E85AkzAXsAIqKCI?format=jpg&name=large

They've clearly made some good sales but 90m or so a season x 3?? Doesn't seem accurate at all.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-paris-saint-germain/alletransfers/verein/583

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Thanks. Still seems a bit toppy but then I'm not accounting for exchange rate differences yet.

Did have a look earlier, possible too that if e.g. PSG academy products (non first team) sold but accounted for under Profit on Transfers that bumps it up.

If they sell as is mooted 100-150m worth of players, that moves the dial a bit again.

Icardi, Gueye, Herrera to name a few- Mbappe to Madrid would also be a strong candidate.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/oct/18/barcelona-fans-take-legal-action-over-lionel-messis-transfer-to-psg

Wonder if anything will come of this. I have doubts.

Part of their case, a Fans group, appears to be that:

A) PSG and by extension the French FA and League system are guilty of not properly applying FFP and UEFA Licensing regs.

B) The European Commission themselves rather than football Governing bodies should take more control over financial regulation in Club football.

Feels unlikely too that PSG would have been able to have had the post Covid splurge under the La Liga system. They're probably also in breach of UEFA FFP I'd say.

Unsure about the illegal State Aid claim though.

In Layman's terms, the European Commission would control FFP regs and perhaps there would be uniformity across all countries. I guess instead of the EFL and PL doing our domestic ones, the Independent Regulator would do all this.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/oct/18/barcelona-fans-take-legal-action-over-lionel-messis-transfer-to-psg

Wonder if anything will come of this. I have doubts.

Part of their case, a Fans group, appears to be that:

A) PSG and by extension the French FA and League system are guilty of not properly applying FFP and UEFA Licensing regs.

B) The European Commission themselves rather than football Governing bodies should take more control over financial regulation in Club football.

Feels unlikely too that PSG would have been able to have had the post Covid splurge under the La Liga system. They're probably also in breach of UEFA FFP I'd say.

Unsure about the illegal State Aid claim though.

In Layman's terms, the European Commission would control FFP regs and perhaps there would be uniformity across all countries. I guess instead of the EFL and PL doing our domestic ones, the Independent Regulator would do all this.

I'll tell ya, we've all had a good laugh at some of the UK fanbases over the years, and every fan base is bound to have a few whoppers just by the law of averages. But Barcelona's fans are just... I can't find the word. Their obsessed, but not in a fun 'I love my football club' kind of way, in a 'if you insult a player who played 3 games for us in 03/04 I'll burn your house down' way. They think Barcelona is a beacon of light the whole footballing world should aspire to be, run by angels and saints. 

What I'm saying is, it's very them to make a legal claim against one of the richest football clubs in the world over a transfer they don't like from 14 months ago. Surely the fact Barcelona's lawyers aren't bothering is indication enough they're fishing in an empty pond. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I'll tell ya, we've all had a good laugh at some of the UK fanbases over the years, and every fan base is bound to have a few whoppers just by the law of averages. But Barcelona's fans are just... I can't find the word. Their obsessed, but not in a fun 'I love my football club' kind of way, in a 'if you insult a player who played 3 games for us in 03/04 I'll burn your house down' way. They think Barcelona is a beacon of light the whole footballing world should aspire to be, run by angels and saints. 

What I'm saying is, it's very them to make a legal claim against one of the richest football clubs in the world over a transfer they don't like from 14 months ago. Surely the fact Barcelona's lawyers aren't bothering is indication enough they're fishing in an empty pond. 

Yeah probably so but there are some valid regulatory points in there, albeit very much for the wrong reasons IMO!

PSG seem to me, to be in clear breach of FFP.

The La Liga system is rather different seemingly to the French one or at least how the French regulate PSG.

Plus if the European Commission was to take over FFP regs, not thay I'd necessarily endorse it then it would absolutely have more of a basis in law, a better statutory underpinning.

I think from their perspective though, this is a useful cover story and the truth here is that they are sore about Messi going to PSG.

Pretty sure La Liga have lodged a complaint with European courts, UEFA or whoever pertaining to PSG too.

https://www.insideworldfootball.com/2022/07/29/laligas-tebas-keeps-legal-pressure-psg-questions-al-khelaifis-power-play/

From late July but think La Liga will keep going on this particular claim too.

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah probably so but there are some valid regulatory points in there, albeit very much for the wrong reasons IMO!

PSG seem to me, to be in clear breach of FFP.

The La Liga system is rather different seemingly to the French one or at least how the French regulate PSG.

Plus if the European Commission was to take over FFP regs, not thay I'd necessarily endorse it then it would absolutely have more of a basis in law, a better statutory underpinning.

I think from their perspective though, this is a useful cover story and the truth here is that they are sore about Messi going to PSG.

Pretty sure La Liga have lodged a complaint with European courts, UEFA or whoever pertaining to PSG too.

https://www.insideworldfootball.com/2022/07/29/laligas-tebas-keeps-legal-pressure-psg-questions-al-khelaifis-power-play/

From late July but think La Liga will keep going on this particular claim too.

Ah fair enough then, I guess they're fighting the good fight. I still think they're a different breed of football fan in their sheer-bloody-singlemindedness but it's good to see someone taking PSG to task I suppose. Especially seeing as La Liga are pursuing also, there clearly is a case to be answered. Thanks for clarifying Pop. 

8 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Ah fair enough then, I guess they're fighting the good fight. I still think they're a different breed of football fan in their sheer-bloody-singlemindedness but it's good to see someone taking PSG to task I suppose. Especially seeing as La Liga are pursuing also, there clearly is a case to be answered. Thanks for clarifying Pop. 

Oh I don't necessarily think they are in it for the right reasons but maybe I'm wrong! Sore over Messi but if it came off it might herald some regulatory changes, kinda thing. 

Agreed on their bloody mindedness and agreed on PSG especially. It's notable that Mr. Tebas initially accused PSG and Man City but after Sterling, Jesus, Zincheko amongst others sold this summer, he is focused squarely on PSG it seems.

Reported today that Mbappe is earning £547m in 3 seasons!?

Where is FFP!! As I said before, some major sales by Man City this summer, Newcastle might show some restraint in some areas after the big splurge but what about PSG.

I mean this is inclusive of the £156m signing bonus which means that he earns 'only' £391m in 3 years as his main wage, dunno a full breakdown but...they aren't even close to compliant at this juncture surely. Seem to be exempt from the domestic French FFP regs too?

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2022/kylian-mbappe-to-earn-e630m-gross-salary-at-psg-over-three-years/

There must be some dodgy sums or reporting somewhere.