IGNORED

a memory for you old timers to share some stories

big dosser

21 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Can't remember watching that match, but I know next season we stuffed the Blue Few 6-1 in the ASC before being knocked out by St Mirren getting their revenge. 

Sadly, the only final I watched was travelling to Paisley the next year and watching St Mirren (again!) complete a 5-1 on aggregate rout on us. Scottish football was at a high point back then, and St Mirren were actually playing in Europe!

I think they only ran the competition one more season after that. 

I remember beating Rovers 6-1 at the Gate , it was the first time I ever sat down to watch a game , my mates Dad brought tickets for the Grandstand , when my old man took me we would stand on the open end.

I also remember the City Striker getting down on his hands and knee and heading the ball into the net, I think it was Chris Garland but I could be wrong.

21 hours ago, GrahamC said:

The 6-1 was the game Chris Garland went down on his hands and knees & headed the 6th goal over the line from a foot out.

Proper taking the piss out of the few, though AD wasn’t exactly impressed.

They were even further behind us then than their fourth division counterparts are now.

I just posted my memory of the game before reading this .  I think this was a Gloucester Cup match , was this at the start or end of the season, I remember it being a lovely summers day and it all kicking off in the park after the game.

4 hours ago, bs3 said:

I just posted my memory of the game before reading this .  I think this was a Gloucester Cup match , was this at the start or end of the season, I remember it being a lovely summers day and it all kicking off in the park after the game.

Definetly a Anglo Scottish Cup game, it was in august, so probably a summers day. I remember then going 1 up ( Clarke I think) then we battered them!

Archived