IGNORED

Joe Williams

James54De

18 hours ago, James54De said:

Tight thigh, but able to work it at “full power”. Suggests it is not a major pull, but perhaps he was overly worried. 

Thought it would be a lot worse going by Williams’ reaction when walking off with the physio. He looked distraught and was pulling his shirt up to hide his face

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yes, we are yet to be shown it.

But the supporters of Bolton and Wigan are not. Which is why we bought him in the first place. Duh!

Based on his performances there, he's better than our alternatives as a partner to James. 

Pearson is asking for energy and aggression above all else. On that basis, Williams pisses all over the alternatives.    

I agree, based on his performances for other clubs he's the best partner for James on paper. My only concern is that in the games he has played for city, he's looked solid but unimpressive to me. Needs a solid run in the side before he can be judged one way or the other.

I for one haven't written him off yet, but I'm not putting much expectation on him either.

10 minutes ago, KegCity said:

I agree, based on his performances for other clubs he's the best partner for James on paper. My only concern is that in the games he has played for city, he's looked solid but unimpressive to me. Needs a solid run in the side before he can be judged one way or the other.

I for one haven't written him off yet, but I'm not putting much expectation on him either.

It's difficult , probably a normal fan thing to do as we tend to be very impatient. We've never seen him play fully fit, last year was a right off and he's been eased into the team now, minutes here and there. I really hope it was him coming off as a precaution. I would love to see a fully fit Williams as he seemed like exactly the player we have been missing. 

One thing though, I have a little more confidence in the medical & fitness staff now.

19 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

It's difficult , probably a normal fan thing to do as we tend to be very impatient. We've never seen him play fully fit, last year was a right off and he's been eased into the team now, minutes here and there. I really hope it was him coming off as a precaution. I would love to see a fully fit Williams as he seemed like exactly the player we have been missing. 

One thing though, I have a little more confidence in the medical & fitness staff now.

You say that, but so far 2 competitive games, 2 injuries. Not a great start.

3 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Defo have to blame the medical team for O'Dowda not being able to head a ball straight and getting himself in all kinds of trouble!! 

The last guy got blamed for impact injuries as well? Korey Smith for example.

18 minutes ago, grifty said:

You say that, but so far 2 competitive games, 2 injuries. Not a great start.

Impact injury, COD, and Williams was still coming back after a year out. Hardly the shambles from last year. Plus Pearson and his team seem more interested in the long term.

1 hour ago, mozo said:

One thing I noticed at FGR is he's pretty slow in the tackle; lots of lunges not quite getting to the ball. He looks more of an 'on the ball' player than breaking up the play.

Try watching some of the footage of him at his previous club, playing when fully fit. He was outstanding at recovering possession when his side had lost the ball. Extremely energetic. Give him a chance to get back into shape. He has been out for a very long time. 

7 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I thought he did the right thing initially trying to go across the defender, but he went with his head to bring it down and overran it.

The direction of the header was all wrong imho.  Not sure whether could’ve chested it or not?

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The direction of the header was all wrong imho.  Not sure whether could’ve chested it or not?

Yep, chest all day long. 

Easier said that done but you’d expect a player of his experience to be putting that away.

We seem to have another Liam Walsh scenario here with so many thinking he is the chosen one for us. He isn't boys and girls. He is a fragile china sick note. How much does he cost us per week. How many minutes had he actually played ?

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

We seem to have another Liam Walsh scenario here with so many thinking he is the chosen one for us. He isn't boys and girls. He is a fragile china sick note. How much does he cost us per week. How many minutes had he actually played ?

In all seriousness my biggest concern is that the previous regime have caused long term damage to some of our players.  I really hope not, but if we see the likes of Callum, Martin, Williams, etc, constantly breaking down the fear might be that their careers are over.  I’m not suggesting O’Dowda’s injury on Saturday is related.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

In all seriousness my biggest concern is that the previous regime have caused long term damage to some of our players.  I really hope not, but if we see the likes of Callum, Martin, Williams, etc, constantly breaking down the fear might be that their careers are over.  I’m not suggesting O’Dowda’s injury on Saturday is related.

And conversely it may suit them to get paid for doing a big fat zero. Not saying they do but with some of them it is getting a tad suspicious. I'm not in the managers plans. Covid stuffs up any chance of a lucrative transfer. Stuff it, let's call in sick.

Archived