IGNORED

Joe Williams

James54De

5 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Ah, in an interview, no doubt. Ta. It does seem that Williams is fragile, to say the least.

It's the issue when players are out for a while, can cause a domino effect I.e. another muscle in the same leg to be weakened by inactivity.

It'll likely take a few more sub appearances and increased cardio to get him up to speed. Wouldn't surprise me if he goes back onto preseason workout for a week or two as precautionary.

Sure Rennie will have it in hand. Unlike Hammy Wrecker Rolls. 

For those who haven’t seen it, from the OS

“Joe Williams had to be substituted off in the first half with a tight thigh. Pearson confirmed he has full power but will continue to be looked at. In other news, Antoine Semenyo trained with the squad on Monday, while Callum O’Dowda could be available for Saturday’s trip to Middlesbrough as he recovers well from his knock sustained against Blackpool.”

Perhaps not as bad as first feared.

15 minutes ago, Malago said:

For those who haven’t seen it, from the OS

“Joe Williams had to be substituted off in the first half with a tight thigh. Pearson confirmed he has full power but will continue to be looked at. In other news, Antoine Semenyo trained with the squad on Monday, while Callum O’Dowda could be available for Saturday’s trip to Middlesbrough as he recovers well from his knock sustained against Blackpool.”

Perhaps not as bad as first feared.

Every game Williams is unavailable is bad news given the alternatives which are inferior.

The OS touting the fact Semenyo and O'Dowda might be available as good news just illustrates how mediocre we are. But hey, given the alternatives, I probably will be pleased to see O'Dowda's name on the team-sheet on Saturday - this is what it's come to.   

20 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Every game Williams is unavailable is bad news given the alternatives which are inferior.

The OS touting the fact Semenyo and O'Dowda might be available as good news just illustrates how mediocre we are. But hey, given the alternatives, I probably will be pleased to see O'Dowda's name on the team-sheet on Saturday - this is what it's come to.   

we are yet to be shown williams is any better than the alternatives

4 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Joe Williams is as fragile as…

Let's not give him the sick note tag just yet. He played nearly 100 games in the 3 years before he came here. Looking at the state of our injury record over the last few years it may not be all his fault . He has missed a lot of games, too many, but Holden giving him 2 games in a couple of days was ridiculous . So that's a year out and Pearson was easing all the long term injuries back slowly , it makes sense to get him off at the first sign of anything that felt uncomfortable . 
It may not be anything, it may be precaution what it is at the moment is speculation. 

35 minutes ago, frenchred said:

we are yet to be shown williams is any better than the alternatives

32 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

It's obvious but it needed pointing out.

Yes, we are yet to be shown it.

But the supporters of Bolton and Wigan are not. Which is why we bought him in the first place. Duh!

Based on his performances there, he's better than our alternatives as a partner to James. 

Pearson is asking for energy and aggression above all else. On that basis, Williams pisses all over the alternatives.    

6 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Terrible signing. Bloke is cursed. Will never play more than a handful of games for us a season. 

Is there something wrong here? At Bolton, Barnsley and Wigan he certainly had a good appearance ratio.

Odd how it suddenly changed when he came here?

Real shame, when fit and firing he's a fine player I reckon- a James-Williams midfield axis could be good...

Should we have started him last night or continued to ease him in further?

16 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yes, we are yet to be shown it.

But the supporters of Bolton and Wigan are not. Which is why we bought him in the first place. Duh!

Based on his performances there, he's better than our alternatives as a partner to James. 

Pearson is asking for energy and aggression above all else. On that basis, Williams pisses all over the alternatives.    

and you seen him play for both those clubs did you, i doubt it, just spouting shit!

how would fans of those two clubs know he was better than what WE already had? DUH!

11 minutes ago, frenchred said:

and you seen him play for both those clubs did you, i doubt it, just spouting shit!

how would fans of those two clubs know he was better than what WE already had? DUH!

I have, suspect many others have too.  Some people on here watch a lot of football, not all City related.  One regular poster on here screen records iFollow games to watch back (not me I hasten to add)

Joe Williams has been on the club’s watch list for a while….and hence in a number of our radars for a while.  He almost signed on loan a few seasons back from Everton.

Don’t assume because you know little / nothing about him that others don’t. ??‍♂️

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I have, suspect many others have too.  Some people on here watch a lot of football, not all City related.  One regular poster on here screen records iFollow games to watch back (not me I hasten to add)

Joe Williams has been on the club’s watch list for a while….and hence in a number of our radars for a while.  He almost signed on loan a few seasons back from Everton.

Don’t assume because you know little / nothing about him that others don’t. ??‍♂️

i wat h loads of football on television or i follow however it’s dressed up. don’t make anyone an expert that. you don’t see 3/4 of what’s going on!

2 minutes ago, frenchred said:

i wat h loads of football on television or i follow however it’s dressed up. don’t make anyone an expert that. you don’t see 3/4 of what’s going on!

Let's be honest here. Is Lionel Messi REALLY better than Baz Savage? If we've never seen him in a live game in the stadium, how can we possibly know? 

25 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Christ.

I'm not saying fans of those clubs know he's better than what we have!

I'm saying I saw enough of him playing for those clubs in the Championship to know he's a better partner for Matty James than Nagy, Bakinson, King or Massengo. 

Put it this way, if we signed Harry Kane and I said he's better than any of our strikers before he'd even played a game for us - would your response still be "we are yet to be shown williams kane is any better than the alternatives" or "and you seen him play for both those clubs did you, i doubt it, just spouting shit!" ????

Oh dear. Never mind.    

13 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Do you ever watch a game to watch a specific player, ignoring the rest of the game…because you have an interest in that player?  Whether that be on tv / iFollow or live at a game?

Some of us here do exactly that, and form an opinion on a player from that.

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Christ.

I'm not saying fans of those clubs know he's better than what we have!

I'm saying I saw enough of him playing for those clubs in the Championship to know he's a better partner for Matty James than Nagy, Bakinson, King or Massengo. 

Put it this way, if we signed Harry Kane and I said he's better than any of our strikers before he'd even played a game for us - would your response still be "we are yet to be shown williams kane is any better than the alternatives" or "and you seen him play for both those clubs did you, i doubt it, just spouting shit!" ????

Oh dear. Never mind.    

well early days but as of yet he has shown nothing when he has played. won’t write him off yet but huge improvement needed. Just don’t see how he is so highly rated by some

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Do you ever watch a game to watch a specific player, ignoring the rest of the game…because you have an interest in that player?  Whether that be on tv / iFollow or live at a game?

Some of us here do exactly that, and form an opinion on a player from that.

Yes, even after Joe Morrell has left us!! Sad isn't it ?

Archived