IGNORED

Pearson

Hampshire reds

37 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect him to have improved our defending of crosses in the time he has had. No sign of any such improvement yet.

The fact that players of championship quality cant defend crosses, the basic requirements of a player of that standard then i dont see what pearson is meant to do about it, its the coaching at city thats the problem just like the medical staff from last season

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You’re always ******* negative . **** off 

Isn't there two Hampshire reds? I swear one would see a positive in a apocalypse? 

To be fair there's not been a lot to be positive about when it comes to Bristol City for quite some time

Lets keep sacking Managers every few months until we find one who works, that will sort things right out. Steve won't mind paying when we've got half a dozen Managers still on the payroll. ******* great idea you gormless bastards.......

Right load of wet, soft bedwetting ***** on here.

Tbf it was always going to be a long and hard season. People talking about a tilt at the playoffs are hopeful/deluded. Boro looked really good at Fulham last week so this result wasn’t unexpected. Where we do need to do well is Tuesday and next Friday - games we should be getting points from. 

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Two facts in this statement. Imagine them both being completely fabricated. Standard Pro LJ nonsense. 

What so we weren't struggling then hahahaha, yeah ok

You can criticise LJ all you want, in the end it became stale and he probably had to go. Despite that, he actually had us in a position where even 12th in the Champ wasn't good enough to keep your job, he increased the stature of the club. A victim of his own success so to speak and given your posts about him, its seems to eat away at you that the guy you really disliked was our most successful manager in recent times in the second tier.

Cope harder

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Lets keep sacking Managers every few months until we find one who works, that will sort things right out. Steve won't mind paying when we've got half a dozen Managers still on the payroll. ******* great idea you gormless bastards.......

Right load of wet, soft bedwetting ***** on here.

Worked for Watford, remind me where they are and where we are

33 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

While our promotion under Holden after 2 games last year was very exciting, our relegation this year after 2 (while being in 17th place) is equally impressive.

Surprised it looks like Sheff Utd and Swansea might be going down with us, but there we go!

What planet are you from?

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

No, but I do recall LJ from the outset being allowed to spend money like water that had mysteriously been denied to Cotts, bringing the likes of Tomlin in on loan.

Pearson has been given the funds to sign one player, plus 2 free transfers & to cut the wage bill has moved on 14, hardly comparing apples with apples, is it?

Does make you wonder if we found ourselves in that situation again (bottom 3 in Jan); whether SL would say we have to spend a little here; regardless of whether we've shifted out players; or the potential FFP situation.

If we went down to L1 now, it would  potentially set this club back at least 5+ years. Listening to SL, he's not looking to be around for that period of time in my opinion.

1 minute ago, prankerd said:

, its the coaching at city thats the problem just like the medical staff from last season

Which is why some of us were disappointed when Nigel decided to keep on the coaching team that seemed to be having a negative effect under Holden.

I know we have a temporary coach with us for a few months at present. Perhaps it's too early to see what change, if any, Fleming can help bring about?

1 minute ago, GodEmperor Palpatine said:

What so we weren't struggling then hahahaha, yeah ok

You can criticise LJ all you want, in the end it became stale and he probably had to go. Despite that, he actually had us in a position where even 12th in the Champ wasn't good enough to keep your job, he increased the stature of the club. A victim of his own success so to speak and given your posts about him, its seems to eat away at you that the guy you really disliked was our most successful manager in recent times in the second tier.

Cope harder

Didn’t say we weren’t struggling. Just said your facts were lies to try to make a stronger argument. Answer if you like (I’ll include the factual answers in brackets if it helps?)

1. Were we 23rd? (No)

2. Did we have the worst goal difference in the league? (No)

Any more stuff you’d care to make up?

7 minutes ago, Herta said:

If Pearson was any other manager without a name or profile, we’d be furious at the moment.

So far he’s not been good enough and I don’t see why people apologise for him because of his reputation. 

I struggle to follow your thought process.

Reputation and previous successes are fundamental to any appointment.

Otherwise we would just appoint people at random, with no rationale or tangible reasons to point to, and said individual would have no experience to draw on alongside contacts and network as well as respect earned to work with across the environment that they are in.

Your statement with respect would be laughable would it not be for the fact that the club have already tried the above with Dean Holden.

13 minutes ago, Herta said:

If Pearson was any other manager without a name or profile, we’d be furious at the moment.

So far he’s not been good enough and I don’t see why people apologise for him because of his reputation. 

Because of the situation he finds himself in regards not being able to bring hardly any players in. 

6 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Sort it out with WHAT resource?

I recall he spent most of the summer putting out Johnson's garbage.

What did Boro pay for that lump from Wycombe who terrorised us last year, are you telling me that guy Smith at Rotherham who was a proper handful in the Championship last year and now in the third division is unaffordable? 

1 minute ago, harrys said:

What did Boro pay for that lump from Wycombe who terrorised us last year, are you telling me that guy Smith at Rotherham who was a proper handful in the Championship last year and now in the third division is unaffordable? 

Yes until we sell unaffordable any player that will improve us will be 

2 minutes ago, harrys said:

£1m and yes.

5 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

what is it 14 games without a win. absolutely shocking 

Because judging a manager on players who he didn't sign and we're already thinking about their next pay day is a great evaluation of their skill.

Context is King. How many times does this message have to hammered home FFS.

This is all the culmination of what me and many others said with respect to the final two years of LJ and MA's tenure.

- Huge wage spending versus turnover increase over three seasons, both MA and LJs fault (clubs in bag, zero identity).

- Hugely bloated squad.

- Ultimately sheer toxicity caused by being unable to appease individuals, players dissolusioned with the clubs overarching strategy and management, leading to poor contract negotiating positions, awful staff appointments (Rolls).

