IGNORED

Pearson

Hampshire reds

1 hour ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Cheers, loads of youth coming through, lots of proven internationals and players who are more than capable at this level and indeed above.

Plenty of developing talent with some having massive potential. 

That's awesome to me, may not be to others though. 

Out of our current squad who would you say is capable in a level above?

I can think of Bentley only.

This squad is not awesome.

3 hours ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

most social media is firmly 'Pearson Out' and that's where the worry should be apposed to considered posts here. 

Have you got examples of this? I look around on Twitter and the CTID Facebook and would say the opposite of anything, as is this forum.

I've searched all the top posts and some are saying results need to pick up but very few are wanting him out. I feel like you're playing a bit of mind games here.

What you've said doesn't line up with my experience at all.

Here are the two most liked and agreed with posts I can find from the last few days for example:

Screenshot_20210816-200800.png

52 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Out of our current squad who would you say is capable in a level above?

I can think of Bentley only.

This squad is not awesome.

It is not awful either. It is a very competative squad for the Division we are in and should have been capable of winning more than 2 games in the last 16.

18 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Have you got examples of this? I look around on Twitter and the CTID Facebook and would say the opposite of anything, as is this forum.

I've searched all the top posts and some are saying results need to pick up but very few are wanting him out. I feel like you're playing a bit of mind games here.

What you've said doesn't line up with my experience at all.

Here are the two most liked and agreed with posts I can find from the last few days for example:

Screenshot_20210816-200800.png

CTID is REALLY low brow too. If anything that'll be the place that's bound to be filled with reactionary rubbish too. Not got a sense there's a strong "Pearson Out" feeling on Twitter either. 

Last seasons run needs context and is irrelevant imo. This season we have been competitive/solid without really exciting but this is the beginning of year 1 of a 3 year plan-it's going to take time.

This season is about putting foundations in place by creating a culture and identify to take us forward. The objective is to not be relegated and improve the style of play. I believe we aren't investing as we want some big loss years to roll off the ffp calculation. We will invest heavily on year 2/3 of the plan which should see us challenge.

just need a bit of patience so I wish people would stop wetting the bed by talking about non winning runs-look at the bigger picture as Nige will deliver 

13 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

It is not awful either. It is a very competative squad for the Division we are in and should have been capable of winning more than 2 games in the last 16.

No it is not awful. We should be performing a lot better than we are.

However, there is a culture of easy-street and its hard to turn that around quickly.

Awesome is a frankly ridiculous word to attach to this squad.

There are also too many who automatically think that youth=amazing, when the reality is that some of them are miles off this level and the fact they are first team squad members 18months-2 years early speaks volumes for the quality of our “senior” player recruitment and the handling of contract situations over the last 3 years.

3 hours ago, Rob k said:

There is no way that Pearson is getting sacked and if he does that will be me done with BCFC whilst SL is at the helm.

We don’t have that many good players for the amount of money we are forking out, we have to still move players on before bringing players in which won’t be easy. 

NP has said it will take 3 windows at least but so far hasn’t even been given to the end of the first by some!!! I find it absolutely laughable 

1 WIN since begining of March and a 12game winless streak says we are not doing to good...... are we Nigel

No reasonable person expects us to be competing for the play-offs this season.

They do expect us to avoid a relegation battle though.

Pearson’s record is appalling. We may only be 3 games in but the worry is where on earth our wins are going to come from.

People say Pearson won’t be sacked. Give it a month, two months when we still haven’t won (or have very few wins) and SL will be forced to make a decision again.

Pearson won’t make it until Christmas.

Anyone know if you can bet on him being first championship manager to get the sack?

Hope I’m wrong but he’s not done enough for me to have faith in him, unlike others.

4 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Last seasons run needs context and is irrelevant imo. This season we have been competitive/solid without really exciting but this is the beginning of year 1 of a 3 year plan-it's going to take time.

