IGNORED

RIP Havanatopia : Updated with details of funeral

Der no.2

Really sad news. He only got married in the last year or 2 iirc.

I used to tease him he must be too busy having the longest honeymoon ever when he got a bit lax with the match threads - a rather too often repeated joke perhaps that he took in very good spirit.

A real OTIB stalwart, he'll certainly be missed on here. RIP Hav. 

21 minutes ago, TomF said:

Ah proper sad, I think we really need some sort of gone but not forgotten section or group for some of the OTIB'er who've left us.  Sadly the age of the forum now (nearly 25 years) means we've quite a few of late. 

I was going to suggest that. An ‘in memoriam’/‘stand in the sky’ type area would be really nice. Maybe some of the top posts referenced and a small item from someone who knew them about their lives and City associations.

Although I know a few posters on here personally, most are totally unknown, but nevertheless feel like ‘family’.

13 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I hate to be intrusive @Der no.2, but will his family be alright with the monetary costs? I'm sure a lot of us who have been appreciative of his contribution to the forum would be more than happy to put a few quid towards it. 

Thank you for your kind gesture, but I’m sure everything is covered.

If we can figure out a way to remember all past OTIBers I’m sure Richard would have fully backed such an idea.

Thought I’d share this lovely DM he sent me after I mentioned the fact my old man had died the day before we played QPR away in February of last year. I hope I am not out of place sharing something of a private nature but there could be condolence for some in knowing he will be watching city with his father again from the sky. 

RIP fellow red 

715D8FD9-CDAC-472E-9853-CB86480D0833.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Thought I’d share this lovely DM he sent me after I mentioned the fact my old man had died the day before we played QPR away in February of last year. I hope I am not out of place sharing something of a private nature but there could be condolence for some in knowing he will be watching city with his father again from the sky. 

RIP fellow red 

What a lovely thing to have done.  Sounds like he was a great bloke as well as a top poster.

1 hour ago, Der no.2 said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but thought all should be aware that Richard (Havanatopia) passed away last Friday at Hammersmith Hospital after a lengthy illness.

A regular contributor to OTIB over many years he will be sorely missed, RIP.

Thanks for letting us know. As @leadman. @RedM. @Dollymarie @Southport Red etc etc etc Havana was another stalwart from the good days of The Chatroom/chatbox.

I can remember many conversations about the relevant weather conditions in Cuba, The Far East, Vancouver, The Caymans and Buckinghamshire while listening/watching us lose, draw and occasionally win!

I remember the banter particularly between Havana and Leady over our extended failings. :laugh:! And of course the match day threads interspersed with occasional chats about the welfare of Horace the hedgehog, a constant companion of a well known poster here

As someone pointed out up the thread the forum is of an age where this stuff is more likely, but the apparent early passing of so many is particularly hard to come to terms with. 

Will miss you Hav. But you have @One Team In Keynsham @bucksred among others for good company on match day!

13 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

RIP fellow red 

Him and DL sent me nice PM' s when my mum died..

R.I.P. God speed fellow Red.

Just now, REDOXO said:

Thanks for letting us know. As @leadman. @RedM. @Dollymarie @Southport Red etc etc etc Havana was another stalwart from the good days of The Chatroom/chatbox.

I can remember many conversations about the relevant weather conditions in Cuba, The Far East, Vancouver, The Caymans and Buckinghamshire while listening/watching us lose, draw and occasionally win!

I remember the banter particularly between Havana and Leady over our extended failings. :laugh:! And of course the match day threads interspersed with occasional chats about the welfare of Horace the hedgehog, a constant companion of a well known poster here

As someone pointed out up the thread the forum is of an age where this stuff is more likely, but the apparent early passing of so many is particularly hard to come to terms with. 

Will miss you Hav. But you have @One Team In Keynsham @bucksred among others for good company on match day!

Oh my God, I had no idea he was even ill. 
Our Chatroom gets quieter all the time. RIP Hav. 

Archived