IGNORED

RIP Havanatopia : Updated with details of funeral

Der no.2

Not a contrbuter to this forum but a daily browser. Never had any contact with Havanatopia but ever since hearing the sad news, I have the same feeling that I would have if I lost someone I did know. RIP fellow Red and my thoughts are with the family.

RIP fellow red - enjoyed his post over many years, started following city on the forums 25 years ago and am now one of the old guard (more as a reader then contributor).

Glad we were informed of his passing, as sometimes regulars on here just "disappear", maybe we need a list held somewhere of those who we are family with via the forums who go (be it passing, banned, decided the negativity was too much for them etc, fed up with LJ passing it sideways again etc )

I miss Red Goblin and Percy Parrot and the likes. wish I knew what had happened to them all?

Can only echo what has been written here so many times.Hav's mtd's were factual, interesting and most of all good fun.Said to think we won't see them again.They will be sorely missed. Condolences to Richard's loved ones and thanks for sparing us a little of his time on matchdays.

11 hours ago, brady bunch said:

RIP fellow red - enjoyed his post over many years, started following city on the forums 25 years ago and am now one of the old guard (more as a reader then contributor).

Glad we were informed of his passing, as sometimes regulars on here just "disappear", maybe we need a list held somewhere of those who we are family with via the forums who go (be it passing, banned, decided the negativity was too much for them etc, fed up with LJ passing it sideways again etc )

I miss Red Goblin and Percy Parrot and the likes. wish I knew what had happened to them all?

Goodness - yes.

Be nice to have a stickied thread - a roll of honour for OTIB

ALL OTIB posters shown equal respect and rememberance, wether they were left wing / right wing, contentious, or placid.

A place to quiety remember OTIB members.

Great idea @brady bunch

19 hours ago, brady bunch said:

@Esmond Million's Bung

Another poster that I haven’t seen on here for a while.

On 10/08/2021 at 19:04, Der no.2 said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but thought all should be aware that Richard (Havanatopia) passed away last Friday at Hammersmith Hospital after a lengthy illness.

A regular contributor to OTIB over many years he will be sorely missed, RIP.

Such tragic news.

Had wondered why we weren’t getting his usually excellent contribution. 

Rest well Hav. 

On 11/08/2021 at 22:39, Bristol Rob said:

That's a lovely touch, having a subforum for his threads.

Agreed, I never met him but always enjoyed his matchday threads. Very sad news and certainly puts things in perspective?

Just came across this thread. Feels like an old friend has passed - even though we never met or directly conversed. His matchday threads were a big part of my match days for a long time.

Does make you wonder about some of the other familiar names who no longer post. Hope it's just they are taking a break from here.

Rest easy fellow red, you'll be sorely missed

My condolences to his loved ones

I have just received the following message from the family of Richard, please try and make the day if you can:

"Havanatopia – Richard Mark Brown – 25.01.66-06.08.21 – 

Gie, Pauline, Helen, Jeremy, Chris and the wider Brown family (in and around Clevedon) extend a warm welcome to all OTIB members to a ’Celebration of life’ at the Heineken Suite from 5.00pm (approx.) on Tuesday 24th August.

We are all humbled at the response on the forum and would like to thank all members who have commented.  Football fans, often maligned but we know we all have a heart of gold.

We do not expect fans to come in black, just whatever they wish to wear but red, is most welcome!

Whilst we will not know who you are and vice versa (except perhaps one or two) we think Richard would find that funny and be laughing to himself!

So we will have to talk.

Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday 24th 

Up the CITY. “

• The title was changed to RIP Havanatopia : Updated with details of funeral
  • The topic was pinned
53 minutes ago, Der no.2 said:

I have just received the following message from the family of Richard, please try and make the day if you can:

Gie, Pauline, Helen, Jeremy, Chris and the wider Brown family (in and around Clevedon) extend a warm welcome to all OTIB members to a ’Celebration of life’ at the Heineken Suite from 5.00pm (approx.) on Tuesday 24th August.

We are all humbled at the response on the forum and would like to thank all members who have commented.  Football fans, often maligned but we know we all have a heart of gold.

We do not expect fans to come in black, just whatever they wish to wear but red, is most welcome!

Whilst we will not know who you are and vice versa (except perhaps one or two) we think Richard would find that funny and be laughing to himself!

So we will have to talk.

Up the CITY. “

Thank you for the lovely invite. It would be nice to see a picture of Richard if you can share. Love to you all.

1 hour ago, Der no.2 said:

So we will have to talk.

Up the CITY. “

Regrettably, I will not be able to attend, however am sure a good turnout will pay their respects to an OTIB legend. With that in mind I shall raise a glass (or 3) on 24th in memory of Richard. Whilst we never met he was always someone I could relate to on here and I will miss him (already am TBH). 

His matchday posts were so well researched that I wonder if he actually did any work !!  I learnt an awful lot about different places because of them.  Condensed Version....I'm a bit thick sometimes.

My thoughts go out to his family especially his Wife who enjoyed his company for so few years. I am sure their time together was both fun and quality. I shall of course wear something red on that day to honour the occasion.

The Boondocks will never be the same.

RIP Hav

Archived