IGNORED

Tammy Abraham to Roma

MarcusX

On 10/08/2021 at 16:08, ExiledAjax said:

Get paid a bucket load to live and work in Rome? There's not even a decision is there? Go immediately. Buy a flat on the Piazza Navona, get a Vespa, get really into espresso and that square cut pizza they sell by weight. Training runs around the Circus Maximus. Gelato. Get aways out to Tivoli, Lago di Bracciano and the Apennines. 

Just go Tammy. Get out of London. Have an adventure in the eternal city.

I got a few I could flog him, bargain at £50,000 each ?

31 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

I got a few I could flog him, bargain at £50,000 each ?

He's got to spend that goal bonus on something.

Honestly though, he looks like he's having a lovely time. Assisting and scoring goals on the pitch, and posting some enviable vistas on Instagram off it. The highlights from last night are a great watch for him. he's showing all of that fox in the box style he had when with us. A great pass for Roma's second at 1:10, and then his own sweet first time strike finds the net at 1:40 for their third. He honestly looks like he's been part of that team for years.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Good luck to him there, sounds like he's made a great start- will make sure I watch a bit of Tammy footage in due course.

Read he got a Standing ovation on opening game? Strong start for sure...

See above.

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

He's got to spend that goal bonus on something.

Honestly though, he looks like he's having a lovely time. Assisting and scoring goals on the pitch, and posting some enviable vistas on Instagram off it. The highlights from last night are a great watch for him. he's showing all of that fox in the box style he had when with us. A great pass for Roma's second at 1:10, and then his own sweet first time strike finds the net at 1:40 for their third. He honestly looks like he's been part of that team for years.

See above.

Fair play that is some performance.. if he carries on in that form i’d much rather him in the England setup than Patrick Bamford to be honest.

7 minutes ago, bris red said:

Fair play that is some performance.. if he carries on in that form i’d much rather him in the England setup than Patrick Bamford to be honest.

I think you have to caveat this performance with the fact it was against a newly promoted side who had lost their opening game. Salernitana are also phoenix club, the current incarnation of which was formed only 10 years ago apparently. So look, this is hardly the Latin derby or a game against one of the old dons of Serie A. But still, he's now played well in both league games so far, and that first was against Fiorentina.

Calvert-Lewin has just pulled out of the squad though, so perhaps Abraham will be called up?

3 minutes ago, Super said:

For me Toney should have been called up instead.

Not sure if you’ve seen much of Tammy this season but he deserves this call up.  Wouldn’t mind Toney over Kane though considering these are two easy games and we all know what Kane can do. Toney has been better than Watkins in my opinion as well 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Super said:

For me Toney should have been called up instead.

Odd view imo. He has played 7 premier league games in his career. He is a year and a half older than Tammy. They are both playing at a top level in the country they are in. 

However, Tammy has 89 premier league games under his belt already. Has already been part of the senior england set up. 17 appearances in European competitions. With a similar goal scoring rate but with nothing below championship level. 

Not saying Toney isn’t great. Not saying Tammy is better. Just saying they have had similar starts to their seasons and that Tammy has more experience at a higher level. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Odd view imo. He has played 7 premier league games in his career. He is a year and a half older than Tammy. They are both playing at a top level in the country they are in. 

However, Tammy has 89 premier league games under his belt already. Has already been part of the senior england set up. 17 appearances in European competitions. With a similar goal scoring rate but with nothing below championship level. 

Not saying Toney isn’t great. Not saying Tammy is better. Just saying they have had similar starts to their seasons and that Tammy has more experience at a higher level. 

Plus he is playing and being effective in a league renowned for having excellent defences.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Another on the list of , couldn't make it or get a good move here ,so move on and become a star abroad. Some have done it younger , but seems a trend at the moment. 
Be nice if he got a start for England.

Arsenal certainly wanted him and it was reported that Spurs and Villa were also interested but Chelsea weren't prepared to sell to a Premier League club.

• Like 1