IGNORED

Gregors ratings?

Henry

1 minute ago, Calculus said:

Not sure Nige will take that well - that's just taking the p155. Will be very surprised if he's welcome at the Gate after that. 

Nige might not even notice.

That said, he’s had run-ins with journalists before and probably sees GmG as an amateur, hence his patronising attitude toward him.

I have heard Gregor was in the pocket of Johnson and Ashton. They would feed him scraps of information for positive stories.

He’s not even getting the crumbs from the bottom of Pearson’s toaster. Hence the constant snide remarks.

Allegedly

14 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Not sure Nige will take that well - that's just taking the p155. Will be very surprised if he's welcome at the Gate after that. 

What?  It's not a nursery playground?  Why wouldn't he be welcome? ........I don't believe Nige is gonna throw his toys out of his pram over something so petty.  Get a grip ?

O'Leary - 7 - not at fault for anything and dealt with most things well

Simpson - 5 - offered little going forward and distribution average

Pring - 7 - composure, got forward, good display

Kalas - 6 - was bullied by Matt in the first half but grew into the game

Moore - 6 - see above

Nagy - 6 - ran around a lot but did nothing on the ball

Williams - 4 - poor in possession with many misplaced passes

Massengo - 6 - very quick with the press over 5 yards.  Offered something with the ball at least but pretty limited

Bell - 5 - tried his best but nothing came off for him

Janneh - 8 - very raw but effective tonight.  Often had 2 men on him

Wells - 5 - felt for him a bit as chasing long balls isnt his game.  

Bakinson - 7- finally a bit of composure!  

17 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

O'Leary - 7 - not at fault for anything and dealt with most things well

Simpson - 5 - offered little going forward and distribution average

Pring - 7 - composure, got forward, good display

Kalas - 6 - was bullied by Matt in the first half but grew into the game

Moore - 6 - see above

Nagy - 6 - ran around a lot but did nothing on the ball

Williams - 4 - poor in possession with many misplaced passes

Massengo - 6 - very quick with the press over 5 yards.  Offered something with the ball at least but pretty limited

Bell - 5 - tried his best but nothing came off for him

Janneh - 8 - very raw but effective tonight.  Often had 2 men on him

Wells - 5 - felt for him a bit as chasing long balls isnt his game.  

Bakinson - 7- finally a bit of composure!  

Pearson? Dare you!

1 minute ago, Henry said:

Ouch! I had to double check that was every word.

"How about your centre-backs this evening? Did they do well enough against Jamille Matt, who caused a lot of problems at times?

I thought Tomas [Kalas] was good tonight, he did very well.

And Taylor Moore as well we guess?

No, I said that I thought Tomas did well tonight."

Ouch.

46 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

"How about your centre-backs this evening? Did they do well enough against Jamille Matt, who caused a lot of problems at times?

I thought Tomas [Kalas] was good tonight, he did very well.

And Taylor Moore as well we guess?

No, I said that I thought Tomas did well tonight."

Ouch.

Gregor has given Moore a 5/10, so he himself can’t have thought Moore played well….so the question is a bit strange if you ask me.

If I’m starting to form one opinion of this reporter / manager, it’s don’t try and evaluate City’s players and then ask whether Nige thinks the same as you…,just ask him how he thought they played.  It’s just asking Nige to put Gregor down,

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Gregor has given Moore a 5/10, so he himself can’t have thought Moore played well….so the question is a bit strange if you ask me.

If I’m starting to form one opinion of this reporter / manager, it’s don’t try and evaluate City’s players and then ask whether Nige thinks the same as you…,just ask him how he thought they played.  It’s just asking Nige to put Gregor down,

I think in general don't try to put words in Nige's mouth. Don't answer the question within the question. Let him give you the answer he wants to give, rather than confirm to you the answer that you want him to give.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Moore was very poor first five mins and shaky after that until half time. Was better second half. Kalas was good at dealing with Matt but thought he didn’t look massively interested and distribution was poor. 

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I think in general don't try to put words in Nige's mouth. Don't answer the question within the question. Let him give you the answer he wants to give, rather than confirm to you the answer that you want him to give.

Would be interesting to hear Nige’s response to another journo from Radio Bristol or Points West because I’ve heard them ask questions in exactly the same manner. 

There is something going n there. This the third thread pointing that out. It’s a bit painful for the supporters, particularly when a journalist asks if there is anything going on with transfers and the manager says I wouldn’t tell you if there was, so it’s a pointless question…..

FFS. I get it. NP is pissed off with his players, but that just smacks of F you MF! 

So now the journo retaliates by rating the manager and giving him 5. 

BP could either get really interesting or really boring in the next few weeks, but giving a journo carte blanche to write what he likes might make life for both of them interesting. 

40 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

He asked a follow up question and got an answer that tells us something: Pearson definitely wasn't happy with Moore's game.

That, in essence, is what you want a reporter to do. Find things out.

If you want to just let Pearson blather on, then you may as well just read out a press release from him.  There will be things he doesn't want to say. Things he'll try to hide, and other things that will be unclear or open to interpretation. 

I don't find much wrong with McGregor's reporting style. 

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

He asked a follow up question and got an answer that tells us something: Pearson definitely wasn't happy with Moore's game.

That, in essence, is what you want a reporter to do. Find things out.

If you want to just let Pearson blather on, then you may as well just read out a press release from him.  There will be things he doesn't want to say. Things he'll try to hide, and other things that will be unclear or open to interpretation. 

I don't find much wrong with McGregor's reporting style. 

I completely agree with your first sentence and most of the rest. 

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I generally don't either. But I have noticed he does sometimes lengthen a question by adding in his own pseudo-answer at the end.

TBH I think Pearson just doesn't like media and would be a challenge for any journalist to deal with. 

8 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

This is the biggest story in football right now. Pearson v McGregor. Watch this one run and run.

I’m starting to find it an intriguing little  sideshow. 
NP has seldom realised that you need to speak to the supporters through the reporter. It’s actually pretty easy if you know what you are doing and can control yourself. He plays the man, though, not the ball. Doesn’t seem able to help himself. 

13 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

TBH I think Pearson just doesn't like media and would be a challenge for any journalist to deal with. 

It's been done to death on other threads so I'll be brief. I don't buy that. Pearson is loquacious almost to the point of being verbose with other journalists, including the in house guys like Barton and even Downsy. He's also spoken in the past about his support for local third-party football journalism. From what I see, read, and hear - there's a specific issue between GM and NP .

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Pearson is loquacious almost to the point of being verbose with other journalists, including the in house guys like Barton and even Downsy. He's also spoken in the past about his support for local third-party football journalism. From what I see, read, and hear - there's a specific issue between GM and NP .

You’re first sentence confirms what Red Robbo was saying……………..:cool2: 

Archived