IGNORED

Taylor Moore - First Under The Bus!

Cardy

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Maybe but we would need a 4th centre back to come in so I’m not hugely convinced he will be off 

I would expect Cundy to be that 4th CB given he won’t be fit until after the window shuts so will be staying, with Vyner also an option. 

I feel there's a bit of an overreaction to Pearson's comments. 

He was asked about how he felt the Centre Backs performed, and he stated that he felt Kalas played well. 

Gregor was the one to prompt the response about Moore. 

Pearson's response was again clear, he felt Kalas performed well. 

He didn't single Moore out in any way. In fact, Gregor was the one to do so. 

Moore seems like a great guy, who is polite and respectful. However, from a playing point of view, he hasn't taken his opportunities when presented with them. 

He signed 5 years ago, and is still 4th choice. He was the England youth team captain when he signed and simply hasn't fulfilled his potential. 

He's a player that you really want to see do well because he comes across as a likeable character. However, after being here for 5 years, it seems abit too comfortable. I believe a move away would do him the world of good and he may push for a starting place at another club, but I feel he will have to drop down to League One to do so.  

In regards to the squad as a whole, Pearson wants players to stand up and be counted, and anyone not up to the task will be moved on. 

We need to generate funds for new players, and some seem to be making Pearson's decision much easier, whether that be with their performances or their mentality (Nagy asking to leave etc.). 

We are still very much in a transitional phase, and the re-build is far from complete. We still require a mass overhaul of this squad in order to compete, and it won't happen overnight.

There are times when Pearson's comments can come across as arrogant or rude, but I actually appreciate the openness and honesty. We have been fed lies and false hopes in years gone by from the likes of Johnson and Ashton. 

Performances and results obviously need to improve, but we must still remember that Pearson will not play nice all the time, nor should he have to in order to complete the project he has been tasked with. 

24 minutes ago, Dredd said:

I would expect Cundy to be that 4th CB given he won’t be fit until after the window shuts so will be staying, with Vyner also an option. 

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Cundy?

No idea on cundy’s level so hard to give an opinion. If he’s a lot worse than Moore then we are just weakening our squad 

3 hours ago, glos old boy said:

NP picked a team of players that included a few that cost 1million pounds plus, international euro players and some of our best youngsters we have.

With NP NOW RETURNING W2 D4 AND LOST 10 games maybe he should ask himself who is picking, training these players and who should be really carrying the can. Re Nagy; did he not say he would only pick players who wanted to be here and re; Wells should have gave him away and kept Fammy.

Many have put huge faith/hope in returning injured players and NP history at another club, reality is niether seem good enough atm. NP paid the price for not playing the best players we have last night.

Last night’s game was a draw, so as you are (deliberately) excluding Boro, it is 2,5,9.

Hard to take a post seriously though which suggests we should have “given Wells away” (because that’s exactly how transfers work, isn’t it?) & kept Famara, who apart from phoning it in after Xmas, clearly didn’t want to stay anyway.

We are in a tough place, Pearson hasn’t got everything right (who does?) but I guess you are suggesting he’s to blame for where we are, which seeing the hospital pass that Ashton & LJ left him, is just nonsense.

Happy to see where we are 15 games in, but as others have said, his hands are tied & it will be a bumpy ride at times. 

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

No idea on cundy’s level so hard to give an opinion. If he’s a lot worse than Moore then we are just weakening our squad 

Pearson went out of his way to praise Kalas last night, so assuming he stays (he will definitely be replaced if he doesn’t) either Cundy or Moore would be 4th choice.

Based on observations so far Moore’s time is up unless we get an injury crisis, so I don’t agree we are weakening the squad by moving on someone not rated who hasn’t broken through by now.

Vyner is another option in those circumstances (though that does mean Simpson at RB) for me Zak is a far better CB than Moore, anyway.

