IGNORED

RIP Havanatopia : Updated with details of funeral

Der no.2

Such sad news.

Didn't know him at all, but especially through his MDTs you felt that you really did get to know him with his insight into clubs and towns and snippets of his personal life - or, was it real life or was it just fantasy?!

P.S. Great touch for the Havanatopia MDT archive - Big Tone's brief summary will surely be "hope he's not gone to a shithole oop north."

Top man & will be much missed.

RIP Havana.

This is really sad news and puts everything into a different perspective. 

Returning to the Gate after 18 months it became clear that many fellow reds were no longer with us.

Richard although most of is never met you we all valued your Forum input and stories and especially the Match Day Threads. 

You may be gone but never forgotten.

RIP @havanatopia

COYR. 

26 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That’s him. Was only late 30s at most. Used to be on here a lot under various usernames but haven’t heard anything either.

If it’s the same lad, I remember him coming on here and trying to make a singing section called the Parkenders in the corner of the Atyeo. I believe it was a success, for a short while!

7 hours ago, AshtonYate said:

What horrible news.  I believe another old poster @badger08 is no longer with us too. 

Not sure if that is correct as his twitter feed is active as of 7 hours ago. 

I was truly shocked and saddened when I saw the thread. You know when you don't know someone but get the feeling that you do through something they've done? Well, that's how I felt with Havanatopia's Match Day threads. I always enjoyed reading them so much; apart from the football element, you always got little insights into him and his life; and just enough to make one wonder even more about him as a person.

RIP Richard, thanks for bringing a little bit of fun and those interesting facts to every matchday. We're going to miss you. 

Archived