IGNORED

Leicester city redevelopment

BcfcDuncs

7 minutes ago, BcfcDuncs said:

Similar to what we our doing, but looks alot better and probably won't get any issues with there council 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/12379911/leicester-city-unveil-king-power-stadium-redevelopment-plans

Never mind their stadium, their training ground is beyond belief - which always makes me laugh when the OS starts wnking themselves silly about the "Robins High Performance Centre"

57 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Never mind their stadium, their training ground is beyond belief - which always makes me laugh when the OS starts wnking themselves silly about the "Robins High Performance Centre"

If we compare ourselves to teams who have recently won the Premier League and are now competing for top 4 every season, anything we do will fall short of that.

Unless you think SL should have stumped up a further £70m to match Leicester's training ground. Which incidentally is called "Leicester City Training Ground". At least Robins High Performance Centre or HPC has a bit of character and thought in the name.

The club can be proud of the training facility they have built and can now use. We are building infrastructure in the training facilities and the stadium which matches our current position and short to medium ambitions.

But apparently anything short of an 80,000 seater stadium and a £100m training complex is laughable?

23 minutes ago, grifty said:

Leicester's training ground. Which incidentally is called "Leicester City Training Ground". At least Robins High Performance Centre or HPC has a bit of character and thought in the name.

Do you not see the irony of the High Performance  Centre occupied by a team languishing at the bottom end of the Championship?   As was pointed out earlier - have we even won a League game since moving there?

The facility is great.

The name is cringeworthy.

35 minutes ago, grifty said:

If we compare ourselves to teams who have recently won the Premier League and are now competing for top 4 every season, anything we do will fall short of that.

Unless you think SL should have stumped up a further £70m to match Leicester's training ground. Which incidentally is called "Leicester City Training Ground". At least Robins High Performance Centre or HPC has a bit of character and thought in the name.

The club can be proud of the training facility they have built and can now use. We are building infrastructure in the training facilities and the stadium which matches our current position and short to medium ambitions.

But apparently anything short of an 80,000 seater stadium and a £100m training complex is laughable?

Exactly. They’re far ahead of us at the moment - looking to become a genuine top 6 side. We’re still looking at being competitive in the Championship.

Wouldn’t be proportional to have such investment in our training ground yet. That’s not to say we won’t get there one day.

3 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Do you not see the irony of the High Performance  Centre occupied by a team languishing at the bottom end of the Championship?   As was pointed out earlier - have we even won a League game since moving there?

The facility is great.

The name is cringeworthy

Do you not see that it is named that as we try to get high performance out of the players? Or do you think that once they stepped over the threshold they would magically have the ability of Pele after 1 training session?

I see no irony in the name of of the training centre in relation to our league position, unless it was called the "top end championship teams training centre", but it isn't.

37 minutes ago, grifty said:

Until such time as we have a team performing to the best of their ability between 3pm and 5pm on a Saturday, I reserve the right to be unimpressed by fawning comments regarding our training ground on the OS.  

If that's alright with you.

39 minutes ago, grifty said:

Don’t think he meant it like that

calling it the high performance centre is a bit cringey 

It's strange that a story about Leicester City's ground redevelopment has morphed into an opportunity to knock Ashton Gate / the new training centre and, by implication. Steve Lansdown. It's not SL's fault that Ashton Vale didn't happen

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

It's strange that a story about Leicester City's ground redevelopment has morphed into an opportunity to knock Ashton Gate / the new training centre and, by implication. Steve Lansdown. It's not SL's fault that Ashton Vale didn't happen

You are right - Steve Lansdown is not the one to blame.  I blame Lee Johnson!

29 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

The facility is great.

The name is cringeworthy.

How long have we been there, and how long do you expect them to be there before having those facilities has an impact? 

I seem to remember the same thing was being said about the Academy after about 6 months, despite it being obvious that the change in processes would start to filter through from the youngest groups, the ones we are starting to see now 10/12 years later.

In the last 20 years, Leicester City has won all of the four domestic competitions deemed the most prestigious  - for anyone to compare anything we do with them is just laughable ... but we do have the manager who, it can be argued, laid the foundations for Leicester’s recent premier league title win - and I think our stadium and training ground both look fantastic ...

Obviously it's unrealistic for fans to expect us to have the same facilities as Leicester City, given they're so far ahead of us right now.

In fairness though, when you take a step back, it's bloody depressing that a club like Leicester City is SO far ahead of us - another smaller city with a notably bigger football club.

For the biggest club in one of England's biggest cities, our ability to absolutely avoid success is remarkable! That's where any frustration should lie IMHO

3 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Or as Aretha once sang, RHPC, find out what it means to me..

No R.E.S.P.E.C.T from me.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

In the last 20 years, Leicester City has won all of the four domestic competitions deemed the most prestigious  - for anyone to compare anything we do with them is just laughable ... but we do have the manager who, it can be argued, laid the foundations for Leicester’s recent premier league title win - and I think our stadium and training ground both look fantastic ...

The "High Performance Manager" to give Nige his full title 

9 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

In a "Making Bristol Proud" and then setting a club record for consecutive league defeats kinda way, something like that.

Haha, we are pants, and going to train in the “high performance centre” doesnt seem to have any impact at this point, although they do have sleep pods to help the little darlings recover.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

How long have we been there, and how long do you expect them to be there before having those facilities has an impact? 

Quite a long time, obviously. and that's why calling it that now when we are struggling and have performed poorly for almost the whole of last season just makes us look a little bit tin pot.  If you like the name -fine,  I don't.

I seem to remember the same thing was being said about the Academy after about 6 months, despite it being obvious that the change in processes would start to filter through from the youngest groups, the ones we are starting to see now 10/12 years later.

Not by me.

Archived