1 hour ago, Shuffle said:

Taylor Moore knows himself that he is finished at the club & no longer wanted. As soon as anyone makes a bid he will be off & wouldn’t be surprised if he was loaned out again to just get him out of the building. 

Sounds like you have some insight??? ?

FWIW, we have what looks to be 3 “proper” quality CBs in Baker, Kalas and Atkinson (limited viewing, one league game, a few friendlies and a fair bit of video / tv).  They are imho way better than Moore.  Moore is ok, nothing more (no pun).  You wouldn’t want to rely on him for 35+ games, but he is ok to cover odd games.  We cannot afford to bring in a 4th CB of the quality of the other 3, so either we gamble on getting rid of Moore and hope 3 is enough with Cundy (when fit) being the cover, or Vyner, which means we only have 1 RB (Simpson), or he hangs around.  I suspect Nige will take that gamble and he’d play someone out of position at RB if need be.

3 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Pearson has been honest with his answers. May come across petulant but he’s straight talking. The same people would be moaning if he danced around questions. 

Some may say it's straight talking............but I can imagine that his Grouchy, aloof persona could become wearing over time?   But then again if he delivers on the pitch, he can take up yodelling at he end of matches, if  he wants, but rather  like Taylor Moore, he is Not yet delivering is he?   PS  Glad to hear him praise Tomas.      

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Pearson went out of his way to praise Kalas last night, so assuming he stays (he will definitely be replaced if he doesn’t) either Cundy or Moore would be 4th choice.

Based on observations so far Moore’s time is up unless we get an injury crisis, so I don’t agree we are weakening the squad by moving on someone not rated who hasn’t broken through by now.

Vyner is another option in those circumstances (though that does mean Simpson at RB) for me Zak is a far better CB than Moore, anyway.

Without knowing how good Cundy it’s impossible to say if we are weakening it. We would be one injury away from Cundy being 3rd choice or only having one right back if you would prefer Vyner.  

5 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Yes JD he was at right back a lot , it was not the pace that let him down, but application and commitment. He was powder puff. Second in every battle. His passing was ok but his defensive skills way off. As I say, he improved a lot at Southend (that would suit him now ). I also think , for attitude/vibe reasons Nagy/Wells and Bakinson could be out too. 

On Bakinson I thought it was very strange that he played Nagy who openly wants to leave over him. Didn’t get that at all

16 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Without knowing how good Cundy it’s impossible to say if we are weakening it. We would be one injury away from Cundy being 3rd choice or only having one right back if you would prefer Vyner.  

Yep, none of us know whether Cundy is good enough at this level or not.  What we do know is that Cundy is superior aerially and more physical than Moore.

What we can speculate is that Cundy is probably more of the type of CB Nige wants.  When discussing Atkinson he said (paraphrased) “did you see him defend, puts his foot through the ball when he has to”, reflecting the basic values of being a defender are the most important.

But we also know Nige has never seen him play, so we have no idea whether he thinks he is good enough.

With Moore on the way out and Cundy an unknown, I genuinely do not see Kalas going anywhere, unless it’s serious money, PL money!

@billywedlock you mentioned Wells in attitude / vibe above….he was made captain last night, Owers thought he had a good game, etc.  Do you really see him being moved on for those reasons?  I could understand moved on to facilitate signing something “better” (more suitable / younger / etc).

11 hours ago, Cardy said:

Can’t see the problem tbh.  He didn’t comment on TM, though his reaction obviously inferred he didn’t play well.

Would you rather he lied and said he was good if he wasn’t?

We’ve been crying out for ages for some honesty and then people start moaning when we actually get it!

16 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Can’t see the problem tbh.  He didn’t comment on TM, though his reaction obviously inferred he didn’t play well.

Would you rather he lied and said he was good if he wasn’t?

We’ve been crying out for ages for some honesty and then people start moaning when we actually get it!

Totally agree. 

