IGNORED

Leicester city redevelopment

BcfcDuncs

3 hours ago, grifty said:

If we compare ourselves to teams who have recently won the Premier League and are now competing for top 4 every season, anything we do will fall short of that.

Unless you think SL should have stumped up a further £70m to match Leicester's training ground. Which incidentally is called "Leicester City Training Ground". At least Robins High Performance Centre or HPC has a bit of character and thought in the name.

The club can be proud of the training facility they have built and can now use. We are building infrastructure in the training facilities and the stadium which matches our current position and short to medium ambitions.

But apparently anything short of an 80,000 seater stadium and a £100m training complex is laughable?

If Bristol City are compared to Southampton? Southampton created their Staplewood facility while being in the third division. Its a question of intent. Mr Lansdown has chosen to run up debts of tens of millions, turn them into equity and repewat .. It could have been invested in structure. The sales of ex academy players covers the cost of the academy, more money could have been invested into tha acdemys structure earlier and its narrrow coaching reach broadened in the manner Southampton reinvested money from ex academy player sales. 

2 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Don’t think he meant it like that

calling it the high performance centre is a bit cringey 

If we called it the mediocre performance centre (which would be a more accurate reflection of the team currently) it wouldn't say much about our ambition. 

I must admit The HCP does have the feel of Mark Ashton's input into its naming. If so then best rename it ASAP! 

I read this week that Sheffield United hope to build one of these shiny, new, expensive training grounds, which tells me they went from L1 to Prem in about three seasons without one. Burnley only built their's once they'd got to the top. Leicester possibly the same.

Brentford did rather well in their creaking old ground, I don't know what their training set up is like but I reckon it's the key people there that are the difference. 

You can't knock SL for buildings and what have you, it's just the pesky bloody people he seems to struggle with.

4 hours ago, BcfcDuncs said:

Similar to what we our doing ... probably won't get any issues with there council 

The stadium was built on some waste ground on an industrial site on the edge of town, bounded on all sides by a main road out of town, a railway, a big electricity substation and the river.  Not really any land like that in Bristol.

2 hours ago, Cowshed said:

If Bristol City are compared to Southampton? Southampton created their Staplewood facility while being in the third division. Its a question of intent. Mr Lansdown has chosen to run up debts of tens of millions, turn them into equity and repewat .. It could have been invested in structure. The sales of ex academy players covers the cost of the academy, more money could have been invested into tha acdemys structure earlier and its narrrow coaching reach broadened in the manner Southampton reinvested money from ex academy player sales. 

Who is comparing us to Southampton? Why do we have to compare us to any club? We should do what is in the best interest for our club, not what's the best interest for Southampton and copy them.

We can always look back and this or that could have been done better/different. But it hasn't and wasn't so is a moot point. My point was that saying our training facilities are laughable because Leicester have a fancy £100m despite having the last 6-7 years getting £120m per year TV money is a poor comparison.

The facilities we have build are just right for where we are as a club right now. It doesn't matter if it's not good enough for Southampton.

1 hour ago, grifty said:

Who is comparing us to Southampton? Why do we have to compare us to any club? We should do what is in the best interest for our club, not what's the best interest for Southampton and copy them.

We can always look back and this or that could have been done better/different. But it hasn't and wasn't so is a moot point. My point was that saying our training facilities are laughable because Leicester have a fancy £100m despite having the last 6-7 years getting £120m per year TV money is a poor comparison.

The facilities we have build are just right for where we are as a club right now. It doesn't matter if it's not good enough for Southampton.

Its a valid comparison. Southampton have facilities and an academy that is noted as outstanding. This was started when Southampton were a third division team. Marcus Liebherr put the fundamental foundations in place by investing less than the debts Mr Lansdown has restructured.

We should do what is in the best interest for our club, not what's the best interest for Southampton and copy them .. Not being interested in best practice is not in the interest of BCFC. BCFC are playing catch up. The money Liebherr inverested created one of the best acdemies based in that facility in Europe. A academy x facility that has raised well over a hundred million in players sales. 

Its not solely a point of division with its status, its a point about vision, drive, intent and long term planning. 

7 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Do you not see the irony of the High Performance  Centre occupied by a team languishing at the bottom end of the Championship?   As was pointed out earlier - have we even won a League game since moving there?

The facility is great.

The name is cringeworthy.

I’m not a greater lover of the name of the training ground, but to say we are team languishing at the bottom end of the championship when we are 14th and after only one game is a bit harsh! 

3 hours ago, Leaning To One Side said:

I’m not down with the kids but what the hell is a brexit header....is this meant to be some kind of derogatory term?

Answers on a postcard! Nope, can’t work it out, although my money is on a predictive text header (sorry, error) ? 

Archived