IGNORED

Taylor Moore - First Under The Bus!

Cardy

• The title was changed to Taylor Moore - First Under The Bus!
8 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Moore isn't good enough

Was a defensive horror show that game

Personally I think he is. However I also think it’s time to move on. Johnson always blamed Moore and Pearson is obviously pissed off. 

I am confident Moore will do well and we need a sell on clause. But time is up unless something changes drastically! 

5 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Yep - he will be one that goes before the Transfer Window closes

Good - he has clearly not been good enough for this level for a long time. Wish him well but we really need to keep the cull of this squad going while trying to bring in quality on a shoestring 

NP picked a team of players that included a few that cost 1million pounds plus, international euro players and some of our best youngsters we have.

With NP NOW RETURNING W2 D4 AND LOST 10 games maybe he should ask himself who is picking, training these players and who should be really carrying the can. Re Nagy; did he not say he would only pick players who wanted to be here and re; Wells should have gave him away and kept Fammy.

Many have put huge faith/hope in returning injured players and NP history at another club, reality is niether seem good enough atm. NP paid the price for not playing the best players we have last night.

2 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

NP picked a team of players that included a few that cost 1million pounds plus, international euro players and some of our best youngsters we have.

With NP NOW RETURNING W2 D4 AND LOST 10 games maybe he should ask himself who is picking, training these players and who should be really carrying the can. Re Nagy; did he not say he would only pick players who wanted to be here and re; Wells should have gave him away and kept Fammy.

Many have put huge faith/hope in returning injured players and NP history at another club, reality is niether seem good enough atm. NP paid the price for not playing the best players we have last night.

Fair point re Nagy - why pick him over Bakinson? Seemed bizarre.

7 hours ago, Cardy said:

Maybe NP is trying to fire the lad up . It is surely SOB for the player this season.

He seems a lovely lad who wouldn’t trouble any opposition forward unnecessarily.

He needs a bit of edge to him.

Taylor Moore has been given countless chances as his 48 league appearances show & is now close to mid-twenties & has never shown he has consistently  been able to learn from previous mistakes. Thought it was a risk giving him a longer contract last season after 2 or 3 ok games. Would definately get rid.

Unfortunately Taylor Moore is the epitome of the kind of player we recruited (and kept!) who’s been unable to positively effect the team for a number of seasons. Yes he’s a nice lad, but so am I, and I’m not good enough to be a consistent championship CB either. 

I don’t follow any other championship teams closely enough to see if they offer new contracts to players who do not remotely impact the first team on the basis they may well one day come good. It’s completely symptomatic of the soft underbelly and cosy club that city has become, and if it takes Pearson to bluntly call that out then so be it. He’s hardly thrown him under the bus, he’s given him and the other players a rocket, making it clear his level of expectation and I’ve no problem with that. 

He’s inherited an absolute mess, on and off the pitch. If we are serious about wanting him to use all his experience to arrest our rapid decline and turn things around then he needs time and our support. He’s going to have to ruffle a few feathers to get there. 

As for GMcG, I like the guy, and I think he largely does a good job. But rating the manager performance and asking dead-end questions to Pearson who hates media duties and who will clearly be annoyed by the defeat will do him no favours. Imagine you being rated at your job, and publicly, by someone who had absolutely zero experience of what it’s like to do your role. Wouldn’t sit well would it. 

4 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Taylor Moore knows himself that he is finished at the club & no longer wanted. As soon as anyone makes a bid he will be off & wouldn’t be surprised if he was loaned out again to just get him out of the building. 

Maybe but we would need a 4th centre back to come in so I’m not hugely convinced he will be off 

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Moore isn't good enough and a massive waste of money,

Which is something many of us have known on here for a while.. how the boy get a new contract is beggars belief and as you said yet more money being tied up on an individual who isn’t good enough.

I personally didn't notice Moore being any worse than Kalas. Did anyone else at the game see a difference?

That's the key thing here. The first goal was on his side, the second was on the Kalas/Simpson side.

Criticism has to be fair. Maybe it was but I didn't notice whatever NP has seen. 

Equally, praise has to be fair too and to put Janneh back in his box after he was clearly the brightest player on the pitch and scored with two good goals makes no sense to me.

We have one striker at this club that looks dangerous and he doesn't even get a well done for extra motivation.

Surely Pearson could be more constructive with the things he says in public?

5 minutes ago, bris red said:

Which is something many of us have known on here for a while.. how the boy get a new contract is beggars belief and as you said yet more money being tied up on an individual who isn’t good enough.

Didn't he play in our opening fixtures last season when we couldn't stop winning? That's when we extended his contract, he can play well but makes too many unforced errors under pressure.

8 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Didn't he play in our opening fixtures last season when we couldn't stop winning? That's when we extended his contract, he can play well but makes too many unforced errors under pressure.

Yeah it was around that time. Another one of Mark Ashton’s masterstrokes..

2 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Yep and think that was off the back of playing in a 3 where I think he is ok. Don’t think he will ever have the attributes to play in a 2 in England. Especially for a side like us who will concede possession to be solid. Think he could maybe make the step up in a 3 if he dropped a division and was promoted with someone. 

Bit harsh to throw him under the bus but Gregor didn’t really help the situation with the question. I haven’t seen the interview but read it. You can see the difference in answers when he asks better questions. 

Shame we couldn’t go through tonight as it would have been good minutes for some. Maybe would have been a chance to see Cundy but be hard for him now. 90 min for Kalas and Massengo is positive. Useful night but city have got to focus more in these late game situations. 

Archived