This season is about putting foundations in place by creating a culture and identify to take us forward. The objective is to not be relegated and improve the style of play. I believe we aren't investing as we want some big loss years to roll off the ffp calculation. We will invest heavily on year 2/3 of the plan which should see us challenge.

just need a bit of patience so I wish people would stop wetting the bed by talking about non winning runs-look at the bigger picture as Nige will deliver 

Was Nige not being paid to be our manager back in March then? sure you would be shouting from the roof tops if his team selections had won more than a game since then....they havent...fact....his fame and history will no doubt keep him here for a few years, hope he does better than LJ who also needed many windows to get us.......no where much.

19 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

CTID is REALLY low brow too. If anything that'll be the place that's bound to be filled with reactionary rubbish too. Not got a sense there's a strong "Pearson Out" feeling on Twitter either. 

Yeah exactly. It's hard to think of a city space more reactionary / short term than there.

5 minutes ago, nellie said:

What would you have done different ? honestly this squad is not good 

Cant go back to every team selection but theres at least 5 from the subs bench who I would have started with on Saturday for a start. Hes had quite a few games to find the best and seems just to have found LJ`S TOMBOLA.

Just now, glos old boy said:

Cant go back to every team selection but theres at least 5 from the subs bench who I would have started with on Saturday for a start. Hes had quite a few games to find the best and seems just to have found LJ`S TOMBOLA.

How does a tombola pick the same 10 out of 11 from Saturday’s first game….and the only change was an injured player who was replaced by the player who came on as sub for him in game 1.

Tombola was the worst analogy you could’ve used.

So you’d have made 5 changes…..just put the effort in and do one game so we can see the team you’d picked.  Always interested to see.

image.thumb.png.1ba2b48d11bca5c1c675dff332474402.png
couldn’t find the original post so screenshot the quote.

MOST?

FIRMLY?

not seen that level of Pearson Out on Twitter on either of my accounts, nor on Facebook on 2 City fans sites, City til I Die and OSIB.

My view is that people are disappointed with the start to the season, and will be unhappy if it goes on.  I can’t say I’ve read more than one or two Pearson Out now.

14 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Strange.

I thought the teams for the two championship games had only one change and that was COD out due to injury. You mention that you would’ve put the 5 subs in the team. So… that means you would make 6 changes after we drew with Blackpool? Is the tombola at your house??

One thing I think we can be sure of seeing with NP is consistency of selection. He has said many times that the shirt is there to be earned. If players play well they will keep the shirt.

Trying to tar NP with this tombola nonsense is absurd and unhelpful. It seems you have an agenda and are using any old rubbish to try and back it up. 

I think it's fair to say that without Blackpool's 93rd minute equaliser; and Forest Green's 96th; we would perhaps be having a different conversation now.

There are fine lines in football, and unfortunately since the 7th August; and unlike DH's start to last season; the gods haven't been with us.

Tough game tomorrow night, and it may not work out for us again. But we are not the basket case of a club this season that people are making us out to be.

Boro drew away to Fulham in their first game, and under Warnock will be a tough proposition for a number of clubs. It was a narrow loss, and the 10-15 mins we were on top in the 2nd half showed what we are capable of. We created chances, and just need that bit of composure/quality in order to take them.

It'a going to be a long season, and of course last year was awful. But we need to be patient here. Losing the plot after what would have been two draws( FGR would have been without pens) and a 1 goal defeat is not all doom & gloom.

I'm going to wait until at least 10-12 games before coming to any conclusions on the current squad/management set up. If we haven't improved and results are still disappointing, then i may well be moved to drawing different conclusions.

But for the meantime, i'm strapping myself in for a difficult ride of a season. We are in a massive transition period. Fingers crossed that we come out the other side intact. To make any conclusive statements on this season at this stage though is very premature in my opinion.

I respect the fact that others might feel different though. This is a forum for everyone ?.

5 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

Strange.

I thought the teams for the two championship games had only one change and that was COD out due to injury. You mention that you would’ve put the 5 subs in the team. So… that means you would make 6 changes after we drew with Blackpool? Is the tomboys at your house??

One thing I think we can be sure of seeing with NP is consistency of selection. He has said many times that the shirt is there to be earned. If players play well they will keep the shirt.

Trying to tar NP with this tomboys nonsense is absurd and unhelpful. It seems you have an agenda and are using any old rubbish to try and back it up. 

