IGNORED

Anyone try the grub at the New Lawn tonight?

WessexPest

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Yes, but what happens to all those battery hens, cows, etc that are intensively farmed? Will they just be let out into the wild?
Where will these animals roam when they are free? Dartmoor? Will they be like New Forest ponies? 
yes there will be less in the long run but what will happen in the short term?

I assume it wouldn't be a literal one day switch, so they'd gradually stop being bred as demand decreased.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I wonder if a vegetarian or vegan has ever been asked what would happen to all the animals if everyone adopted their diet options?

Livestock wouldn't survive long. Decreased co2 from all the cow shite, which is great. Less farmland, more housing. Less obesity. Produce prices would drastically change. Fish population would rise. 

Just what pops into my head first. 

25 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Vegan pasty was decent to be fair, no idea what they use to make the pastry edible but it was greenish, filling was good as you can imagine lots of chickpeas in there but the Source was nice like a sweet curry (but maybe I just think everything that use herbs and spices is curry because I know no better).

I once went vegan for a month to see what is was about but I don't feel comfortable now being pushed into it by billionaires. FGR's food is definitely a great advertisement for vegan meals every now and again but I can't see myself pissing about trying to make a plant based pastry anytime soon, far too much time and skill required for me.

I had what was down on the board as the seasonal pasty too, it was very tasty and well worth the money. I'm not a vegan or a vegetarian by any means, I like my meat, but good tasty food is good tasty food whatever it consists of. 

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I assume it wouldn't be a literal one day switch, so they'd gradually stop being bred as demand decreased.

I suppose it would depend on each farmer ?‍? as they would have their own business to consider. Livestock is expensive, a bit like letting Fammy go on a free…

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

There must be a counter argument but no carnivore can be arsed to write it. 

Veggies are against slaughtering animals for food and I have no problem with that but if everyone adopted a veggie lifestyle that would mean culling pigs, sheep, cattle, chickens et el or allowing them to die naturally and eventually becoming  extinct as why would farmers continue would breed them?

Governments including the UK's give money to farmers to preserve rare breeds (the ones we do not eat anynore) and their gene pools. Letting sub species of species die out would be natural as many are the result of mans intervention into nature.

I wonder if a vegetarian or vegan has ever been asked what would happen to all the animals if everyone adopted their diet options?

As normal you just don't get it do you?   That is such an  archaic   viewpoint?     The process is gradual, rather like when the car was invented, it gradually took over as a means of transport instead of horses, and then gradually electric cars will take over from fossil fuel vehicles.   It is rather like how soya, coconut, and oat milk alternatives are taking over from dairy milk as an option.

Nothing happens  overnight (Apart from City conceding last minute goals?)....peoples tastes gradually percolate through society, and change then takes place over time.  

Veggies are against slaughtering animals for food and I have no problem with that but if everyone adopted a veggie lifestyle that would mean culling pigs, sheep, cattle, chickens et el or allowing them to die naturally and eventually becoming  extinct as why would farmers continue would breed them?

You really have no idea do you?.............   of an original nature

? 

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I’ve always wondered that. Would cows be allowed to roam freely in the wild? Not just in the short term but in the long term. Where would they go?

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

There’d be no farmers to milk them either…….they’d all be forced to grow crops.

How would cows grow crops? 

Seriously, animals are bred for meat/milk in vast numbers. Just leaving them to live naturally would over time reduce their population. And apparently greenhouse gasses too. I guess left to themselves all animals would become extinct, or , possibly live like other animals left in the wild. Difficult to put the Genie back in the bottle, but to imply that animals only survive because we eat them is an unusual point of view.

Such caveman views in this thread for you "carnivores". I love meat, but the world production of it is unsustainable from an environmental perspective. Meat will become expensive, and we will all have to get used to meat free days. Im currently doing 2/5 days meat free and its fairly easy once you get into it.

Don’t want to intrude on the definitely never boring running theme that is Robbored shitting himself for attention, but the whole thing last night was a disaster.

