IGNORED

Pearson

Hampshire reds

16 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

sorry to be negative but he is not doing his job. take the second half of last season and 3 games this season the results and performances have been dreadful. if players are not brought in asap then relagation is on the cards.

Oh god, here we go again. A new thread about Mark Ashton might be more interesting.

3 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Fair comment as he has been anonymous since Pearson’s appointment. However in respect to the OP I am also concerned that we are not seeing any improvement at all in our defending our creativity or have any kind of playing style or identity.

We still have much of the squad that started last season when many of us were thinking we had a squad capable of a play off push. There are still some very talented players in that squad but they are not gelling at all.

I could cope with his obvious obnoxiousness if the results/performance  was half decent but if Martin is our first choice striker then we are heading one way, our performances over the last three years has been the most depressing in the 50 years that i’ve been following them

Just now, bites yer legs said:
4 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Fair comment as he has been anonymous since Pearson’s appointment. However in respect to the OP I am also concerned that we are not seeing any improvement at all in our defending our creativity or have any kind of playing style or identity.

We still have much of the squad that started last season when many of us were thinking we had a squad capable of a play off push. There are still some very talented players in that squad but they are not gelling at all.

Spot on sir no identity. 

10 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect him to have improved our defending of crosses in the time he has had. No sign of any such improvement yet.

That’s a fair comment.

For all the focus on our supposed lack of goal threat, we have scored in every game so far, yet let in 5 in 3.

To steady the situation we need to be far harder to score against.

Can’t afford a striker because we would breach FFP, but people are considering getting rid of a highly paid manager, his coaching staff (one would assume they must be shite too?) and probably the medical department who likely only came here to work with Pearson? 

Shows me that people really don’t “get” the shit state this club is currently in.  

And yes, I’m as fed up and pissed off as anyone. 

So many knees jerking around here the club will be needing to sign an orthopaedic surgeon before any players.

Still surprised people seem to expect this set of players to be beating every team every week.

We took the piss out of Swindon for celebrating promotion in November once; certainly not going to buy a coffin for us in August.

Fans might have returned, but patience still missing.

3 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

Performance against Blackpool was pretty good most of game, no? And FGR we bossed a lot of it. And for a period in second half today we looked ok. 

Clearly we have issues still but I'm not seeing what youre seeing if you think these last three games have been a continuation of the total capitulation last season. 

Really? Blackpool pretty good? Seen better football up the downs look I ain’t no happy clapper but the last time we had an identity and any hope for the future was the Utd season but then Steve sold em all  

It's concerning that pretty average teams are scoring very cheap goals against us.  I'm not an advocate of pulling every goal apart & finding the culprit, but the ones against us this season have all been avoidable, it's not as though we're conceding worldies.

15 minutes ago, GodEmperor Palpatine said:

Sleepwalking into a calamity

Pearson hasn’t used up life number one yet, so by LJ’s tenure we can deduce that he’s got 4 more occasions on which he should be sacked before he actually is. 

This is of course assuming Johnson got no preferential treatment. 

This is a long term project sorting out LJ & Ashton’s mess.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

That’s a fair comment.

For all the focus on our supposed lack of goal threat, we have scored in every game so far, yet let in 5 in 3.

To steady the situation we need to be far harder to score against.

1 minute ago, bites yer legs said:

Really? Blackpool pretty good? Seen better football up the downs look I ain’t no happy clapper but the last time we had an identity and any hope for the future was the Utd season but then Steve sold em all  

And even more boring to watch. 

5 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

The game finishes 1 min earlier last week and there would be 10x less negativity. 

We will need to be patient....I wont hold my breath!

All goals are equally important no matter when they are scored. The fact that Blackpool scored seconds from the end of added time is irrelevant. It was a poor City performance against an average / poor team 

3 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

unfortunately its about results. can people put me right and tell me where wins are coming from. i cant see where. 

We need to sell the deadwood if we can (that's a challenge who has money to spend with covid effected finances) then we will be able to bring in players that will hopefully improve us until then not much NP can do 

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Pearson hasn’t used up life number one yet, so by LJ’s tenure we can deduce that he’s got 4 more occasions on which he should be sacked before he actually is. 

This is of course assuming Johnson got no preferential treatment. 

This is a long term project sorting out LJ & Ashton’s mess.

I don't recall Johnson at the beginning of his tenure winning 2 games out 17. In fact I recall between him and Pemberton dragging us out of an appalling situation where we were heading down.

Pearson on the other hand has taken over from Holden and dragged us further down.

3 minutes ago, GodEmperor Palpatine said:

I don't recall Johnson at the beginning of his tenure winning 2 games out 17. In fact I recall between him and Pemberton dragging us out of an appalling situation where we were heading down.

Pearson on the other hand has taken over from Holden and dragged us further down.

Let’s not forget when he took over we were heading down the table very quickly. Pearson’s only job at that time was to keep us up. Somehow we snuck a couple of wins early and it was job done really.

3 minutes ago, GodEmperor Palpatine said:

‘Heading down’ yeh. Miles adrift. 

30 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

sorry to be negative but he is not doing his job. take the second half of last season and 3 games this season the results and performances have been dreadful. if players are not brought in asap then relagation is on the cards.

Zzzz.

1 minute ago, Hello Dave said:

Most managers will go into an interview and say “ it will take me x amount of years to mould my team” . Just wondered why it’s ok for Pearson and not Holden?

Because Holden was given the job because he’s a nice man rather than ever having proven himself. 

Archived