He's frustrated because he knows he can't say Pearson out, even though he is dying to, deep down he knows that is a pathetic thing to be calling for so soon. You'd at least like these people to have the balls to actually say it instead of not good enough, only 3 wins, blah blah blah.

4 minutes ago, nellie said:

Cant coach crap and the man management has been good said not good enough goodbye 

But our squad isn't "crap" for the level we are playing at, we have several full Internationals two of whom just played well at the Euros. Naki Wells isn't crap, Weimann isn't crap, Baker isn't crap, DaSilva isnt crap,  Bentley isn't crap etc.

I just can't buy into this conspiricy theory that the whole squad is not only "crap" but has "downed tools" and is some how uncoachable.

When Holden was manager with these players it was his fault, since NP it's the players - which is it ?

I really think and hope that NP can turn it around but there are far more issues at play here than the "players are crap" mantra.

IMO.

2 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

But our squad isn't "crap" for the level we are playing at, we have several full Internationals two of whom just played well at the Euros. Naki Wells isn't crap, Weimann isn't crap, Baker isn't crap, DaSilva isnt crap,  Bentley isn't crap etc.

I just can't buy into this conspiricy theory that the whole squad is not only "crap" but has "downed tools" and is some how uncoachable.

When Holden was manager with these players it was his fault, since NP it's the players - which is it ?

I really think and hope that NP can turn it around but there are far more issues at play here than the "players are crap" mantra.

IMO.

A number of them did down tools LAST SEASON and many of the rest were injured. That's how we found out about the likes of Conway, Pearson, Bell and Towler. One or two of them remained "injured" when in normal circumstances they would have been out there playing. I know that. One loon was caught hiding in the changing rooms yet still has a career at our level remarkably. That whole situation was down to Mark Ashton not Holden, Pearson or anybody else.

However, in the three games we have played this season I see no evidence that anyone has downed tools or that the lads are uncoachable. Two games where we lost concentration right at the end of the game and an appalling piece of defending on Saturday made even worse by Matty James missing a chance at the death that he would normally bury with his dick. It's not quite as bad as a few are making out. It's not good either so far but certainly not an unmitigated disaster.

What will be an unmitigated disaster is if people go down the Gate and abuse the lads to the point where they are frightened to death to put one foot in front of the other. If it's relegation and the moan of your life you want, do that!!!

5 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

He's frustrated because he knows he can't say Pearson out, even though he is dying to, deep down he knows that is a pathetic thing to ber calling for. You'd at least like these people to have the balls to actually say it instead of not good enough, only 3 wins, blah blah blah.

Nail on the head for a few on here.  They’d be better off just saying it.  Doesnt make them less of a City fan, nor does wanting to give him time make me more if a City fan.  Just get on and say it.

5 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

IMO.

Yes, disagree with @nellie….squad isn’t crap, it’s good enough for middle 8, where in that middle 8 I don’t know.  Since promotion We’ve actually finished in the top 8 once (8th), middle 8 three times and bottom 8 twice.

We are getting used to a few new players, a new system and confidence is low because of the way we finished the season, even if a lot of personnel in the 11 are different.

I see improvement in performance, not huge, but improvement nonetheless.  That’s with my eyes.  I’m not sat there tearing my hair out like last season at pure ineptitude or lack of desire.  I see a structured press, I see players no longer hiding from a pass.  That’s improvement.  

If I look at stats and put them all together we are just below mid-table on a 2 game sample….I’m not comfortable on relying on stats at this point though.

Mistakes are the problem, and these need to eradicated / minimised….either individual or team.

I don’t see a downed tools like last season either, just rhetoric imho.  Players not playing will be unhappy, especially if they are the likes of Kalas and Nagy, irrespective of our view on them.  One has asked to leave. That’s football.

We need to keep working hard and improving.

40 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

image.thumb.png.1ba2b48d11bca5c1c675dff332474402.png
couldn’t find the original post so screenshot the quote.

MOST?

FIRMLY?

not seen that level of Pearson Out on Twitter on either of my accounts, nor on Facebook on 2 City fans sites, City til I Die and OSIB.

My view is that people are disappointed with the start to the season, and will be unhappy if it goes on.  I can’t say I’ve read more than one or two Pearson Out now.

