IGNORED

Anyone try the grub at the New Lawn tonight?

WessexPest

7 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

As a vegan myself (since Jan. 2019), just curious if anyone had any food tonight at the game and, if so, what was your impression?

Ta.

Apart from the 25 minute queue to get food, it was very nice. Tried some of the pie and burger and both tasty and good quality.  Better than ashton gate food for sure. 

The less said about the city fan slagging off the ‘vegan chips’ the better 

30 minutes ago, collier said:

Yea I got a lovely shower of what looked like flaky pasty and a handful of chips when we scored. Couldn't tell you what they tasted like sorry as my hair don't have taste buds!!!

Well I’m still envious - would that I had this “hair” you speak of…

I have to say it was a very disappointing experience last night from all the good things I’d heard 

Got to the ground quite early, no where on the outside of the  ground open to away fans to even get a drink of water let alone a beer, got in the ground and the queue for food did not move for 25 mins so i gave up to watch the game. 

I’m fairly sure the local premier shop i eventually went to to get a drink had a good night though ?

10 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I have to say it was a very disappointing experience last night from all the good things I’d heard 

Got to the ground quite early, no where on the outside of the  ground open to away fans to even get a drink of water let alone a beer, got in the ground and the queue for food did not move for 25 mins so i gave up to watch the game. 

I’m fairly sure the local premier shop i eventually went to to get a drink had a good night though ?

Forest Green certainly missed out on a bit of cash last night. Got to the ground about 6-30 after parking in the school for free. Behind the stand we walked behind there was plenty of room to have a couple temporary cabins to serve food and drinks. But absolutely nothing was available outside. 2 turnstiles to get through crammed around the corner. Strangest thing about it all got in the ground about 7 and watched 2 pricks in the stand to our left start fighting with the stewards and the younger lad trying to right hook a female steward. 

The quicker Forest Green move to their new ground the better 

I think the thing is that FGR weren’t set up for that many away fans, in virtually every format. Road infrastructure round the ground is poor but that’s not necessarily their fault - however taking things one by one:

- The parking was £5. However there were no facilities to pay at the school and you had to go to the ticket office. They took the money but didn’t take car reg, give you something to display etc - in effect you could park for gratis if not honest

- Nowhere, as said, for away fans to get a drink/food outside the ground - weren’t allowed in the green man even just to grab and go. As the town is 15 minutes down a steep hill, that forced people in early and put pressure on inside the ground

- One food kiosk for an entire ground side. Queue system poor and you had to queue in front of people trying to watch the game

- Think they had too many in the away end. It was safe, but the “bank” of the terrace meant about 20% of people could barely see. They kept the front clear as a walkway and should have used that (it had barriers for such usage as a steward advised me). Was lucky enough to be in the covered (!) terrace and had plenty of space but those on uncovered had a crap view

- Food queue was indeed 25 minutes. My son thought his vegan nuggets were horrible, but my vegan curry pasty was damn nice, as was the chips and gravy

- Finally, don’t think the “slaughter count up” advertising works as intended. People round me were just using it to guess how many pigs would be killed and cheering as they got closer…

In summary, they’re not set up for big visiting followings. God knows what they’ll do when Rovers arrive as we know they’ll bring hordes….

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I wonder if a vegetarian or vegan has ever been asked what would happen to all the animals if everyone adopted their diet options?

Yawn. Yes people have asked that question before.  This is a very informative article that covers the answer and many other things about veganism.  In summary, the positives to everyone becoming vegan are numerous 

https://www.veganfoodandliving.com/features/what-would-happen-if-the-world-went-vegan/

6 hours ago, WessexPest said:

As a vegan myself (since Jan. 2019), just curious if anyone had any food tonight at the game and, if so, what was your impression?

Ta.

Been to the New Lawn a few times. The food is brilliant and far better than your typical football grub. Is it better than a gourmet burger? No, but for football it's top notch

Tried going vegetarian for 6 months, it was ok. Left me feeling still hungry at the end of a meal though. 

Can’t agree with veganism though. Just my personal opinion, and I’d likely have had food elsewhere before the game had I gone last night. If people wanted the vegan food then fair play to them. 

Different strokes for different folks. 

17 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Yawn. Yes people have asked that question before.  This is a very informative article that covers the answer and many other things about veganism.  In summary, the positives to everyone becoming vegan are numerous 

https://www.veganfoodandliving.com/features/what-would-happen-if-the-world-went-vegan/

Written by a vegan no doubt………….:cool2:

20 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

You can either be flippant or read it to learn. You asked the question remember. 

There must be a counter argument but no carnivore can be arsed to write it. 

