IGNORED

Remembering Hav: The Official Middlesbrough Vs City matchday thread

This team is by no means the finished article, and it will take a win or 2 for last years debacle to go away. But on paper I still feel like this is not a relegation team, and still time for us to do some work in the market as I feel someone (probably Kalas) will be sold so we can sign 2-3 players that Pearson wants. We look more solid generally and it’s just a case of getting right players to suit formation. Keep the faith 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, brad blit said:

This team is by no means the finished article, and it will take a win or 2 for last years debacle to go away. But on paper I still feel like this is not a relegation team, and still time for us to do some work in the market as I feel someone (probably Kalas) will be sold so we can sign 2-3 players that Pearson wants. We look more solid generally and it’s just a case of getting right players to suit formation. Keep the faith 

Agreed, just frustrating in the meantime.

• Like 1

When NP came in last season he had a bag of shit with regards to the players he inherited and we were already in freefall.

A fair few of those players have now gone so now he has a smaller bag of shit and people still expect us to be competitive?

This mess isn't of Pearsons making and he has had very little money to spend on players to make things better by bringing in players he actually wants.

Anyone who thought or thinks this wouldn't be a long, hard season of struggle needs to re-adjust their thinking a little before pouring scorn on somebody who has been handed an absolute shitstorm of a squad.

• Like 5
45 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

We knew Boro away was likely to be a tough game. Regardless of result, I was really hoping that we'd at least be competitive today. Those who watched the full game, did we compete? Or was it another easy/simple game for our opposition?

Typical Warnock team, foul after foul. They got in our faces and wouldn't let us play. Saying that, we were poor. No leader on the pitch and players stood looking at eachother. 

We did look much more composed after we scored, for 15 minutes at least. I'm not a huge Wells fan but he did change the game positively. 

Had to pick a MOTM as none were deserving. Alex Scott again the pick of the bunch but he needs support as Boro as I said just bullied us at every opportunity.

Boro weren't great by any means, but they wanted it more.

10 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

When NP came in last season he had a bag of shit with regards to the players he inherited and we were already in freefall.

A fair few of those players have now gone so now he has a smaller bag of shit and people still expect us to be competitive?

This mess isn't of Pearsons making and he has had very little money to spend on players to make things better by bringing in players he actually wants.

Anyone who thought or thinks this wouldn't be a long, hard season of struggle needs to re-adjust their thinking a little before pouring scorn on somebody who has been handed an absolute shitstorm of a squad.

Agreed we are still left with some dross and those that don't want to be here anymore.

59 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

Massengo/Nagy Why? What have they done in the last two seasons apart from being dominated by virtually every midfield they've come up against.  James and King are far better than those two.

Andy King is not. Not over 90 minutes week in week out. James needs legs alongside him, not a 32yo. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1

I think there are morsels of positives to be taken from the two league games. We've dominated the play and got the ball in attacking areas.

We're a competitive team but getting edged out of the outcomes we have worked for. 

Fitness and concentration still an issue and a lack of killer instinct at both ends but we're not rubbish.

So, in summary, the positive is that we're not completely shit!

Edited by mozo
1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Yearning for a man who trebled our wage bill.

A man who couldn’t wait to pick apart the tightest most talented squad we’ve had in a long time  

A man who was complicit in assembling this bloated squad we currently have. 

Ive truly seen it all now. 

This 100%.

1 hour ago, daored said:

Hopefully three worse teams this season, we’re in real trouble. Our ownership have taken their eyes off the ball and this is the outcome 

Hope so. If there are 3 poor teams it’s likely at least one of them will get over 40 points. So to finish 4 from the bottom we need more than 40 points ie 10 wins and 10 draws. When it’s put like that it doesn’t sound easy does it especially looking at Pearson’s record with us. 

2 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

He looked busy but a bit clumsy . At least he drew men to him which could create space elsewhere . Certainly not afraid to run at them but lost his footing a couple of times / over dribbled 

Thanks mate. Sounds good to me, can’t expect him to pull up trees against a stubborn Warnock side. I hope he gets a chance against Reading or Swansea from the start, have a feeling he could be a real hassle.

21 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Thanks mate. Sounds good to me, can’t expect him to pull up trees against a stubborn Warnock side. I hope he gets a chance against Reading or Swansea from the start, have a feeling he could be a real hassle.

Yeah again he was mainly out wide and didn't have much opportunity to influence the game, much like when Conway came on at fGR

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Let me let you into a secret of mine. 

At dark times like this, just head on over to gas chat. Thank me later. 

I had to nip up to Sainsbury’s Emerson’s Green after the game finishes, so missed a lot of the post-game interviews and stuff.  About 5:30 half a dozen different fans came in different cars wearing their blue and white quarters.  I could only assume they’d won to be wearing that out in public.  Just looked…lost 2-0….old boy Chris Lines scoring the opener with a a minute to go.  I see Clint Hill, assistant manager has left this evening.

5 hours ago, bris red said:

In an empty stadium week in week out without any home crowd advantage - again something that had ‘’never been done’’ in 125 years.

Would be interested if any other team had also had anything like their worst run in their entire history as well or was that just us? look I know we want our new manager to succeed but be honest no amount of massaging the figures makes it look any less than a failure, go on give me your take on it as to my mind the same set of figures for say Dean Holden had us all saying how Cr*p he was and he didn't know what he was doing.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Not sure if anyone remembers Weimann's amazing run into the box and Dasilva's perfectly chipped pass for Weimann to be 12 yards out one on one with the goalie, an absolute sitter, but he doesn't bother to turn to get the ball because he thinks he is offside! About 2 yards on, linesman's flag stayed down. Luckily King scored the equaliser about 10 minutes later!

It was possibly one of his worst games in a City shirt.  Although he had that little spell when he had a shot blocked, got brought down for the goal and for a shot Wells hit into wall.

But overall poor today.  I don’t think I’ve said that very often in 3 seasons.

16 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Team 

2A6816BC-DAA3-4EC2-A095-59D3CE33F408.jpeg

As you got a bit mixed up with the selection/subs I`m going to help you NP, for next game; subs vyner, weimann,Scott,Palmer,Martin; replace with; Kalas, Bakinson, Janneh, Wells, Massengo

20 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Langford is so easily conned

My impression is that most Championship refs want an easy life. They take the easy option. Player falls over - free kick. And they're hopeless at cutting out time wasting and players kicking the ball away, delaying etc. It's a blight.

I think they're trying to get away from easy free kicks/pens this in the PL this season. I noticed Kevin Friend played on a lot more in the pre-season friendly, albeit his performance was far from perfect. 

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

As you know I have never liked Weimann on the wing. It might be Pearson needs to change his tactics slightly to play Weimann in a different role. But then we don't have many wingers at the moment.

I get why you say that too.

Ideally I’d play Weimann off of Wells on Tuesday, but not sure who I’d play right side.  O’Dowda?  I don’t think Sam Pearson is at the “ready level” of Scott or Conway.  Use Nagy or Massengo?  Play him a bit more like Brownhill?

Janneh a start left side???  Would rather go Nagy / Massengo right, O’Dowda left truth be told. Then Weimann off of Wells.

I kinda remembered Andy King playing more of a wide midfielders at Leicester, but it appears my memory was thinking b0ll0cks.