I have not seen it either.

I think someone has pushed their own personal narrative but offset it against a group that does not exist. Would have a lot more credibility from me if those who did want “Pearson Out” owned it, gave football based reasons why whilst taking into account perspective and context of where we currently are, and offered an alternative who would be a better prospect, available, and realistically obtainable AND who would want to come to us.

The actual fact is, there is no-one better placed than Pearson, given time, with his single-minded drive and pedigree and experience to get us out of this.

55 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

What I will say about the Blackpool game is that goal was coming. We got away with a few before that. Like Nige says we have to do better there, gifted them a goal.

Yep, Laverty changed the game when he came on with his running against our tiring defence.

Last year, we rode our luck in the first 6 games, and came away with results from games, where on reflection we could easily have lost.

The early substitution of COD for Palmer affected our ability to see the game out i think. Was calling out for a sub to use up some of the 3 mins of injury time, before i realised we had in fact done all 3 already.

We were so close, must only have been 15 seconds left if that. 

36 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Yeah, not my bag invading other's privacy and plastering names all over here. Hence the reference to it rather than doxxing other people. I get that Facebook is public domain, but I'd be seething if people we're copying an pasting my comments on another forum to try and 'win' a discourse and I found out about it. 

Deleted the pic from your response for that reason. It's not that difficult to set up search terms for Google alerts or hashtags etc and then follow @ signs and the rest if you wanted to. 

Atkinson, Kalas, Scott, Dasilva (injury depending) Massengo, Weimann(Already Has) , Nagy and then the likes of Semenyo, and the rough cuts of Comway, Janneh, are just some who could or have played there. 

As has been discussed infinitum, just because players are in a shit team currently does not make them shit nor does it mean they cant play higher either. 

Yip, I can my perogative 

It's not a culture of youth instantly equalling amazing, this is our best crop, possibly ever, who can in the majority play at this level comfortably, some definitely higher and others will have football league careers. The numbers and scale are what makes it amazing this time. To write that off seems a bit silly. 

Who out of the current crop is able to “play at this level comfortably”?

Who has put in a performance at Championship level that suggests this?

The players that you list as capable at Premier League level (level above) is laughable. Atkinson? Scott? Both started 2 games as Championship level and not a win or goal or clean sheet or assist between them. The potential is there but thats so unknown. Right now I would say we have one player that could or would feature regularly in a Premier League team.

13 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Yeah, not my bag invading other's privacy and plastering names all over here. Hence the reference to it rather than doxxing other people. I get that Facebook is public domain, but I'd be seething if people we're copying an pasting my comments on another forum to try and 'win' a discourse and I found out about it. 

Deleted the pic from your response for that reason. It's not that difficult to set up search terms for Google alerts or hashtags etc and then follow @ signs and the rest if you wanted to. 

Invading others privacy? Doxxing? Seething?

... Really?

Well you post and blur the names then, or use Twitter where it's a handle not a name. You said it was mostly Pearson out. Come on.

Sounds like you'd just rather deflect to me.

Oh, and I know it's not difficult to search. I did search myself, I literally said that in my post, then said it didn't match up, so asked you to clarify.

Very odd response in general. Just admit you made it up.

7 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Atkinson, Kalas, Scott, Dasilva (injury depending) Massengo, Weimann(Already Has) , Nagy and then the likes of Semenyo, and the rough cuts of Comway, Janneh, are just some who could or have played there. 

As has been discussed infinitum, just because players are in a shit team currently does not make them shit nor does it mean they cant play higher either. 

Yip, I can my perogative 

It's not a culture of youth instantly equalling amazing, this is our best crop, possibly ever, who can in the majority play at this level comfortably, some definitely higher and others will have football league careers. The numbers and scale are what makes it amazing this time. To write that off seems a bit silly. 

Looking forward imo Kalas no way has been in a promotion side twice i think,then never signed by that side.

Weimann might have played at that level but you can't possibly believe that any premier side would sign him.

Dasilva  not a chance in hell.

The others yeah maybe most have a 1 in 10 chance Scott 2 in 10 chance at this stage.

Archived