IGNORED

Brentford

daored

Really interested to see how Brentford fo this season. A club in many ways smaller than us, but with a clear plan over playing style and recruitment. Really hope they stay up, and our board look at their model and how they’ve succeeded. A club that has continued to sell their better players , but improve season on season 

I think that the advantage they have over us is their location. They pick up lots of young players released by the big London clubs.

Bristol is seen as a bit of a backwater by Londoners. Think we missed out on Eze for that reason.

I hope Brentford do well. They played decent football in the Championship and did not rely on parachute payments or rich foreign owners.

Aren’t they the 50th team to play in the Prem? Or is it more than that? Either way, well done them. You wonder how on earth we’ve only been close once in all this time. 

The reason people don’t like the Prem is because the same few teams are in with a chance of winning each year unlike the Championship… oh hang on… the champ is becoming the same. 

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Unpopular opinion on the forum - I really like the prem. Really excited for the curtain raiser tonight. 

I normally am. Doing a football fantasy team always helps with it as it gets you interested in matches like Burnley V Newcastle if you've got a striker playing.

52 minutes ago, daored said:

Really interested to see how Brentford fo this season. A club in many ways smaller than us, but with a clear plan over playing style and recruitment. Really hope they stay up, and our board look at their model and how they’ve succeeded. A club that has continued to sell their better players , but improve season on season 

There have been numerous clubs over the years that have managed to get into the prem the right way, we didn't learn or attempt to follow their models I wouldn't hold your breath things will be any different any time soon, would love to be proved wrong of course.

2 hours ago, Mendip City said:

Aren’t they the 50th team to play in the Prem? Or is it more than that? Either way, well done them. You wonder how on earth we’ve only been close once in all this time. 

The reason people don’t like the Prem is because the same few teams are in with a chance of winning each year unlike the Championship… oh hang on… the champ is becoming the same. 

They are the 50th different side to appear in the Prem.

So surely it must be our turn soon!

2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Unpopular opinion on the forum - I really like the prem. Really excited for the curtain raiser tonight. 

I agree love the Premier matches and looking forward to watching the Bees, a club I have big respect for and always enjoyed watching whatever the score versus City.

2 hours ago, Gumpster1 said:

I think that the advantage they have over us is their location. They pick up lots of young players released by the big London clubs.

Bristol is seen as a bit of a backwater by Londoners. Think we missed out on Eze for that reason.

I hope Brentford do well. They played decent football in the Championship and did not rely on parachute payments or rich foreign owners.

Nah this excuse i hear our fans use about our geographical location doesn’t wash with me.. Norwich the south coast clubs and the two clubs over the bridge all in arguably the same if not worse locations to us in relation to London and all have tasted the top flight in the last 10-15 years.

9 minutes ago, bris red said:

Nah this excuse i hear our fans use about our geographical location doesn’t wash with me.. Norwich the south coast clubs and the two clubs over the bridge all in arguably the same if not worse locations to us in relation to London and all have tasted the top flight in the last 10-15 years.

Plus any of the teams from the North East, or just the North

2 hours ago, Gumpster1 said:

Can’t agree with this really. Don’t see it as an advantage. They have got where they are through getting 90% of their signings right and appointing a manager who carried on the good work of the last one. A proper plan.  They don’t pick up many from the London clubs who go onto be their best players, that I know of.  Happy to be proved wrong but they went up last season because of a series of very astute signings from at home and abroad. 

Bristol City get less than 50% of their signings correct. 

11 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

We should hang our heads in shame that the likes of Brentford, Bournemouth, Brighton and others have made it to the Premier League before us.

Aaghh, FFS! Football didn't start in 1992! The Premier League is the top flight of English football. We have been there. Before some other clubs. All it is is a different f'kin name. Don't be taken in by the myth that football started in 1992. This nonesense really boils my piss. Grrr, Rant over. ?

Just now, Red Shadow said:

Aaghh, FFS! Football didn't start in 1992! The Premier League is the top flight of English football. We have been there. Before some other clubs. All it is is a different f'kin name. Don't be taken in by the myth that football started in 1992. This nonesense really boils my piss. Grrr, Rant over. ?

Agreed. A stick used to beat the club by its own fans. 

32 minutes ago, Red Shadow said:

Drives you ******* nuts doesn’t it 

50 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

A fantastic night for Brentford FC and very well deserved too - a tremendous club with loyal fans and a dedication to playing attractive, attacking football. Really hope they go well this season ...

I do too. But if they don’t and they end up being relegated they will, of course, have PP and so in the words of our departed leader “ they go again”.

The obvious thing is to get promoted and try all that you can to stay there but, spend sensibly realizing that you will probably get relegated.

There's a bit of jealousy at the limelight Brentford are enjoying (especially whilst they are 1-0 up), but I am trying to turn that jealousy into admiration and inspiration. to see them (and maybe Huddersfield) get promoted does make me think that it genuinely is possible for our club to do the same. It'll take time, work, the right people and a whole bucket of luck...but it is possible.

3 minutes ago, swanker said:

Think Toney will be out of his depth and struggle for goals in the prem this season. 

I don't think he will get as many and Brentford will likely struggle but I think he will do ok for a striker in a struggling side.

Archived