IGNORED

Tammy Abraham to Roma

MarcusX

6 minutes ago, One Team said:

Well quite. Like any City fan wouldn’t want to be in Roma’s position. 

Not me, especially with such a has been in charge hey Super ??.  So what if he’s won 2 champs leagues with different teams, won the league with 4 different teams in 4 different countries, and the only manager to win all 3 European cups with 3 different clubs including with Man Utd in the middle of their slump, and various cups to boot, he’s not got it anymore ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Not me, especially with such a has been in charge hey Super ??.  So what if he’s won 2 champs leagues with different teams, won the league with 4 different teams in 4 different countries, and the only manager to win all 3 European cups with 3 different clubs including with Man Utd in the middle of their slump, and various cups to boot, he’s not got it anymore ??

Never mind all that, how tall is he? :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I said he was a top manager. There is a reason he is now managing a team in the conference league and not a top team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The reason is he’s already managed most top teams I’d say

2 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Or because all of the top teams wanted better managers  

Mourinho isn't a bad manager, he's just no longer the sort that the elite clubs want. Has a very different approach to "man management" and motivating players.

There's a reason he doesn't last long anywhere anymore. That being said, he's guided his team to a major trophy, so can't be that bad.

On 25/05/2022 at 22:16, Super said:

Not exactly an elite competition. 

You can only win whats in front of you and roma finished 7th so thats their standard,not everyone supports a top 4 team or even a team that can win a domestic trophy, most teams outside the top 6 wont ever win a trophy unless they get relegated!

For roma this was thier first ever European trophy and first trophy for 14 years.. 

They also made 20 million for winning this which will help them quite alot.

Tbh i dont see why id even have to explain this on a bristol city forum lol id be pleased to win the johnstones paint trophy again, its just were not allowed to enter anymore ? 

On 26/05/2022 at 07:31, Tinmans Love Child said:

I think he's an interesting character and Roma is good for him, the UK was a mess for him except for Chelsea. Man Utd is a poison challis at the moment. 

After having a quick look i was quite surprised at how little Roma have actually won both domestically and obviously on the European stage in their history to be honest.

For some reason i had thought they had won a lot more silverware then they actually have.

Edited by bris red

5 minutes ago, bris red said:

After having a quick look i was quite surprised at how little Roma have actually won both domestically and obviously on the European stage in their history to be honest.

For some reason i had thought they had won a lot more silverware then that actually have.

The domestic game in Italy has largely been dominated by Juventus, Milan and Inter. 
Roma have had a couple of years here and there (80s and 00s) where they have challenged for titles and won titles but it seems it is not sustainable in the long run to compete with the big 3. I loved their Serie A winning side in 2000-01, had some fantastic players (Batistuta, Cafu, Totti)

Edited by 2015
  • Like 1