IGNORED

Tammy Abraham to Roma

MarcusX

15 in 29 league games - that’s some going in Serie A.  Dzeko and Voeller, two Roma greats, both took longer than that to get to 15 in their Roma careers. And he doesn’t take penalties. And it’s his first season. 

And the Roma fans love him. 

https://www.vocegiallorossa.it/approfondimenti/tifosi-entusiasti-di-abraham-ha-segnato-il-doppio-della-coppia-morata-kean-c-era-chi-diceva-fosse-scarso-ha-voglia-e-grinta-di-giocare-per-la-roma-220416

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 6

33 minutes ago, italian dave said:

15 in 29 league games - that’s some going in Serie A.  Dzeko and Voeller, two Roma greats, both took longer than that to get to 15 in their Roma careers. And he doesn’t take penalties. And it’s his first season. 

And the Roma fans love him. 

https://www.vocegiallorossa.it/approfondimenti/tifosi-entusiasti-di-abraham-ha-segnato-il-doppio-della-coppia-morata-kean-c-era-chi-diceva-fosse-scarso-ha-voglia-e-grinta-di-giocare-per-la-roma-220416

not sure that bit's right........

image.png.c3af4c2108a9d7357c8117753bc7d6f5.png

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

not sure that bit's right........

image.png.c3af4c2108a9d7357c8117753bc7d6f5.png

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

The official Serie A youtube says 13 goals this season including saturday's game (5/03/2022). Maybe cup goals on top take it over 15. Anyway, latest goal here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWYgIb87v-g

Thanks PSR - I didn't realise he was taking pens now. Must be quite recent. I know they missed a couple earlier in the season, so must have given hm the job!

Sorry Sleepy - yes, it's 13 (trying to type, in a hurry, on a phone!). Plus 1 in the Cup and 6 in the Europa League I believe, - so that's the 20 the OP referred to. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Never been but it’s on the list , from what I’ve seen it’s beautiful and has amazing grub! 

Don't be seduced by the pizza though, that's for the South of the country.  Its decent without being spectacular Rome or north.  (food wise, pizza has been my only disappointment on 3 Italian visits, but as I've been told by friends from the South, "in the North they don't understand pizza) 

Edited by The turtle
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Never been but it’s on the list , from what I’ve seen it’s beautiful and has amazing grub! 

It is beautiful and the food is very nice.

What surprised me, though, was how small it is compared to London or Paris.

I mean that in an entirely positive sense, in that you can easily get around the whole city by foot.

I have visited on several occasions and, apart from airport transfers, never had need for a taxi.

Oh, we did take the underground to the Vatican.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mike Stone said:

Couldn't agree more,  absolutely lovely City

It's been too long since I've been. Had tickets for Italy v Wales in the Euros there, obviously 2020 got cancelled and then I couldn't make the 2021 date. Gutting.

5 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Ah it's great, as @PHILINFRANCE says the centre is very walkable. 

With no idea what type of person you are or what your holidays look like I'd recommend a morning run around the Circus Maximus, coffee in Piazza Navona (can drift into surrounding alleyways for beers as well), and just walking the streets around the Pantheon.

I love the place. Its hot, and busy, but it is also unique and wonderful. 

Cheaper than London or Paris as well!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's been too long since I've been. Had tickets for Italy v Wales in the Euros there, obviously 2020 got cancelled and then I couldn't make the 2021 date. Gutting.

With no idea what type of person you are or what your holidays look like I'd recommend a morning run around the Circus Maximus, coffee in Piazza Navona (can drift into surrounding alleyways for beers as well), and just walking the streets around the Pantheon.

Rome can obviously be very hot, depending on the season, and, of course, can seem extremely busy - some of the driving is a sight to behold - but it can also be very slow.

You mentioned coffee in Piazza Navona, but I recall many an afternoon in piazzas whose names I have forgotten, where even a few beers took a very pleasurable hour or more - just the time necessary for my wife to finish her second ice cream, bless her ?.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Italy is lovely in general, I did a top to bottom of it in 2012 with the wife, I recommend it to anyone, the football clubs are insanely big the San Siro is huge it makes the Emirates (Wife's a Arsenal Fan) feel like Yeovil Town. 

27 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

The lad's on fire. 2 more tonight in a 3-0 win

1689103446_Screenshot2022-03-20at20_47_48.png.21f595de161f8eb28d4aeac97629c45b.png

Batistuta (possibly my favourite striker of all time) and Montella. That is some company to be in.

Yet Tammy wasn't good enough for Tuchel from day one. Much better to pay £90m to have Lukaku lumbering around.

Just think, if they hadn't spent that they could afford to pay for their next flight to an away game.?

Edited by chinapig
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Watched the game, seems he’s loving it out there and the Roma fans love him

And why not, people laughed when Johnson described him as someone who wanted to play football rather "be a footballer". From day one here he looked like someone who would play the same way if he was in the park across the road, any proper football fans will love that enthusiasm.

• Like 5

And why not, people laughed when Johnson described him as someone who wanted to play football rather "be a footballer". From day one here he looked like someone who would play the same way if he was in the park across the road, any proper football fans will love that enthusiasm.

Massively agree, he acted like he had been signed by the club not loaned. Made time for fans, performed well and arguably the key reason we stayed up. My favorite ever loan signing, for the brief time he was here really felt like a Bristol City player not someone we borrowed. 

• Like 9

There's a reason Mourinho is a big fan of Tammy. He's not like your modern day young footballer. Mourinho alluded to this before about how he struggles with the modern day player. 

Tammy is different, he's a character, plays for the love of the game and has excellent work ethic. No wonder Roma fans love him

• Like 1

On 07/03/2022 at 17:13, Slippin cider said:

As long as you can find the hidden spots for it, yes. Most restaurants are unfortunately catered for tourists and a bit shit. The kinds of places that have a catalogue instead of a menu.

• Thanks 1