IGNORED

Gregor

Hampshire reds

13 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

if I was Gregor i would start taking the piss out of Pearson. some of his answers to questions are pathetic. not sure if i am alone here but i am beginning to dislike Pearson.

That's what not winning and acting up does!

If he wins he can behave however he wants. 

Said it once and I’ll say it again: Pearson can be obnoxious in interviews and I really don’t warm to him.

BTW he really threw Moore under the bus didn’t he - praising Kalas but specifically saying he wasn’t talking about Moore, when GM asked about him. Made me very uneasy regardless of how TM played. He’ll be on his way shortly you’d imagine.

edit just seen a thread on this - apols!

1 minute ago, Hampshire reds said:

Dreadful comment when asked about the centre backs. i wonder what the lansdowns think of what is going on. dont get this with Pat Lam and the Bears.

I expect Lansdown thinks how the **** did I let Johnson and Ashton waste so much of my money on so many average players. As for Gregor ask a stupid question except a stupid answer. 

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

if I was Gregor i would start taking the piss out of Pearson. some of his answers to questions are pathetic. not sure if i am alone here but i am beginning to dislike Pearson.

I wouldn’t make an already difficult relationship worse by irritating Nige with stupid ratings like last night - when has any manager been rated in the same way?

If I were GmG I’d try my best to earn his respect by asking sensible questions and showing him that I know something about the game.

Hopefully Nige won’t have bothered to read GmG’s match ratings.

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I expect Lansdown thinks how the **** did I let Johnson and Ashton waste so much of my money on so many average players. As for Gregor ask a stupid question except a stupid answer. 

Exactly this. Pearson is still working with a heck of a lot of shite left over from Ashton and Johnsons dire signings, hence why we can't really go out and buy someone. 

Whilst the press conferences are a bit cringe, Pearson has the credentials to take us where we wanna be, and for that, I trust him. 

While I think Gregor is a a god damn awful reporter (if you can call him that) Nigel Pearson is representing the club, and his pure disrespect and down right awkwardness to answering questions is not becoming of the manager/figure head of a club. If he likes it or not its part of the job, and its not like he hasn't been made to come put and apologise to repoters in the past about his arrogant damn right nasty attitude towards the press.

Gregor has a lot to learn about reporting and doesn't really seem to be learning, Nigel Pearson is exactly the same, apart from his been making the same mistakes for a much longer time frame. 

Ngel, you are representing the club, if you can't do it with results at the very least do people the courtesy of talking to then the way you would e pect people to talk to you.

1 hour ago, The Hustler said:

You’re not alone and I am trying to remain patient with NP. However, he best start producing a few good results soon! And by that I mean Wins, not draws or losses, (explained with “but we played well in patches”) - solid proper Wins and 3 points.

For whatever reason we lost the best goalscorer we had here (again) and then buy another defender; that says to me we will be getting far more single points than treble points this season.

Other teams could soon not be bothering with defenders as they wont need any against us.?

21 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

Dreadful comment when asked about the centre backs. i wonder what the lansdowns think of what is going on. dont get this with Pat Lam and the Bears.

Absolute bollocks. He praised kalas. When asked about Moore he didn’t comment on him. How sad have got to be to try & make a issue of nothing. Pathetic. Some right moaners on here. Get a grip ffs. 

For me, NP's politeness with journalists is irrelevant. All that matters is results on the pitch.  Give the bloke time - imo the results will come. 

BCFC has been like the Titanic for the last couple of years and we almost sank last season.  NP is turning that Titanic around with limited resources.  It's a difficult job.

28 minutes ago, Selred said:

On the topic of Gregor, he didn't help himself for rating NP, giving him 5 but no reason why. Becoming pathetic by the both of them.

I don't get with GG is getting sucked in, he has far more to lose than NP. 

Don’t you think Gregor might be doing it precisely because he has little to lose?

If NP is giving him nothing (managers will often give reporters bits of info for all sorts of reasons - one, to keep them onside) and he’s patronising him, then Gregor is employing the only thing left, which is to write words about a manager whose results have been terrible. 

Sadly for GmcG Pearson is the complete opposite of the LJ/MA approach to the media. The latter relied on spin and cosy relationships with journos to cover their lack of delivery on the pitch. You can see it at Ipswich currently. LJ had a merry quip for every occasion. A journalists dream. Anyone close to the club and paying attention could, of course, see right through it.

Pearson has been brought in to do a difficult job. No money, squad barely up to Championship standards, culture of tolerance of failure. He doubtless doesn't need a smart-arse local journalist trying to get a quotable line out of him in every interview. 

Personally I admire the frankness of NP's interviews. He says exactly what he means and his remarks are considered. He's much better with Dave Barton who, in fairness to Gregor, has years of experience to draw on.

12 minutes ago, Elmore James said:

For me, NP's politeness with journalists is irrelevant. All that matters is results on the pitch.  Give the bloke time - imo the results will come. 