I can’t comment on the food as I couldn’t be bothered to stand in a queue for half an hour, but the place is quite clearly not capable of holding a game with that many people, still least I was one of the ‘lucky’ ones that got to see the pitch.

10 hours ago, WessexPest said:

As a vegan myself (since Jan. 2019), just curious if anyone had any food tonight at the game and, if so, what was your impression?

Ta.

Oh and you were not there to watch the football. Do we need food critics now as well as a center forward.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Indeed, they wouldn’t even be born. Similar to male cattle I think, farmers only need a few for breeding (with cows..) so they get culled very young. 

If all livestock were removed from the countryside the landscape would look very different indeed, no fields nicely shorn by grazing animals, probably just left to go wild or be built on?

Once the XR animal rights type undemocratically force us to abandon meat then they’ll have to try to persuade the lions, tigers and crocs in Africa etc to do the same, that’ll be an interesting watch ?

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

An enlightening thread. There are actually people who think that one day there might just be loads of animals roaming around as they wouldn’t have been killed to consume! Some pretty basic level thinking 

Nah Robbo is cooking one of these. Steak, onions, olives, cheese, more steak and steak Source.

Image result for Steak Sandwiches. Size: 237 x 160. Source: tellerabgeleckt.de

25 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

Indeed, they wouldn’t even be born. Similar to male cattle I think, farmers only need a few for breeding (with cows..) so they get culled very young. 

If all livestock were removed from the countryside the landscape would look very different indeed, no fields nicely shorn by grazing animals, probably just left to go wild or be built on?

Once the XR animal rights type undemocratically force us to abandon meat then they’ll have to try to persuade the lions, tigers and crocs in Africa etc to do the same, that’ll be an interesting watch ?

Lions and Tigers don’t consume 300,000 cows, 1 million pigs and 1.2 million sheep each month, as the UK population does.

Another note, Tigers don’t live in Africa. Probably shouldn’t be so arrogant if you don’t have a ******* clue on the subject. 

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Reminds me of the roast beef baguette with homemade horseradish from The Orchard. ?

This might upset a few but the best burger is a fresh Roo one. Now and again my mates bring one home and the best bit is the leg as we live south of Perth and the buggers are a bloody road hazard.

The meat needs to be minced with some herbs, garlic, salt and pepper. The longer you can keep it outside before putting it on the BBQ the better. 

Some like it also with a runny egg (free range of course) a bit of cheese and a few pieces of lettuce washed down with cider or my favorite red wine.

Oh the younger Skippies are the best as well as they are a bit leaner and easier to butcher appropiately.

They also make good snags as well.

Image result for kangaroo burger pictures

5 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Forest Green certainly missed out on a bit of cash last night. Got to the ground about 6-30 after parking in the school for free. Behind the stand we walked behind there was plenty of room to have a couple temporary cabins to serve food and drinks. But absolutely nothing was available outside. 2 turnstiles to get through crammed around the corner. Strangest thing about it all got in the ground about 7 and watched 2 pricks in the stand to our left start fighting with the stewards and the younger lad trying to right hook a female steward. 

The quicker Forest Green move to their new ground the better 

I must have been stood next to you as saw the same issue with the two people fighting . That was very random 

3 minutes ago, City oz said:

This might upset a few but the best burger is a fresh Roo one. Now and again my mates bring one home and the best bit is the leg as we live south of Perth and the buggers are a bloody road hazard.

The meat needs to be minced with some herbs, garlic, salt and pepper. The longer you can keep it outside before putting it on the BBQ the better. 

Some like it also with a runny egg (free range of course) a bit of cheese and a few pieces of lettuce washed down with cider or my favorite red wine.

Oh the younger Skippies are the best as well as they are a bit leaner and easier to butcher appropiately.

They also make good snags as well.

Image result for kangaroo burger pictures

Sounds nice! Haven’t ever eaten kangaroo 

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

An enlightening thread. There are actually people who think that one day there might just be loads of animals roaming around as they wouldn’t have been killed to consume! Some pretty basic level thinking 

Depends which country you live in

Archived