IGNORED

Anyone try the grub at the New Lawn tonight?

WessexPest

11 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Such caveman views in this thread for you "carnivores". I love meat, but the world production of it is unsustainable from an environmental perspective. Meat will become expensive, and we will all have to get used to meat free days. Im currently doing 2/5 days meat free and its fairly easy once you get into it.

It’s not if you don’t like fruit or veg! 

9 hours ago, City oz said:

This might upset a few but the best burger is a fresh Roo one. Now and again my mates bring one home and the best bit is the leg as we live south of Perth and the buggers are a bloody road hazard.

The meat needs to be minced with some herbs, garlic, salt and pepper. The longer you can keep it outside before putting it on the BBQ the better. 

Some like it also with a runny egg (free range of course) a bit of cheese and a few pieces of lettuce washed down with cider or my favorite red wine.

Oh the younger Skippies are the best as well as they are a bit leaner and easier to butcher appropiately.

They also make good snags as well.

Image result for kangaroo burger pictures

Used to live in Bunbury/Brunswick area of Australind as a kid. Neighbours told us if we have a choice of hitting a kangaroo on the road or swerve into a tree, choose the latter! Absolute units

3 hours ago, maxjak said:

Go back to reading your Sun newspaper.....if that's the best and most original comment you can conjure up?   And all that meat hasn't improved your spelling ?

How original. Get back to your flat earth group & going into the florist for a snack. ?

2 hours ago, Richard Head said:

What does a lentil munching bridge look like and what’s it for?

Try any protest in Bristol in the next few months ?

12 hours ago, City oz said:

This might upset a few but the best burger is a fresh Roo one. Now and again my mates bring one home and the best bit is the leg as we live south of Perth and the buggers are a bloody road hazard.

The meat needs to be minced with some herbs, garlic, salt and pepper. The longer you can keep it outside before putting it on the BBQ the better. 

Some like it also with a runny egg (free range of course) a bit of cheese and a few pieces of lettuce washed down with cider or my favorite red wine.

Oh the younger Skippies are the best as well as they are a bit leaner and easier to butcher appropiately.

They also make good snags as well.

Image result for kangaroo burger pictures

Kangaroo tastes like shite.

You probably drink Fosters with it as well.  ?

23 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Yes, but what happens to all those battery hens, cows, etc that are intensively farmed? Will they just be let out into the wild?
Where will these animals roam when they are free? Dartmoor? Will they be like New Forest ponies? 
yes there will be less in the long run but what will happen in the short term?

It would be gradual wouldn't it? Less demand, less animals farmed, demand decreases more, numbers decrease.

There will never be a time where the whole country is meat free anyway, but the price may increase if demand is reduced as farming will become more expensive I guess and then that'll price more people out

23 hours ago, Sturny said:

Lab grown meat will be a game changer in the future

Aren't we told processed food is bad for us? I'd rather real food than processed fake meat tbh

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

It would be gradual wouldn't it? Less demand, less animals farmed, demand decreases more, numbers decrease.

There will never be a time where the whole country is meat free anyway, but the price may increase if demand is reduced as farming will become more expensive I guess and then that'll price more people out

Aren't we told processed food is bad for us? I'd rather real food than processed fake meat tbh

I don’t know the total ins and outs tbh but I assumed it was literally the same as farm grown meat, surely that’s the objective or else whats the point 

10 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Kangaroo tastes like shite.

You probably drink Fosters with it as well.  ?

Nah. No one drinks boys beer over here. We are more up market than than that . VB is popular so is Corona,s, Crown lagers etc. 

However if you are fishing you need to take tinnies. tinnies are better kept colder in the keep net out of the bottom of the boat.

Roo does though tastes nice if cooked very slow. It is rich and very sort of hard on the taste buds.

If you google the product it is one of the best meats in regards to a  protein you can get.

We tried the vegan burgers and tbh me and the boy both found them pretty rank. However the chips and curry Source was decent!

We we’re in early with a decent view towards the front but Dale Vince saying City never sold out is a bare faced lie. They sold out in a matter of hours and only to ST holders. 

The place is really not fit to host league football - which I guess is why they’re looking to move. Agree about the electronic signs and losing the sight of the ball.

parking was also dire - took ages getting out of the school as carnage ensued.

12 hours ago, City oz said:

Nah. No one drinks boys beer over here. We are more up market than than that . VB is popular so is Corona,s, Crown lagers etc. 

However if you are fishing you need to take tinnies. tinnies are better kept colder in the keep net out of the bottom of the boat.

Roo does though tastes nice if cooked very slow. It is rich and very sort of hard on the taste buds.

If you google the product it is one of the best meats in regards to a  protein you can get.

I've lived in Australia for 20 yrs on and off.

Roo is too gamey for most.

Some like it though, I dunno why more isn't sold on supermarkets.

lets face it - roo's are regarded as vermin and are in plague like proportions in some parts on QLD / NSW / NT.

When I worked remote, always shot at least 2 a night.

303 single shot - hard to kill, 60kph top end, and turn on a coin.

Now Mud-Crabs - that's a different story.....

On 11/08/2021 at 21:55, petehinton said:

Used to live in Bunbury/Brunswick area of Australind as a kid. Neighbours told us if we have a choice of hitting a kangaroo on the road or swerve into a tree, choose the latter! Absolute units

Off on a tangent here, I visited Bunbury in 2003 (great place) , went to a NYE party and there was a bloke there from Kingswood wearing the "famous quaterz" 

4 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

Ostrich meat is quite nice in burger/patty form, I presume someone else on the form must have tried it? 

Maybe not NP though, he doesn’t seem all that fond of ostriches.

Considered giving that ago in Burger joint a couple of months ago, opted for the boar instead. Wasn't expecting too much, just wanted to try something different but it was really nice.

11 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

I've lived in Australia for 20 yrs on and off.

Roo is too gamey for most.

Some like it though, I dunno why more isn't sold on supermarkets.

lets face it - roo's are regarded as vermin and are in plague like proportions in some parts on QLD / NSW / NT.

When I worked remote, always shot at least 2 a night.

303 single shot - hard to kill, 60kph top end, and turn on a coin.

Now Mud-Crabs - that's a different story.....

Great mud crabs you have hit the spot. We lived in the NT for many years and all though me and the missues are in Perth the kids are still  in the NT and  doing well. Taking on board now you are a lover and have experienced this side of the world the tropical zones of OZ are great for hunting and fishing.

I often get videos of my grand son 9 years old on his quad bike at remote areas bringing back the fish caught around the mangroves around Darwin. Our grand daughter is now using the pee wee 50 bike around there 8 acre property in Humpty Doo

My son out shooting pigs down south a bit around Katherine.

On 11/08/2021 at 05:35, City oz said:

Oh and you were not there to watch the football. Do we need food critics now as well as a center forward.

Sadly I’m on a different continent and would kill to be at any City game but it’s not a realistic prospect for the foreseeable :(

Archived