2 hours ago, mozo said:

I personally didn't notice Moore being any worse than Kalas. Did anyone else at the game see a difference?

That's the key thing here. The first goal was on his side, the second was on the Kalas/Simpson side.

Criticism has to be fair. Maybe it was but I didn't notice whatever NP has seen. 

Equally, praise has to be fair too and to put Janneh back in his box after he was clearly the brightest player on the pitch and scored with two good goals makes no sense to me.

We have one striker at this club that looks dangerous and he doesn't even get a well done for extra motivation.

Surely Pearson could be more constructive with the things he says in public?

I wonder if it boils down to a lack of experience\know how\naivety from Janneh? Yes, he's scored two goals, but ultimately it led to us going out of the cup. Could it be that when Janneh booted the ball from our own area to try and score over the keeper, NP would've preferred us to play out properly by maintaining possession, and working our way up the field to take the sting out of things, but instead Janneh gave the ball away that allowed FGR to sustain another attack that they eventually scored from, which as I said, ultimately cost us the match.

I suspect NP does want to praise Janneh for the good things, but equally he's trying to instil professionalism into our game, and if he hurts a few peoples feelings along the way, then so be it.

29 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I don't think Bakinson has a future with us . He does not have the right application/vibe for a NP ( Or SC or GJ for that matter ) team IMHO. 

He scores some goals though. Same number last season as Chris Martin. 

Wonder if Taylor Moore’s comment on Joe Morrell’s move to Portsmouth was ‘a come and get me’ type tweet.

I think he’s a wonderful, hard-working chap and would be proud to have him as my son.

I’ve no doubt he graduated from  Mark Ashton’s ‘good human’ test with honours, indeed, probably top marks ever.

However, you’ve got to dominate your opponent, even if they’re nasty thugs. You’ve got to distribute the ball with great care and guile. Both those tests, currently, he fails at. The second test I’d give some latitude on as his team mates are such a shambles, often there is no outball to play. The first though, he should be passing by now.

2 hours ago, mozo said:

I personally didn't notice Moore being any worse than Kalas. Did anyone else at the game see a difference?

That's the key thing here. The first goal was on his side, the second was on the Kalas/Simpson side.

Criticism has to be fair. Maybe it was but I didn't notice whatever NP has seen. 

Equally, praise has to be fair too and to put Janneh back in his box after he was clearly the brightest player on the pitch and scored with two good goals makes no sense to me.

We have one striker at this club that looks dangerous and he doesn't even get a well done for extra motivation.

Surely Pearson could be more constructive with the things he says in public?

To me Moore was bullied from the first minute by their big striker, i don't think he fancied it at all. i don't think Kalas was perfect by any means but from sat in the stand  it seemed Kalas won most of his headers and made some good covering tackles covering Simpson.

Taylor seems to nervous so worried about making a mistake that every ball he plays is ultra safe, or if any forward gets near him he just lumps it forward.

He probably has more natural ability than Baker but he just isn't going to clatter anyone it's just not in him.

Shame really as has been said a here a lot nice lad but he's no way going to cut it at this level imo.

2 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I feel there's a bit of an overreaction to Pearson's comments. 

He was asked about how he felt the Centre Backs performed, and he stated that he felt Kalas played well. 

Gregor was the one to prompt the response about Moore. 

Pearson's response was again clear, he felt Kalas performed well. 

He didn't single Moore out in any way. In fact, Gregor was the one to do so. 

Moore seems like a great guy, who is polite and respectful. However, from a playing point of view, he hasn't taken his opportunities when presented with them. 

He signed 5 years ago, and is still 4th choice. He was the England youth team captain when he signed and simply hasn't fulfilled his potential. 

He's a player that you really want to see do well because he comes across as a likeable character. However, after being here for 5 years, it seems abit too comfortable. I believe a move away would do him the world of good and he may push for a starting place at another club, but I feel he will have to drop down to League One to do so.  

