IGNORED

Tammy Abraham to Roma

MarcusX

On 10/08/2021 at 12:34, MarcusX said:

Surprised there wasn't a thread already (that I could see)

Tammy going to Roma for £34m https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12377667/tammy-abraham-roma-agree-34m-deal-to-sign-chelsea-striker

Feels like great business by Chelsea as their fans don't seem to rate him at all at that top level.

Sounds like a lot of money to me, but maybe that's the going rate these days. Ings was reportedly £30m

Good move for him or not? Will it see him push to be considered again for England? He's got a better goal record than DCL for example, albeit half of that in the Championship

I just hope for him he gets regular football, we know he's a great finisher perhaps Chelsea just isn't the place for him

It'll be interesting how this works - He will have to come back home after 3 months due to the post-Brexit 90 day rule......

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I don't understand this, have there been lots of players who haver refused to go abroad or do foreign teams just not rate our players as highly as we do? That plus the "English Tax" that inflates the value probably better looking elsewhere

I suspect up until the last 20 years or so countries like Italy (where the big cash was) saw our players as ‘strong / physical’ but technically not very good. I was watching a repeat of the ‘Gazzeta Football Italia’ story last night and they said much the same. Now I’m not saying there wasn’t the odd good player e.g. Gaza, just that they weren’t the norm. I’d also throw in the general ‘inability’ / desire in this country to try and learn a different language, as perhaps an additional barrier?

Since, say, 2000 the money even journeymen can earn here is probably more than almost anywhere else, even if this coincided with production of more desirable technical players. Plus as you say transfer fees from English clubs made those players too expensive. However it has probably got to the point now with competition for places at top clubs in particular, that players like Tammy / Sancho are looking abroad for game time.

• Like 2

On 10/08/2021 at 19:34, MarcusX said:

Surprised there wasn't a thread already (that I could see)

Tammy going to Roma for £34m https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12377667/tammy-abraham-roma-agree-34m-deal-to-sign-chelsea-striker

Feels like great business by Chelsea as their fans don't seem to rate him at all at that top level.

Sounds like a lot of money to me, but maybe that's the going rate these days. Ings was reportedly £30m

Good move for him or not? Will it see him push to be considered again for England? He's got a better goal record than DCL for example, albeit half of that in the Championship

I just hope for him he gets regular football, we know he's a great finisher perhaps Chelsea just isn't the place for him

Bargain for them. that price is as cheap as chips . I remember LJ going to visit his family to encourage the proposed spell at BS3. Looking back now if LJ was gone earlier then we may have had potential in some more playing years at BS3 by one of the best at the moment in football

Tammy. I've rarely been more jealous of a bloke. Firstly he gets to be star striker for the greatest club on the planet at the tender age of 19, bags 26 goals in the season and leaves a legend who will always be welcomed back. Ok then he has a couple of years at some backwater clubs that we can gloss over. But then he returns to Chelsea, scores freely in his first few weeks of prem life, gets a couple of England caps and then sits on the bench whilst still collecting winners medals for some major trophies. 

Now...now he gets to go and live and work in the greatest city the world has ever known. A beacon of western civilisation for millennia, steeped in history and filled with delicious coffee, glorious piazzas and beautiful women.

Tammy my boy you are truly blessed. Carry on working hard and remember fortis fortuna adiuvat.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Tammy. I've rarely been more jealous of a bloke. Firstly he gets to be star striker for the greatest club on the planet at the tender age of 19, bags 26 goals in the season and leaves a legend who will always be welcomed back. Ok then he has a couple of years at some backwater clubs that we can gloss over. But then he returns to Chelsea, scores freely in his first few weeks of prem life, gets a couple of England caps and then sits on the bench whilst still collecting winners medals for some major trophies. 

Now...now he gets to go and live and work in the greatest city the world has ever known. A beacon of western civilisation for millennia, steeped in history and filled with delicious coffee, glorious piazzas and beautiful women.

Tammy my boy you are truly blessed. Carry on working hard and remember fortis fortuna adiuvat.

Bit weird if he's going to commute from Bristol to Rome every day.

• Haha 2

On 10/08/2021 at 17:08, ExiledAjax said:

Get paid a bucket load to live and work in Rome? There's not even a decision is there? Go immediately. Buy a flat on the Piazza Navona, get a Vespa, get really into espresso and that square cut pizza they sell by weight. Training runs around the Circus Maximus. Gelato. Get aways out to Tivoli, Lago di Bracciano and the Apennines. 

Just go Tammy. Get out of London. Have an adventure in the eternal city.

Someone’s been reading the Lonely Planet guide to Rome.

:thumbsup:

Really please to see Tammy doing well and get a standing ovation after his 2 assists. Yes there's that small connection (loan) to us, but I personally think he is a very talented player and I'd like to see him succeed and go on to some very good things. Possibly not quite at his top technical ability just yet, but I'm confident that will come with time. I just hope (like a few of the other young English talent out there at the moment) he doesn't blow it on cars, girls, and trips to Dubai and stays focused on his career.

11 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

Anyone who likes to appreciate good goals, just tune in and see Romas second goal tonight. Catch it from the beginning. Great play from Tammy.

the verdoute finish was like an arsenal goal when they were good. And tammys goal was a rocket! Great to see!

Edited by Simon bristol