IGNORED

Tammy Abraham to Roma

MarcusX

Surprised there wasn't a thread already (that I could see)

Tammy going to Roma for £34m https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12377667/tammy-abraham-roma-agree-34m-deal-to-sign-chelsea-striker

Feels like great business by Chelsea as their fans don't seem to rate him at all at that top level.

Sounds like a lot of money to me, but maybe that's the going rate these days. Ings was reportedly £30m

Good move for him or not? Will it see him push to be considered again for England? He's got a better goal record than DCL for example, albeit half of that in the Championship

I just hope for him he gets regular football, we know he's a great finisher perhaps Chelsea just isn't the place for him

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, MarcusX said:

Surprised there wasn't a thread already (that I could see)

Tammy going to Roma for £34m https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12377667/tammy-abraham-roma-agree-34m-deal-to-sign-chelsea-striker

Feels like great business by Chelsea as their fans don't seem to rate him at all at that top level.

Sounds like a lot of money to me, but maybe that's the going rate these days. Ings was reportedly £30m

Good move for him or not? Will it see him push to be considered again for England? He's got a better goal record than DCL for example, albeit half of that in the Championship

I just hope for him he gets regular football, we know he's a great finisher perhaps Chelsea just isn't the place for him

I hope he does well but feel this is a bad move. Amazed a PL team aren't in for him.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Give it time. I can see Spurs going for him TBH.

Don't think he's quite good enough for Spurs, especially if they're after a Kane replacement. Lautaro Martinez is someone they're after as a potential Kane replacement and he's of a much higher standard than Abraham.

I know we look upon Abraham with fondness - but I don't think he's a top 6 standard player. I think he would probably be useful for lots of other Prem sides though.

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Don't think he's quite good enough for Spurs, especially if they're after a Kane replacement. Lautaro Martinez is someone they're after as a potential Kane replacement and he's of a much higher standard than Abraham.

I know we look upon Abraham with fondness - but I don't think he's a top 6 standard player. I think he would probably be useful for any side apart from City, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal though. 

You mean Leicester not Arsenal.....?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Super said:

I hope he does well but feel this is a bad move. Amazed a PL team aren't in for him.

Why? This could be a great move for him.. Contrary to popular belief in this country but there is actually a big wide footballing world outside of the Premier league you know!

Edited by bris red
  • Like 8
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, bris red said:

Why? This could be a great move for him.. Contrary to popular belief in this country but there is actually a big wide footballing world outside of the Premier league you know!

Agreed. The slightly less frantic pace of Italian football might suit him also. Lots of hold up style forwards and poachers thrive out there - Dzeko, Mandžukić, Immobile. Abraham might do really well provided he settles in quickly. 

I thought Tammy should've moved on last season, he needs it. He'll be back in the prem one day a much improved player i'm sure. I'm surprised Wolves or Aston Vila weren't all over this before Roma. 

I can see a big prem club in 2-3 years possibly dishing out many bucks for him if things go well in Roma. 

Edited by Sturny

I think it's good to see the number of young English players going abroad increasing.

Used to be a bit of rare thing to have homegrown players turning out for renowned European teams.

See more of the world, experience another culture and learn another language. All while making a tidy sum to kick a ball about. Not a bad life.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Going on a bit of a stereotype here but Serie A maybe suits strikers who are prepared to get fewer opportunities to score per match and are ready to convert them when they come along. I reckon that could suit Abraham. 

Bit of a myth nowadays. Should give Atalanta a watch they are very entertaining

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Used to be a bit of rare thing to have homegrown players turning out for renowned European teams.

See more of the world, experience another culture and learn another language. All while making a tidy sum to kick a ball about. Not a bad life.

Summed up nicely by Ian Rush on his struggle to adapt to Italian life after his move to Juventus in 1987/88

'I couldn't settle in Italy,' the £3.2million man said, 'it was like living in a foreign country."

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Summed up nicely by Ian Rush on his struggle to adapt to Italian life after his move to Juventus in 1987/88

'I couldn't settle in Italy,' the £3.2million man said, 'it was like living in a foreign country."

What was his other one when asked how he came to his riches? 'Spend a year in Italy' wasn't it?

Get paid a bucket load to live and work in Rome? There's not even a decision is there? Go immediately. Buy a flat on the Piazza Navona, get a Vespa, get really into espresso and that square cut pizza they sell by weight. Training runs around the Circus Maximus. Gelato. Get aways out to Tivoli, Lago di Bracciano and the Apennines. 

Just go Tammy. Get out of London. Have an adventure in the eternal city.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Get paid a bucket load to live and work in Rome? There's not even a decision is there? Go immediately. Buy a flat on the Piazza Navona, get a Vespa, get really into espresso and that square cut pizza they sell by weight. Training runs around the Circus Maximus. Gelato. Get aways out to Tivoli, Lago di Bracciano and the Apennines. 

Just go Tammy. Get out of London. Have an adventure in the eternal city.

Get picked on by Maureen when he is on his period and wants somebody to blame..

33 minutes ago, Gazred said:

I think it's good to see the number of young English players going abroad increasing.

But he could do the same in Yatton.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Going on a bit of a stereotype here but Serie A maybe suits strikers who are prepared to get fewer opportunities to score per match and are ready to convert them when they come along. I reckon that could suit Abraham. 

It is indeed a stereotype. Catenaccio is ancient history.

Without checking, I think Serie A was the highest scoring of Europe's top 5 leagues last season.

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

I believe that quote was actually made up by Kenny Dalglish.

I still want it to be true though. ?