In regards to the squad as a whole, Pearson wants players to stand up and be counted, and anyone not up to the task will be moved on. 

We need to generate funds for new players, and some seem to be making Pearson's decision much easier, whether that be with their performances or their mentality (Nagy asking to leave etc.). 

We are still very much in a transitional phase, and the re-build is far from complete. We still require a mass overhaul of this squad in order to compete, and it won't happen overnight.

There are times when Pearson's comments can come across as arrogant or rude, but I actually appreciate the openness and honesty. We have been fed lies and false hopes in years gone by from the likes of Johnson and Ashton. 

Performances and results obviously need to improve, but we must still remember that Pearson will not play nice all the time, nor should he have to in order to complete the project he has been tasked with. 

Great post. Remember though nice words do not bring wins or three points

5 hours ago, deadredfred said:

Unfortunately Taylor Moore is the epitome of the kind of player we recruited (and kept!) who’s been unable to positively effect the team for a number of seasons. Yes he’s a nice lad, but so am I, and I’m not good enough to be a consistent championship CB either. 

I don’t follow any other championship teams closely enough to see if they offer new contracts to players who do not remotely impact the first team on the basis they may well one day come good. It’s completely symptomatic of the soft underbelly and cosy club that city has become, and if it takes Pearson to bluntly call that out then so be it. He’s hardly thrown him under the bus, he’s given him and the other players a rocket, making it clear his level of expectation and I’ve no problem with that. 

He’s inherited an absolute mess, on and off the pitch. If we are serious about wanting him to use all his experience to arrest our rapid decline and turn things around then he needs time and our support. He’s going to have to ruffle a few feathers to get there. 

As for GMcG, I like the guy, and I think he largely does a good job. But rating the manager performance and asking dead-end questions to Pearson who hates media duties and who will clearly be annoyed by the defeat will do him no favours. Imagine you being rated at your job, and publicly, by someone who had absolutely zero experience of what it’s like to do your role. Wouldn’t sit well would it. 

The club is in/has been in an absolute dog shite mess and will take NP/anyone else a year or three to turn it around.

9 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Watch the highlights and before their equaliser , how Moore was pushed away on 2 maybe 3 occasions. Not by a little, a lot. Pushed out of the way.  The player then receives the ball, close to goal, Moore does not compete, and player sets up the goalscorer. Pretty sure that passage of play will have been in the managers mind. 

I agree that the 2nd goal demonstrated that Moore is just too nice and not ruthless enough to compete. Matt literally threw him like a rag doll and then he didn’t react to the header and allowed the lay off. If you look at both his and Kalas positions why on earth are we so deep and why the FGR player have a free header from cross?  The irony is that TM has been working privately to toughen himself up but last night demonstrated it hasn’t been effective.

9 hours ago, glos old boy said:

NP picked a team of players that included a few that cost 1million pounds plus, international euro players and some of our best youngsters we have.

With NP NOW RETURNING W2 D4 AND LOST 10 games maybe he should ask himself who is picking, training these players and who should be really carrying the can. Re Nagy; did he not say he would only pick players who wanted to be here and re; Wells should have gave him away and kept Fammy.

Many have put huge faith/hope in returning injured players and NP history at another club, reality is niether seem good enough atm. NP paid the price for not playing the best players we have last night.

Do you have anyone in mind who you think might be better placed to work with the playing squad as is?

If so, why would said person be more suited to getting the best out of this group? 

Genuinely interested in your thoughts, but PLEASE don't mention Appleton.

5 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

Do you have anyone in mind who you think might be better placed to work with the playing squad as is?

If so, why would said person be more suited to getting the best out of this group? 

Genuinely interested in your thoughts, but PLEASE don't mention Appleton.

Playing Devil’s advocate, I think Appleton is tarred from working under Ashton. But actually he’s done better since he went elsewhere.  Maybe Ashton held him back / forced his ideas on him?

Archived