BCFC has been like the Titanic for the last couple of years and we almost sank last season.  NP is turning that Titanic around with limited resources.  It's a difficult job.

The Titanic wasn’t turned around. It sank.

23 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

So much over reaction.

Overreaction?  We haven’t won a match for five months; we’ve conceded a lead in the final minute in two successive games; and we’ve been knocked out of a cup by a team two divisions below us.  In what sense is criticising the manager an overreaction?

8 minutes ago, Elmore James said:

Pearson was at the helm when we almost sank last season.,,

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Sadly for GmcG Pearson is the complete opposite of the LJ/MA approach to the media. The latter relied on spin and cosy relationships with journos to cover their lack of delivery on the pitch. You can see it at Ipswich currently. LJ had a merry quip for every occasion. A journalists dream. Anyone close to the club and paying attention could, of course, see right through it.

Pearson has been brought in to do a difficult job. No money, squad barely up to Championship standards, culture of tolerance of failure. He doubtless doesn't need a smart-arse local journalist trying to get a quotable line out of him in every interview. 

Personally I admire the frankness of NP's interviews. He says exactly what he means and his remarks are considered. He's much better with Dave Barton who, in fairness to Gregor, has years of experience to draw on.

Dave Barton is employed by the club. He works with NP. His questions are deliberately anodyne and if NP weren’t able to be civil to him then it really would be something.

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

Let me start by saying, I've wanted Pearson here for a long time and was very happy we got him. I'm even willing to give him the time required despite the awful start to his reign.

However, the way he talks to the media or Gregor in particular is bordering on embarrasing and some of those answers are really poor. That response when asked about Taylor Moore was completely unnecessary

7 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Overreaction?  We haven’t won a match for five months; we’ve conceded a lead in the final minute in two successive games; and we’ve been knocked out of a cup by a team two divisions below us.  In what sense is criticising the manager an overreaction?

Read his interview in the mail. Where he says about a fractured dressing room last season . Which was down to Ashton . He’s had no money to spend , so he’s assembling a squad on a shoestring , certainly compared to the multi millions LJ was given. 
so he’s had to turn around the mindset of the dressing room & try to get a decent side with no money. If you think that happens with a click of the fingers then you haven’t got a clue. 

14 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Absolute bollocks. He praised kalas. When asked about Moore he didn’t comment on him. How sad have got to be to try & make a issue of nothing. Pathetic. Some right moaners on here. Get a grip ffs. 

Really? I only read the transcript but it sounded a bit petulant from NP. 

How about your centre-backs this evening? Did they do well enough against Jamille Matt, who caused a lot of problems at times? 

I thought Tomas [Kalas] was good tonight, he did very well.

And Taylor Moore as well we guess?

No, I said that I thought Tomas did well tonight.

8 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

Dave Barton is employed by the club. He works with NP. His questions are deliberately anodyne and if NP weren’t able to be civil to him then it really would be something.

Pearson says what he wants to say, nothing more. He's said that he wants to communicate with supporters. Dave Barton - hugely experienced and respected - helps him do that. Barton isn't trying to generate clicks. (of course I know Barton works for the club!)

I don't personally think it's anything to do with 'being civil'. Gregor is trying to generate one or more stories every day, good luck to him. I wouldn't want his job. Sadly for him Pearson isn't playing that game. Gregor had it easier under the old regime!

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Pearson says what he wants to say, nothing more. He's said that he wants to communicate with supporters. Dave Barton - hugely experienced and respected - helps him do that. Barton isn't trying to generate clicks. (of course I know Barton works for the club!)

I don't personally think it's anything to do with 'being civil'. Gregor is trying to generate one or more stories every day, good luck to him. I wouldn't want his job. Sadly for him Pearson isn't playing that game. Gregor had it easier under the old regime!

Seems many had it easy under the old regime. 

33 minutes ago, TRL said:

While I think Gregor is a a god damn awful reporter (if you can call him that) Nigel Pearson is representing the club, and his pure disrespect and down right awkwardness to answering questions is not becoming of the manager/figure head of a club. If he likes it or not its part of the job, and its not like he hasn't been made to come put and apologise to repoters in the past about his arrogant damn right nasty attitude towards the press.

Gregor has a lot to learn about reporting and doesn't really seem to be learning, Nigel Pearson is exactly the same, apart from his been making the same mistakes for a much longer time frame. 

Ngel, you are representing the club, if you can't do it with results at the very least do people the courtesy of talking to then the way you would e pect people to talk to you.

Nail on the head

He was asked directly if he was pleased with his centre halves.  Clearly he was with one but not the other.  Journalist clearly senses this and presses the point which by that stage he cannot rein back on.  

Personally I have no problem with this.  It's a million miles away from LJ's consistent calling out of players needlessly (eg Magnússon at Preston) in order to deflect blame.  He chose to do this.

I think Pearson is basically crap at the bs of dealing with media particularly after a game. 

Archived