IGNORED

Remembering Hav: The Official Middlesbrough Vs City matchday thread

Just now, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Verging ever closer to stating 'NP out.' 

I'm not, not yet but the evidence isnt looking great at this stage. 

Just exactly how shite are we ?

I'm yet to see that he has made improvements, especially in our defending. I'm beginning to wonder how many training sessions it takes to stop players standing around while giving opponents free headers.

At best the jury is still out but things need to improve pdq or he will be under pressure.

4 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Verging ever closer to stating 'NP out.' 

I'm not, not yet but the evidence isnt looking great at this stage. 

Just exactly how shite are we ?

You have been since April ?

But yeah we aren't looking good atm. It's going to be a big rebuild

1 minute ago, VT05763 said:

With the players NP has had available we are worse in every department - IMO.

Spotlight needs to turned on the current coaching and away from ex managers and club officials.

You would have thought with the number of games alone he has been in charge there would have been some discernible improvement in attitude tactics game plan but I'm struggling to see it I mean I might as well be the manager the results would be no worse. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
2 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

I actually think it is, yes. 

Look, in theory, I completely agree that TK should be in the team on ability. I've just got a feeling he wants out, and has for a while. If that's the case, best for all to move on. He's given us a lot and should probably be in a better team at this point in his career. 

Then why bring him on,it’s about winning games and he is our best centre back so he starts 

1 minute ago, TRL said:

I think that's' md done vping  I am paying to be entertained.  No urgency, lots of diving and choosing the wrong option, if counter attacking (poorly) and diving around is what is being coached, then I have zero interest, appalling.  Its like watching Johnson or Holden's teams but with added flair Grealish type tumbling. while following thou shall not create or shoot doctrine 

That's Boro, what about City tho? ;)

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Only if you say who the players are,which you need to be fact otherwise you are boris Johnson 

Can’t for obvious reasons, think people could probably have a good guess who they might be, 

just remember back to the end of last season, did we look like a team?

there is obviously something wrong down there, and within the team.

Just now, BCFCGav said:

My god Twitter is even worse than Otib for a meltdown. Some ridiculous comments. Early days for goodness sake. COYR

Take into account last season we lost 10 at home in a row never ever been done in 125 years all under Pearson, sometime the excuses will have to stop.

• Like 1

Our most attacking player was Nathan Baker. Just soak that up for a bit.

Atkinson who was bought in to do what Baker was doing today. He caused chaos on his one foray but after the booking disappeared as an attacking energy.

Well done Bakes but you ain’t no Webster.

Little to no attacking intent from our full backs. 

Scott, once again looks class. 
Wells played well and was dangerous in his cameo role. 
We are not creating enough but curiously I don’t think we are going to struggle too much .Boro and Blackpool are not great and although we didn’t beat either we weren’t far off.

A big shout out to the Red faithful for their support and have a safe journey home.

NEXT…

Got to give it 10 games to see where we are, most people would expect/predict a mid-table’ish finish. It’s not great watching currently that’s for sure, and I’m half hoping there’ll be some FFP accounting somersaults which will give Pearson some wriggle room in what’s left of the transfer market…. If we’re going to continue playing one up front then we have to get someone more effective than Martin that’s for sure, and an actual RB. I would argue a LB too.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Daymn!! 

Be a lot sooner than that if we don't start improving ?

DH did better with less.. and more injuries. Exactly how shite do we have to be before people will stop making excuses?

The squad now is far worse than when DH took over! Having loss Fam and Hunt and replacing them with… absolutely no one!

Edit: Add Paterson to that as well.

Edited by formerly known as ivan
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, pillred said:

Take into account last season we lost 10 at home in a row never ever been done in 125 years all under Pearson, sometime the excuses will have to stop.

In an empty stadium week in week out without any home crowd advantage - again something that had ‘’never been done’’ in 125 years.

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

IF NP were to be replaced (I'm not saying he should), who on earth is about that can turn this squad around?

We don’t need a manager we need a wizard to transform this lot. I honestly don’t know what’s been going on behind the scenes?

The only thing that helps me remain optimistic about us staying up is the quality of some of the other sides in the championship this season. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

There was allegedly an issue between Kalas and Baker so I’d imagine Kalas understandably felt a bit aggrieved when we resigned Baker. Maybe he wants out.

Let me get this right.

Earlier someone mentioned infidelity and now an issue with TK and NB. Has one of them been 'tickling' the others partner then?

1 minute ago, swanker said:

We don’t need a manager we need a wizard to transform this lot. I honestly don’t know what’s been going on behind the scenes?

The only thing that helps me remain optimistic about us staying up is the quality of some of the other sides in the championship this season. 

Maybe add the youth to the potential positives swanker?

So Pearson’s record as statistically the worst manager in Bristol City’s history continues to worsen, as his win percentage drops from 12.5% to 11.76%.  To put that in perspective, that is worse than Roy Hodgson’s 1982 16-year-olds and worse than Benny Lennartsson, and who would have thought that the words ‘worse than Benny Lennartsson’ would ever appear on OTIB?

I acknowledge that the man has had a distinguished career as a manager, but his inability to inspire the most expensive squad in City’s history to more than two wins last season, and his failure to address our most obvious failings in the second half of last season, i.e. our inability to create chances, let alone score them, leads me regrettably to question whether he is the man to keep us in the Championship, let alone lead us to the promised land.

I could have forgiven him the team’s abject performances under him last season if I could see evidence of a turnaround this season, but so far it is more of the same, i.e. the relegation form that he oversaw last season.

At what point can we legitimately start to wonder if whatever magic was once there has gone?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2