- This is exactly like under O'Driscoll  difference being we have a pragmatic manager. However we have a severe lack of internal infastructure where every appointment was 'MA's Person's. Pearson is an expert delegator, however it takes time to source the correct personnel for such positions, identifying what is needed - most of these positions have only been free since 1st July, with some being poached mid preseason.

People need to realise, this season is just about sheer survival. Nothing else.

We, as fans, also need to decide whether we're willing to back Pearson or just cry foul everytime we lose a game because a manager didn't pick 'their preferred players'.

Because let's be clear.

We have no money. We have a minimal scouting setup, we have players who haven't settled, and likely players who want to move elsewhere. We can't buy until players leave.

Whether it's Pearson or anyone else. It doesn't matter. Nobody would be able to take the club by the scruff of it's neck and get us top half, in the current scenario. The squad isn't good enough, we don't have any money to spend. And seemingly, none of our players are currently in demand.

8 minutes ago, prankerd said:

The fact that players of championship quality cant defend crosses, the basic requirements of a player of that standard then i dont see what pearson is meant to do about it, its the coaching at city thats the problem just like the medical staff from last season

But doesn't he lead the coaching? We have not improved at all at defending crosses since he came in and he signed one and re-signed the other of his 2 first choice centre backs.

At what point does he bear any responsibility for our most consistent weakness?

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Didn’t say we weren’t struggling. Just said your facts were lies to try to make a stronger argument. Answer if you like (I’ll include the factual answers in brackets if it helps?)

1. Were we 23rd? (No)

2. Did we have the worst goal difference in the league? (No)

Any more stuff you’d care to make up?

Oh sorry 22nd with 2nd worst GD in the division, I stand corrected ? 

4 wins from 26 and 2 wins out of the last 15... yeah, we probably would of gone down if we didn't bin him off.

12 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I know we're all disappointed by the results but to talk about relegation now beggars belief. I exoect this season to be the closest Championship season top to bottom in years. Just two games in and no team has 6 points. 

Remember it’s not always about results it’s also performance,we have drew at home to a team that will be relegated and lost to a team that will end up mid table,he’s not a miracle worker and when your choice of forwards are Wells or Martin then we are paddling up the creek that begins with s 

2 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Because judging a manager on players who he didn't sign and we're already thinking about their next pay day is a great evaluation of their skill.

This is all the culmination of what me and many others said with respect to the final two years of LJ and MA's tenure.

- Huge wage spending versus turnover increase over three seasons, both MA and LJs fault (clubs in bag, zero identity).

- Hugely bloated squad.

- Ultimately sheer toxicity caused by being unable to appease individuals, players dissolusioned with the clubs overarching strategy and management, leading to poor contract negotiating positions, awful staff appointments (Rolls).

- This is exactly like under O'Driscoll  difference being we have a pragmatic manager. However we have a severe lack of internal infastructure where every appointment was 'MA's Person's. Pearson is an expert delegator, however it takes time to source the correct personnel for such positions, identifying what is needed - most of these positions have only been free since 1st July, with some being poached mid preseason.

We, as fans, also need to decide whether we're willing to back Pearson or just cry foul everytime we lose a game because a manager didn't pick 'their preferred players'.

Because let's be clear.

We have no money. We have a minimal scouting setup, we have players who haven't settled, and likely players who want to move elsewhere. We can't buy until players leave.

Whether it's Pearson or anyone else. It doesn't matter. Nobody would be able to take the club by the scruff of it's neck and get us top half, in the current scenario. The squad isn't good enough, we don't have any money to spend. And seemingly, none of our players are currently in demand.

Alas, someone who gets it. 

7 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

I struggle to follow your thought process.

Reputation and previous successes are fundamental to any appointment.

Otherwise we would just appoint people at random, with no rationale or tangible reasons to point to, and said individual would have no experience to draw on alongside contacts and network as well as respect earned to work with across the environment that they are in.

Your statement with respect would be laughable would it not be for the fact that the club have already tried the above with Dean Holden.

Not hard to follow, look how much stick his predecessors got for strings of bad results 

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

sorry to be negative but he is not doing his job. take the second half of last season and 3 games this season the results and performances have been dreadful. if players are not brought in asap then relagation is on the cards.

Both you and your clone have a bad case of ‘main character syndrome’

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

- Hugely bloated squad.

Because let's be clear.

Great post. Some of the LJ fan club used to be apoplectic when it was being pointed out how much money was being thrown down the shitter by those two shysters but the chickens are now firmly roosted. Probably the same bunch moaning about NP. 

Just now, bcfcredandwhite said:

It’s too early for people to re-brand their ‘LJ Out’ banners at this stage. 
Let’s re-evaluate after 10 games. 

Then after the xmas window then........after the summer rebuild....then....... look I know NP is going no-where soon, 2-3yrs at least BUT LJ wasnt going anywhere soon either and after many many transfer windows and millions spent and yes brought in, we ended up where exactly? worse than where we started from and having a load of players left that no-one else wants.

NP has been there but remind me why hes not at Leicester still and out of a job when we hooked him?

Anyway I think its a case of many false dawns and transfer windows ahead, with hardly any player assets left to sale its going to be tough few years.....expect not much to avoid dis-appointment.

1 minute ago, GodEmperor Palpatine said:

Oh sorry 22nd with 2nd worst GD in the division, I stand corrected ? 

4 wins from 26 and 2 wins out of the last 15... yeah, we probably would of gone down if we didn't bin him off.

Do you think that Cotterill was afforded the same patience that LJ was over his tenure?

I only hope that NP gets the loyalty that LJ got, not the loyalty that Cotts got. Loyalty that Cotts was deserving of, and LJ wasn’t. 

Archived