IGNORED

RIP Havanatopia : Updated with details of funeral

Der no.2

1 minute ago, Southport Red said:

Oh my God, I had no idea he was even ill. 
Our Chatroom gets quieter all the time. RIP Hav. 

Ive bumped the question Sport. Not sure we have a chatroom anymore mate. If not we should set up a Whats App group or something like that. BTW Jannah just got his first!

Just now, REDOXO said:

Ive bumped the question Sport. Not sure we have a chatroom anymore mate. If not we should set up a Whats App group or something like that. BTW Jannah just got his first!

I saw you asked about the Chatroom disappearing and noticed you didn’t get an answer (disappointing). WhatsApp group would work also I guess. 

• Admin

Just got in and seen this, sad news indeed, a valuable member of the forum and it will be a lesser place for his passing.

RIP Richard and thanks for the time you spent contributing over the years

I did discuss a memorial section with Tom a while back, I think we need to do this and preserve usernames to stop them being reused.

Very sad news indeed, top & informative contributor.

Always assumed he lived in Cuba, or like OneTeaminKeynsham was he an exile who returned late in the day? As Hammersmith was mentioned was he ever a member of the old London Branch?

One of those threads that as soon as you see the title you just know it’s sad news. 

Like most have said on here @havanatopiawas a poster of some quite long-standing and obviously City through and through. RIP to a fellow Richard, condolences to your friends & family and rest easy in the best seat in the house. 

COYR 

from Richard’s sister:

”I have just read the comments to mum we are totally overwhelmed.
In time or when you think appropriate could you post a message to say the whole family are quite overwhelmed and thank each and everyone that has taken their time to write. It is a comfort xx”

59 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Just got in and seen this, sad news indeed, a valuable member of the forum and it will be a lesser place for his passing.

RIP Richard and thanks for the time you spent contributing over the years

I did discuss a memorial section with Tom a while back, I think we need to do this and preserve usernames to stop them being reused.

Indeed.

There will only ever be one AshtonYate.

I don’t post much on here but browse most days. I can’t believe how much this news has shaken me about someone I’d never met. It just seemed like Havanatopia was one of the good guys who would be posting on here forever more. Matchday threads won’t be the same. 

RIP

3 hours ago, Der no.2 said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but thought all should be aware that Richard (Havanatopia) passed away last Friday at Hammersmith Hospital after a lengthy illness.

A regular contributor to OTIB over many years he will be sorely missed, RIP.

Oh man, that's really sad, always saw him posting on here, great contributor. 

**** me, absolutely terrible news. Thoughts go out to family and friends ?

Archived