IGNORED

Has Olé retired from "Away" Match Report duty?

The Original OTIB

Ah, yes:

Six hour round trip saw absolutely **** all of that game and got to be back in work first thing. Bloke with two toddlers spent most of game trying to keep them occupied staring at a fence. Stewards full of excuses. love exposure but couldn't run a bath.

I guess that's the match report then. Shame on them.

53 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Ah, yes:

Six hour round trip saw absolutely **** all of that game and got to be back in work first thing. Bloke with two toddlers spent most of game trying to keep them occupied staring at a fence. Stewards full of excuses. love exposure but couldn't run a bath.

I guess that's the match report then. Shame on them.

Tbf I saw Rob in passing when I walked past about 35 minutes in (don’t know him, know who he is). He was right at the back in the uncovered terrace and wouldn’t have been able to see a bean from where he was. They definitely oversold our end (not by safety but by ability to view), and with the end behind the goal being empty, it could have been so much better organised

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Tbf I saw Rob in passing when I walked past about 35 minutes in (don’t know him, know who he is). He was right at the back in the uncovered terrace and wouldn’t have been able to see a bean from where he was. They definitely oversold our end (not by safety but by ability to view), and with the end behind the goal being empty, it could have been so much better organised

Surley the lesser spotted SLO should be on to this issue?

6 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Surley the lesser spotted SLO should be on to this issue?

I’m not sure what Jerry could or should do. Ultimately, that area could fit 1200 people and has safety certification to do so. 1200 people could view if you didn’t have 900 people of broadly the same height.

The issue is that although you can fit that many bodies safely in there, a good percentage have no chance of seeing the game. That’s not what safety certs look like, and Jerry would have had no chance of knowing prior to the game. 

Don’t think it’s his fight here. It’s more about how FGR organise, but it’s difficult to say they shouldn’t have sold tickets that it was safe to sell.

Hello I've been on self enforced absence from OTIB over the summer as a result of a new job as well as a double fracture to my keyboard warrior hand.

I was expecting to start doing away ground reports again last night, but was thwarted by the vegan loser  who sold tickets his ground can't cope with.

Normal service will be resumed from a pub somewhere in Teeside this Saturday but in the meantime @The Original OTIB:

Match Report: Ball briefly appears visible in mid-air at Forest Green

City's chequered history in the league cup features such highs as meeting one time European Champions Nottingham Forest in the semi final, and beating many time European Champions Manchester United in the quarter final, as well as such lows as managing to fall apart cheaply in early rounds to the likes of Plymouth, Luton, Oxford, Gillingham, Swindon, Southend, Carlisle, Crewe, Cheltenham, Barnet and any other half-hearted lower division outfit that simply breathes on us after their summer holidays.

One such Mickey Mouse outfit hoping to repeat that trick was vegan-favourite Forest Green Rovers. Boasting exactly the right sort of half-hearted tin pot attitude that makes them our inevitable August giant-killers, the lettuce fuelled League Two also rans with their little ground at the top of a big hill and looking like a deleted scene from hit BBC comedy This Country, put the tin (as well as pot) in tin pot, selling away tickets in numbers that their ramshackle barn-conversion and patio couldn't cope with.

The writing was on the wall as early as the second minute when I decided to start staring at something written on the wall behind me because I got bored of staring at peoples backs. In the 39th minute the ball briefly appeared in mid air - this was a remarkable highlight in an otherwise anonymous first half mainly looking at the backs of jackets. What was this ball I wondered. Was it a mis-hit Nakhi Wells penalty? Or maybe a Danny Simpson pass? For all I knew it was neither. I didn't even know who was playing.

In the second half I remonstrated with the head steward having established from other City fans that there was both spare seats and standing space in part of the away stand that they refused to let anyone near. They'd already confiscated wheelie bins lest fans stand on them and actually see the game. By now a man and his two toddlers were also staring at the wall having given up on gazing at jackets. Others just gave up and left. There was occasional cheering, for what I do not know, a new vegan pie maybe.

Match Ratings

Janneh 7

Wells 5

Stewards 2

Dale Vince 0

8 minutes ago, Olé said:

Hello I've been on self enforced absence from OTIB over the summer as a result of a new job as well as a double fracture to my keyboard warrior hand.

I was expecting to start doing away ground reports again last night, but was thwarted by the vegan loser  who sold tickets his ground can't cope with.

Normal service will be resumed from a pub somewhere in Teeside this Saturday but in the meantime @The Original OTIB:

Match Report: Ball briefly appears visible in mid-air at Forest Green

City's chequered history in the league cup features such highs as meeting one time European Champions Nottingham Forest in the semi final, and beating many time European Champions Manchester United in the quarter final, as well as such lows as managing to fall apart cheaply in early rounds to the likes of Plymouth, Luton, Oxford, Gillingham, Swindon, Southend, Carlisle, Crewe, Cheltenham, Barnet and any other half-hearted lower division outfit that simply breathes on us after their summer holidays.

One such Mickey Mouse outfit hoping to repeat that trick was vegan-favourite Forest Green Rovers. Boasting exactly the right sort of half-hearted tin pot attitude that makes them our inevitable August giant-killers, the lettuce fuelled League Two also rans with their little ground at the top of a big hill and looking like a deleted scene from hit BBC comedy This Country, put the tin (as well as pot) in tin pot, selling away tickets in numbers that their ramshackle barn-conversion and patio couldn't cope with.

The writing was on the wall as early as the second minute when I decided to start staring at something written on the wall behind me because I got bored of staring at peoples backs. In the 39th minute the ball briefly appeared in mid air - this was a remarkable highlight in an otherwise anonymous first half mainly looking at the backs of jackets. What was this ball I wondered. Was it a mis-hit Nakhi Wells penalty? Or maybe a Danny Simpson pass? For all I knew it was neither. I didn't even know who was playing.

In the second half I remonstrated with the head steward having established from other City fans that there was both spare seats and standing space in part of the away stand that they refused to let anyone near. They'd already confiscated wheelie bins lest fans stand on them and actually see the game. By now a man and his two toddlers were also staring at the wall having given up on gazing at jackets. Others just gave up and left. There was occasional cheering, for what I do not know, a new vegan pie maybe.

Match Ratings

Janneh 7

Wells 5

Stewards 2

Dale Vince 0

I've had similar over the years (looking at coppers primarily from the Luton trench, etc), but thankfully not too many. What a waste of a night out. Better luck oop north. Cheers,

It was strange trying to get onto the open terrace.  

We couldn’t get on it via any of the entrances, so climbed up over the back rail mid-way between two of the entrances.  A few chaps standing at the back against the rail kindly moved aside to let us do it, and we were able to stand in front of them where there was quite a bit of space. We ended up bang on the half way line.

Just from my point of view, it was as if the stewards weren’t keeping gangways and entrances clear, nor were they encouraging people to move laterally down the terrace, so this caused it to block up.

@Olé I gave the post a sad emoji as I think it is sad that football fans are still treated like this in 2021. I can’t think of anything else entertainment wise that would take your money and couldn’t care less.

I also feel sad for fans like yourself who make huge efforts to attend and spend time and money for a poor experience, this isn’t right or fair. The clubs are happy to take an away fans money but obviously don’t want them there.

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I arrived a minute or two before kick off and found there was plenty of space further down the terrace but people seemed generally unwilling to just ask the people at the back to move and let them past.

Archived