IGNORED

Remembering Hav: The Official Middlesbrough Vs City matchday thread

Jesus what a depressing lineup and bench. There will probably be a lot of hope on our set pieces. Can’t see us scoring from open play. Fingers crossed though. 

My goodness our weaknesses are being highlighted with strobe lighting”

This is what happens when you have a paper thin squad. Was too small last year and we’ve somehow managed to make it smaller this year. Unfortunate yes, but we all knew Watmore and Tav are injury prone players. 

7 subs btw.”

2 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Jesus what a depressing lineup and bench. There will probably be a lot of hope on our set pieces. Can’t see us scoring from open play. Fingers crossed though. 

My goodness our weaknesses are being highlighted with strobe lighting”

This is what happens when you have a paper thin squad. Was too small last year and we’ve somehow managed to make it smaller this year. Unfortunate yes, but we all knew Watmore and Tav are injury prone players. 

7 subs btw.”

I just don’t think many fans appreciate how much at our level Covid has screwed so many clubs. Ours is also somewhat self inflicted, but we are far from the only club this season that are having to make do and mend.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

I don’t think people are fickle but basing opinions on the results and performances since Pearson has been here which are at best dreadful. 

No, its fickle, its knee-jerk....to any excuse they can find.  Not everyone of course, some will back up and have good rationale....but some comments are pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

Funny isn’t it. I have supreme confidence in NP. Confidence he has a long term plan. He’s not the sort that’d say “give me x transfer windows”, but I’m confident we’ll get there and get there on a fraction of the budget we’ve been used to seeing over the last few years. 

Keep the faith all. He’s been there and done it. We’ve never had that before. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

No, its fickle, its knee-jerk....to any excuse they can find.  Not everyone of course, some will back up and have good rationale....but some comments are pathetic.

You just wait, in 2 hours we’ll have 4 points from 2 games and we’ll be discussing play offs!

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, cityexile said:

I just don’t think many fans appreciate how much at our level Covid has screwed so many clubs. Ours is also somewhat self inflicted, but we are far from the only club this season that are having to make do and mend.

Make do and mend In spite of our billionaire owner. How he could not give funds for a striker I still find hard to believe. Pearson wanted two defenders , two midfielders and a striker. Of the four who joined a fee was paid for one only. Yet still SL will not fund a striker.

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

2nd league game of the season . Let’s give it a few games longer. The new signings look very capable. And players we missed from last season are back. Thought we played quite well last week. 

I would have at least 5 of the subs starting myself...........Wells, Kalas etc non starting super subs..................madness :no:

2 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Make do and mend In spite of our billionaire owner. How he could not give funds for a striker I still find hard to believe. Pearson wanted two defenders , two midfielders and a striker. Of the four who joined a fee was paid for one only. Yet still SL will not fund a striker.

And therein lies the rub. 

Just now, Redrascal2 said:

It is disappointing to still see posts like this. The issue here isn’t SL not loosening the purse strings it’s FFP.

So much money has been wasted that our financial position is compromised and NP is working within these restrictions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1