Veggies are against slaughtering animals for food and I have no problem with that but if everyone adopted a veggie lifestyle that would mean culling pigs, sheep, cattle, chickens et el or allowing them to die naturally and eventually becoming  extinct as why would farmers continue would breed them?

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Veggies are against slaughtering animals for food and I have no problem with that but if everyone adopted a veggie lifestyle that would mean culling pigs, sheep, cattle, chickens et el or allowing them to die naturally and eventually becoming  extinct as why would farmers continue would breed them?

I’m no vegetarian/ vegan but a lot of it is to do with the environment as well, not just the slaughtering of animals.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Because carnivores are lazy from all the meat. No vegan expects 100% world wide veganism so your whataboutery text isn’t relevant 

2 minutes ago, super slick said:

I’m no vegetarian/ vegan but a lot of it is to do with the environment as well, not just the slaughtering of animals.

Absolutely. As the article says. Can’t imagine Robbored will read it though! 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I’ve always wondered that. Would cows be allowed to roam freely in the wild? Not just in the short term but in the long term. Where would they go?

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I’ve always wondered that. Would cows be allowed to roam freely in the wild? Not just in the short term but in the long term. Where would they go?

There’d be no farmers to milk them either…….they’d all be forced to grow crops.

13 minutes ago, Selred said:

And the fish in the sea..

I think there would be more consequences than they perceive. Probably something they haven’t considered. Natural disasters, crop failure, pests. Nature is all about balance…

*Is this why Bill Gates has bought 269,000 acres of farmland? 

Vegan pasty was decent to be fair, no idea what they use to make the pastry edible but it was greenish, filling was good as you can imagine lots of chickpeas in there but the Source was nice like a sweet curry (but maybe I just think everything that use herbs and spices is curry because I know no better).

I once went vegan for a month to see what is was about but I don't feel comfortable now being pushed into it by billionaires. FGR's food is definitely a great advertisement for vegan meals every now and again but I can't see myself pissing about trying to make a plant based pastry anytime soon, far too much time and skill required for me.

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I read some of it but soon realised that the article is completely lop sided and therefore I abandoned it.

I'm not a vegan, but I believe in science. The Cambridge University has conducted large scale research that has concluded that meat and dairy consumption is having a catastrophic effect on the planet and our nutrition. 

Maybe we should thank vegans for tilting the balance a bit, do you agree Robbored? Or don't you agree with leading scientists at leading universities?

All the research is out there if you want to find it, but I suspect you'd rather not challenge your own assumptions. 

Regards the culling dilemma (which is totally hypothetical because it will never happen), it sounds like a straw man argument to divert from the real issues.

I didn't try the food though or even notice the information people are referring to. 

Just now, mozo said:

I'm not a vegan, but I believe in science. The Cambridge University has conducted large scale research that has concluded that meat and dairy consumption is having a catastrophic effect on the planet and our nutrition. 

Maybe we should thank vegans for tilting the balance a bit, do you agree Robbored? Or don't you agree with leading scientists at leading universities?

All the research is out there if you want to find it, but I suspect you'd rather not challenge your own assumptions. 

Regards the culling dilemma (which is totally hypothetical because it will never happen), it sounds like a straw man argument to divert from the real issues.

I didn't try the food though or even notice the information people are referring to. 

I don’t know how much livestock there is in the world but if it’s not going to be utilised it has to go somewhere. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to question their fate. Surely vegetarians and vegans would care about their welfare?

Farming is a business, farmers aren’t going to just stop producing one day and leave them in the fields. 

10 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I don’t know how much livestock there is in the world but if it’s not going to be utilised it has to go somewhere. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to question their fate. Surely vegetarians and vegans would care about their welfare?

Farming is a business, farmers aren’t going to just stop producing one day and leave them in the fields. 

I think what you have to consider is that a lot of livestock is aggressively farmed and bred for that purpose - think of battery hens etc. If you’re not aggressively breeding for slaughter, then the number of chickens and cows etc will go down as opposed to up. Look at it this way - if you’re a bull locked in a room with five females and have nothing else to do, you’re impregnating them pretty quick. If you’re roaming more free and are kept more apart from at least four of those females, naturally you have less calves.

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

I think what you have to consider is that a lot of livestock is aggressively farmed and bred for that purpose - think of battery hens etc. If you’re not aggressively breeding for slaughter, then the number of chickens and cows etc will go down as opposed to up. Look at it this way - if you’re a bull locked in a room with five females and have nothing else to do, you’re impregnating them pretty quick. If you’re roaming more free and are kept more apart from at least four of those females, naturally you have less calves.

Yes, but what happens to all those battery hens, cows, etc that are intensively farmed? Will they just be let out into the wild?
Where will these animals roam when they are free? Dartmoor? Will they be like New Forest ponies? 
yes there will be less in the long run but what will happen in the short term?

Archived