IGNORED

Remembering Hav: The Official Middlesbrough Vs City matchday thread

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Nige is clearly trying to establish a way of playing and to do so with a regular side.

We all know we need a centre forward but at moment Martin is the best we’ve got for that role in Nige’s view.  Wells is not the type of centre forward Nige wants.  He is also not a prolific goal scorer - av of 10 in last five seasons.  Interesting to see if Janneh makes an appearance.  My guess he will.

Take out the question of the centre forward, and, IMO, this has the makings of a decent Championship side, give it a few seasons and it could be a really good side.

We don’t know with Kalas what has gone on behind the scenes.  I trust Nige’s judgment.

I agree with you but the last manager we had with an established way of playing and regular side was Cotts, and we know what happened to him...

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

No need to be a sarky. Just my opinion. Obviously the side is lacking. But if you haven’t got a bit of optimism what’s the point. You on here now just to moan and say how shit we are

No I'm not optimistic, with that team against this opposition. And where did I say we are "shit"?

I was offering a different opinion to the one that said we've chosen a good counter attacking line-up. 

• Robin 1
3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I agree with you but the last manager we had with an established way of playing and regular side was Cotts, and we know what happened to him...

Rug pulled from underneath him so the owner could appoint a good friend? Oh Christ, that’s not going to happen again is it? Who else is SL friends with?

1 minute ago, Better Red said:

Play your 6 million striker for one.

Play your 8 million defender another

Sign a right back - not Simpson

Sign a striker on loan 

Get a winger 

That’s it…

I get the impression that Mr Lansdown wouldn't want to sanction the last three without selling at least one of the first two. Shame really.