IGNORED

Remembering Hav: The Official Middlesbrough Vs City matchday thread

Don't usually comment on 'Match Day Threads' but just got back from Middlesbrough and some time with friends, two of whom were also at the match (as 'boro fans).

First time I have been at a City match since February 2019, so that was good.  The Pukka pie at The Riverside was also very piping hot, so good as was plenty of free parking.

Walked back to the car with the two clearly tactically aware 'boro fans, they used words and phrases like what @Davefevs does ???.  They thought that they should have won easily, but didn't and that Atkinson has the potential to be a great player.  They were also impressed by the tactical change of Kalas at right back and Weimann playing on the right.

Personally I saw a plan, maybe not greatly executed, but at least a plan.  To me Martin and Weimann looked rusty, which is not unexpected. The relationship between Baker/Atkinson/King/James was interesting, but all so new.  Scott has talent, but like most of the City team was out 'gamed' by 'boro.

I travel to enjoy the football, which I did, except for the following.

To the 'fan' immediately behind me who spent the whole match telling his kid (I guess 8-10) how 'F-ing sh-te' all the city players were and how particularly 'sh-te' any one was who wasn't a WASP and the foul and abusive terminology used about the non-WASP players, I have have your photo and you have been reported to the police.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why are you including months when we didn’t play any games?! Bit dramatic ...

Dramatic?

For it is written in South Bristol folklore that only during a blood moon, the great Gods of Cider will venture beyond the defensive wall, to the hills of Dundry to seek the chosen one, or Juan, if he's Spanish, that will henceforth lead City unto the promised land of a League win that will bring joy upon the Gate of Ashton.

Or it could all be bollocks.

Edited by Curr Avon
35 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Dramatic?

For it is written in South Bristol folklore that only during a blood moon, the great Gods of Cider will venture beyond the defensive wall, to the hills of Dundry to seek the chosen one, or Juan, if he's Spanish, that will henceforth lead City unto the promised land of a League win that will bring joy upon the Gate of Ashton.

Or it could all be bollocks.

Blimey! All good stuff - yet you still included several months when we didn’t play a game in your post intended to attack our new manager because he didn’t win games during the end of May and June and July ... 

• Like 1