IGNORED

RIP Havanatopia : Updated with details of funeral

Der no.2

1 hour ago, Der no.2 said:

I have just received the following message from the family of Richard, please try and make the day if you can:

"Havanatopia – Richard Mark Brown – 25.01.66-06.08.21 – 

Gie, Pauline, Helen, Jeremy, Chris and the wider Brown family (in and around Clevedon) extend a warm welcome to all OTIB members to a ’Celebration of life’ at the Heineken Suite from 5.00pm (approx.) on Tuesday 24th August.

We are all humbled at the response on the forum and would like to thank all members who have commented.  Football fans, often maligned but we know we all have a heart of gold.

We do not expect fans to come in black, just whatever they wish to wear but red, is most welcome!

Whilst we will not know who you are and vice versa (except perhaps one or two) we think Richard would find that funny and be laughing to himself!

So we will have to talk.

Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday 24th 

Up the CITY. “

Regrettably, I will not be able to attend, however am sure a good turnout will pay their respects to an OTIB legend. With that in mind I shall raise a glass (or 3) on 24th in memory of Richard. Whilst we never met he was always someone I could relate to on here and I will miss him (already am TBH). 

His matchday posts were so well researched that I wonder if he actually did any work !!  I learnt an awful lot about different places because of them.  Condensed Version....I'm a bit thick sometimes.

My thoughts go out to his family especially his Wife who enjoyed his company for so few years. I am sure their time together was both fun and quality. I shall of course wear something red on that day to honour the occasion.

The Boondocks will never be the same.

RIP Hav

• Like 1
  • Robin 3

7 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

... and @WhistleHappy

Yep, I've wondered about WhistleHappy.

He was still regularly starting threads until late March last year, but made his last visit on April 7th while some of the threads he'd started were still running.

No indication at all that he was considering quitting OTIB.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SDBS36 said:

Rest in peace to all the fellow Reds we have lost, we will still remember you in the future

maybe we should have a remembrance threat for them all 

what do we threaten them with ?

On 17/08/2021 at 13:11, Der no.2 said:

I have just received the following message from the family of Richard, please try and make the day if you can:

"Havanatopia – Richard Mark Brown – 25.01.66-06.08.21 – 

Gie, Pauline, Helen, Jeremy, Chris and the wider Brown family (in and around Clevedon) extend a warm welcome to all OTIB members to a ’Celebration of life’ at the Heineken Suite from 5.00pm (approx.) on Tuesday 24th August.

We are all humbled at the response on the forum and would like to thank all members who have commented.  Football fans, often maligned but we know we all have a heart of gold.

We do not expect fans to come in black, just whatever they wish to wear but red, is most welcome!

Whilst we will not know who you are and vice versa (except perhaps one or two) we think Richard would find that funny and be laughing to himself!

So we will have to talk.

Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday 24th 

Up the CITY. “

Bloody hell, just realised Havs age...far too young to be taken...he will be sadly missed and fondly remembered by all on here that's for sure.

5 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Bloody hell, just realised Havs age...far too young to be taken...he will be sadly missed and fondly remembered by all on here that's for sure.

exactly, only 55

Shit isn't it

Edited by BigTone

How the hell did I miss this!! 

Shocked is an understatement - condolences go out to all his family and close friends.

Great guy, regular poster whose posts were always worth a read.

RIP fella.

Not been on for a while so shocked and saddened at the news of @havanatopia and other OTIB greats gone and sorely missed. @Super’s memory board was emotional viewing.  We may not know each other but we’re OTIB and City family.  Thoughts with all affected by their loss and fond memories and thanks to those now watching from above for many an engaging read.  You are missed 😢😢😢

• Like 1

On 20/08/2021 at 08:37, Super said:

Not sure the best place to put this (mods feel free to move)

May be an image of 20 people and text that says "FOREVER RED REMEMBERING CITY'S LOVED ONES BRISTOL CITY"

Bloody hell. All life is precious but there are some young faces there.

Edited by 054123

• The topic was unpinned